It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Brink has been reached.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: annonentity

There is no winner in a full-blown nuclear conflict annonentity.

Hence the reason it's called mutually assured destruction.

As to fallout shelters. LoL

What is it you imagine you would be coming back up to after about 60-250 years?

Fallout 4 is a game mate not a life choice.

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Fallout 4 is a game mate not a life choice.

I beg to differ. Seriously though, the world could recover from a large scale nuclear war in a surprisingly short amount of time. It will take a lot more than that to eradicate us and many other life forms from this planet.

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

A full-blown nuclear exchange could take the current iteration of civilization out overnight.

Seriously.

It's not about wiping life from the face of the earth.

It's about destroying nations and ways of life.

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 06:31 PM
link   

If it had happened in the 50s or 60s maybe.

But humans are a lot less hardy and resilient than we were just a few generations ago.

Some critters would make it, but I think very few humans would.

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Modern nuclear weapons have a radiation problem lasting about two weeks.

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 06:54 PM
link   

When was the last time a modern nuclear weapon was tested?

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 07:13 PM
link   

A lot of the infrastructure for modern society was built within the last 100 years, which is virtually nothing in the grand scheme of things. Just look at how Hiroshima is flourishing compared to the bleak scenes captured after it was nuked, and it's been much less than 100 years. Sure it would slow our progress, but not nearly as much as most people would assume. Having said that, all my previous posts in this thread are an attempt to point out why it's so important for us to avoid nuclear war.

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Bullsh@t.

Where do you get these nonsense claims?

You're alluding to something called the "two-week period" but the fallout continues to remain long after two weeks.

And depending on the type of bomb, and the yield, radioactive isotopes can remain hazardous for months or even years, depending on their half-lives.

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

That's not how it would go.

There's no such thing as a nuke or a few nukes.

Once the first one is launched everyone will launch all of them.

Then it's adios muchachos

I would think the plan is already in play by NATO so if Russia launched 1 the Motherland would only have a few seconds left. These things need guidance if NATO isn't targeting the Satellite's I would be very surprised . I'm also sure that NATO has insiders that would warn of a launch order .

If that was true, then this thread wouldn’t exist. With NATO countries being worried about approving the missiles being launched on Russia and all.

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 09:20 PM
link   

You seem rather conflicted if I'm honest.

You refuse to accept the fact that Russia is resorting to the importation of foreign missiles drones and artillery.

And yet seem willing to entertain the likes of mythical WMD that Russia has tucked away just waiting to use to prove a point.

Of course nuclear war is a bad idea, only really silly people would think otherwise in this day of age.

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 09:45 PM
link   

You again sunshine ... What's the point of using nukes if the land you detonated them is useless for hundreds of years, that's why they have evolved with the radioactive half lives being a fraction of what they once were. The whole idea of war is to take someone else's land and make it yours who would want a poisoned chalice.

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 10:09 PM
link   

And now we have this:

BREAKING: Biden Gives Green Light For NATO To Start Bombing Russia With High Powered Missiles!

Russia Warns This Will Be A Declaration of War By The West.

x.com...
edit on 14-9-2024 by ArtificialTelemetry because: Wrong data

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ArtificialTelemetry

The moment that one of those missiles' hits in Russia. Then the West is officially at war with Russia. Diplomats should be recalled and after a quiet period where everybody gets ready , I guess it will be on.

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ArtificialTelemetry

This dont look to good the wives and children of diplomats are leaving the Us

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Define Invaded ...

More evasion and deflection.

In this context I'd define it as when the military of one or more countries enter another country against its wishes with the intent of subjugating it and its people.

That is exactly what has happened here; Russia has invaded Ukraine.
It really is that simple.

And my straight forward question you which you seem so reluctant to answer is would you fight if another country invaded your country or would you submit tamely?

The only people talking about nuclear war are Putin, his mob and his sycophants.

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 02:29 AM
link   

.... and that's exactly how nuclear wars occur.

How do you know?
How many nuclear wars have there been?

None.
Why?
Because we have been strong and resolute and certainly not by giving in to dictators.

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I doubt it I take the attitude that if the government changed how would it effect me, would my life be any better or worse. Have I got a culture worth defending?. I like the Russians and would never shoot at them if that's what you are inferring.

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Granted its a highly unlikely scenario but you're saying that if Russia were to invade your country you wouldn't resist and fight back because you 'like the Russians'?

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 04:28 AM
link   

I can see where you're coming from but invading Ukraine and dividing it into four as per the Russia plan doesn't create a buffer zone, it instead removes it and means NATO and Russia share borders vastly increasing the risk of war.

Belarus accidentally broadcast the war plans on live TV in the early stages of the war and shows Russia invading NATO member Poland after conquering Ukraine to create a land bridge to Kalingrad, take over Moldova via the Black Sea, then Slovakia, Hungary and Romania which would guarantee war with NATO and massibvely increase chances of nuclear war in my opnion. Belarus dictator appeared to show Russian plans to invade Moldova

If the west caved into threats of nuclear war and set the precedent we wouldn't defend allies, treaty obligations or our own countries being invaded if such threats were made it'd spur on other nations to copy the Russian threats and cause an increase in international conflicts.

I don't see China copying the tactic but hard to see NK and Iran not following suit with South Korea and Israel. There's potentially Pakistan and India may adopt it too with their conflicts and skirmishes with China.
edit on 15-9-2024 by bastion because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-9-2024 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2024 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
_javascript:news()
Have you looked at the population of Russia? they do not want to invade anyone , as far as they are concerned it is a pain in the ass, they haven't the manpower. The Chinese might be a different matter. But as far as Russia goes all they would do is make sure a Russian friendly government was installed and then go home. The reality is you can walk the streets of Moscow at night and not get mugged. Try that in London. In the unlikely event the Russians invaded, personally I couldn't give a #. They would be doing us a favour as we have already been invaded by WEF installed governments.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join