It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Brink has been reached.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

I have a grounded full metal shop. Will that make anything in it relatively EMP resistant?
edit on 13-9-2024 by charlest2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: charlest2

Not likely.

Better off just getting some hotdogs and marshmallows and enjoying the pretty lights for a few seconds.

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

What about them?

WE HAD 46 OF THEM.

But the evil regime (that we should side with Russia against) says,

The Pentagon and UN have insisted there are no bioweapons in any of the facilities and the labs have been known about for years

It takes strategic brilliance to pull off what happened.. Their propagandists have effectively convinced a large portion of American society their own government is corrupt and have led people right into the preferred globalist position for America. They want us spiting our trading partners and out of NATO. No more pesky global presence to get in the way of Ukraine and Taiwan. Only tariffs and isolation.

Why do I need to think only the basic-minded Trump can save us from WWIII? He cant even resist triggers in a f*cking debate. Does not lend to confidence. Why can't I think Putin does cartwheels if Trump is elected? I don't believe a word either say.

As far as educating myself, I demand to be an autodidact. I really don't do well with people teaching me what I should learn, how I should take statements out of context, or why my own government are the corrupt masters of my enslavement, and need to be done away with.

I choose to stay ignorant if the enlightened is a fixture of angry paranoid tunnelvision that leads me to believe my own country is ALREADY GONE and NEEDS an authoritative state inserted in its place - that cheers the imprisonment of those that ruled against Trump on the 2020 election - because they weaponized government first.

I'd rather drink concentrated hemlock tea then get incensed against anything but that which deliberate and maliciously divides us by exploiting our freedoms. Freedoms the countries largely (clandestinely) responsible for our current division don't allow.

I'm more pissed at RUSSIA AND CHINA, and all those that exploit our free media (even with fact checks) and create the anger for this thread to exist.

THE CONDITIONED ANGER TO BE AT EACH-OTHER'S THROAT OVER HOSTILE COUNTRIES COULD END THIS EXPERIMENT. MAYBE RIGHT ON 250 YEAR QUEUE?

I'd rather not be part of what wants to replace it and would not fight other Americans to save it if that happened. I'd take the one way ticket.
edit on 14-9-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

They lied about the Gulf of Tonkin
They lied about Iraq
They lied about Russian collusion
They lied about Covid
They lied about the Biden laptop

But they're totally telling the truth this time guys!

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

posted on Sep, 13 2024 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Look into Operation Northwoods, Operation Mockingbird.

The amendment to the Smith/Mund Act.

Why are there so many "former" Intel operatives and agents working in the corporate media?

Is it so hard to understand that they don't care about you?

They would murder you and your entire family if they thought it would give them a beneficial news cycle.

Sure Russia and China are running their ops.

But they pale in comparison to what our own government is perpetrating on us.

edit on 13-9-2024 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Don't take this personally because I see it misused regularly here and your comment shows far too much sophistication to misuse such a simple word.

I'd rather drink concentrated hemlock tea then get incensed against anything but...

Than! Not then!

then: adverb: at that time; at the time in question.
"I was living in Cairo then"

than: conjunction: 1.used to introduce the second element in a comparison.
"they go out less than they did when they first moved to Paris"
2. used in expressions introducing an exception or contrast.
"they observe rather than act"
preposition 1.introducing the second element in a comparison.
"he was much smaller than his son"
2. apart from; except.
"he claims not to own anything other than his home"

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: charlest2

Lol.

I'll take grammar nazis correcting me, it's from a tamer, less incendiary time. I always screw up "then" and "than," make up my own puncuation, and mess up every homophone there is. I'll leave out the entire middle of words sometimes. I actually screw up less in Spanish.

Only in the era of autocorrect can dyslexia be hidden.
edit on 14-9-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Dyslexia is a bitch. I should know. I have to read almost everything at least twice to comprehend.

And my writing is excruciatingly painful.
edit on 14-9-2024 by charlest2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33

It takes strategic brilliance to pull off what happened.. Their propagandists have effectively convinced a large portion of American society their own government is corrupt and have led people right into the preferred globalist position for America. They want us spiting our trading partners and out of NATO. No more pesky global presence to get in the way of Ukraine and Taiwan. Only tariffs and isolation.

