It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Brink has been reached.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

He sounds a bit lacking in detail?

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 11:20 AM
link   

The Tsar Bomba explosion had a yield of about 50 megatons.

If Russia detonated anything as powerful as that anywhere near Ukraine they would be as likely to shoot themselves in the foot given the fallout such a yield would produce and depending on the prevailing wind patterns.

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

He said the nuke didn't kill anyone so how does it start WW3?

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

originally posted by: UKTruth
Thankfully Starmer has been over ruled and the US and NATO have backed down.

Do you have a source for that ?

I don't see why NATO would allow Putin to call the shots , he's allowed to get ballistic missiles from Iran but Ukraine can't get them from their allies ?

www.msn.com...

They blinked.

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Like I said, it's probably a hoax, but it doesn't say anything about the nuke detonating near Ukraine. Whether real or fake, I think it's still a useful message for understanding just how devastating nuclear war can be. The conflict in Ukraine is certainly not worth engulfing the world in nuclear fire. But if we keep going on this current path that's exactly how things will turn out.

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Thats a good question.

Suppose it could be of the EMP sorts and detonated in the upper atmosphere.

Even then at 50 megatons, planes are going to fall from the sky.

And people are going to die down to a variety of different reasons.

Down to the significant and widespread effects on all unshielded electronics and the power grid.

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Guess it's a decision for all members at the General Assembly , I wouldn't rule it out though.

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Detonating 50-megaton fusion devices anywhere on the globe is a bad idea ChaoticOrder.

It's one of the reasons the Russians never bothered to pursue the likes of the Tsar Bomba.

Because it amounted to severe overkill down to the immense destructive capacity.

Which meant it exceeded practical military applications.

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 11:37 AM
link   

But if you want to make a powerful statement without necessarily killing anyone it seems like a good way of going about it.

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: UKTruth

Guess it's a decision for all members at the General Assembly , I wouldn't rule it out though.

Yes its a delay - and i would not expect them to ever make a formal decision not to.
Zelensky is screaming about the delay - the less people listen to that little tyrant, the better.

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I dont think Russia has nuclear ordnance stockpiled with that sort of yield in this day of age.

Again it was not a very practical device in the first place.

As to powerful statements.

It would make Russia the world pariah more than anything else by my guess.

And scream desperation in spades.

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Here's the thing, that person could have made up any story, yet I feel like the version of events they portrayed do feel realistic, because Russia would probably take very extreme measures to bring about their victory, but the moment they kill people using nukes, is a definite line in the sand we cannot come back from. So they would likely try detonating a large nuke high in the atmosphere or in a isolated location in order to demonstrate their strength. And there's also a good chance the rest of the world would react to such an action by legitimately nuking and killing large numbers of people (and then thinking they are somehow on the right side of history), sparking a full blown nuclear war.

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 12:04 PM
link   

There have been plenty of nuclear above ground tests that haven't kicked off WW3.

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I think we both know that testing a nuclear device within ones own territory is very different to detonating a nuke as an offensive show of strength during a war.

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Yes, of course. But the bloke said no one was killed?

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I believe it's going to come down to this

Will a War save the democrats or will it not. If Putin starts sending missiles at the US, will it cause martial law to go into effect before the Election.
edit on 14-9-2024 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

If that happens your election will be the least of your worries!

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Have you seen what just one Russian RS-28 Sarmat ICBM plus its accompanying weapons payload could do?

Their strength is not really in question.

But using nuclear weapons would not get Putin anything aside from the favour returned in kind.

NATO has that man personally targeted at all times and he knows fine well what happens next.

Which would probably involve wiping the likes of Moscow and St Petersburg off the map via SLBMs strike.

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 12:18 PM
link   

The Soviet union persued higher yield devices during the cold War because their guidance systems were not as good as ours.

They pretty much just rolled with the notion that with bigger bombs they only needed to get close enough.

The Tsar Bomba was going to be a 100 mega-ton device but they scaled it down to 50 for the test.

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Like I said, he could have made up anything, so why say something that many people such as yourself will question? I don't think it really matters if no one was killed, the mere act of detonating such a large nuke as a direct threat to the EU and western world, could easily inspire a pre-emptive attack, leading to a real nuclear war. Not sure why that is so hard for you to understand.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join