I think it would be more accurate to say that OUR propagandists have convinced a large segment of the American people that our government is corrupt. They've done this by telling us lies that defied our own observations. Some lies we saw through instantly, like "Biden is sharp as a tack." Some took a while before we knew the truth, like the Steele Dossier and the Gulf of Tonkin. Some, we're still waiting for answers, like Epstein.

The fact that most of our "news" outlets seem to work in lockstep promoting stories that are not true while downplaying stories that are true with the blessing of a group or groups within government leads me to believe that corruption in our government carries more weight than integrity.

And just briefly, our trading partners impose tariffs. If we spend less on NATO, we could spend more on our own healthcare, like our NATO allies do. Protecting your country's borders and controlling immigration is not isolation. And the "global presence" that should be taking care of Ukraine and Taiwan is the United Nations. That is literally their job.

originally posted by: Degradation33

Why do I need to think only the basic-minded Trump can save us from WWIII? He cant even resist triggers in a f*cking debate. Does not lend to confidence. Why can't I think Putin does cartwheels if Trump is elected? I don't believe a word he says.

Think about that for a minute. Our current President, Joe Biden, obviously isn't in charge of anything. He has said at press conferences that he is not allowed to take questions. Do you think that he would be allowed to make the decision to declare war on Russia? No, someone will have to tell him what to do. Kamala Harris has been a part of this charade. She knows that if she is President, she will be a figurehead just like Biden. She has seen it firsthand.

If, as you say, Donald Trump is easily triggered, do you think Putin would risk triggering him? I don't think Putin wants WW3. But if you honestly believe Putin wants WW3 then we should all just launch nukes now. No sense in delaying the inevitable. But at the very least, Trump has offered to try to negotiate a cease fire. Once we stop killing people we could talk about the causes of this war and maybe come to an agreement. The alternative is to keep killing people until we start turning keys and pushing buttons.

But getting back to propaganda, I'll tell you something that's real. The Vietnam Memorial Wall. You can walk that wall and read the 58,000 names of men and women who lost their lives in a war based on lies. You can think about how we gained nothing from their sacrifices, but we lost enough of our nation's wealth to take us off the Gold Standard and send us spiraling into a recession. You can wonder what their lives could have been. Would this person have one day cured cancer? Would that person have discovered cold fusion? Would this other person just have lived a long, happy life, passing away in his bed surrounded by his loved ones? 58,000 people who had courage, honor, and a sense of duty could have changed not only this country, but the whole world for the better.

As much as I respect the people whose names are on that wall, knowing what I know now, I wouldn't want to take their place. It was a war based on lies. And whether had we won or lost, it wouldn't have helped their country or ours.

So the question I have to ask is: Would you be willing to sacrifice your life for the war in Ukraine? I'm sure if you were determined you could arrange transportation and become a mercenary. How about the lives of your children or grandchildren?

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: annonentity

The UK and Russia have been kicking diplomats out of each others countries for decades, if not centuries.

The allies assembled outside of NATO do much of there GDP with China , if they go to war with Russia then they go to war with China,.....

Why would China go to war with 'The West' over Russia?
What would China gain from that?

The already struggling Chinese economy, which is reliant on western purchase power, would be well and truly knackered.
Along with the boost in the Chinese economy also came a rise in living standards.....and expectations.
Urban Chinese won't accept working all day for a bowl of rice any more. And if their economy crashes that's what they'll go back to.
The Chinese are very practical people and play the long game.

I suspect in the event of any major NATO/Russia confrontation China would sit on the fence, prevaricate and procrastinate and pick up the pieces in the aftermath; large parts of eastern Russia and invest in any re-building etc.

If Putin ever does act out one of his many threats of first strike nuclear attack China would join in the almost universal condemnation and retribution; it would be a far too dangerous precedent to allow to go unpunished.

I've asked you several times in several threads but as far as I recall I've never had an answer; what would YOU do if someone invaded your country?
Would you roll over and accept it or would you resist and fight back?
edit on 14/9/24 by Freeborn because: typo

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Just got to c hip in here, war is an irrational act so you can't really ascribe rationality to it in any way.

For instance, France was Germany's largest trading partner prior to WW1.

China stands to gain Taiwan when the West is enmeshed in a messy war with Russia. That is one thing.
The Chinese people will do as they are told or will die.

In the event of a Nato Russian war, china will be left only with India as a military competitor in the east, that, to some, would make an excellent casus bellus for China to back Russian aggression, after all, when the Russian bear goes back to its cave to lick it's wounds, China will be able to recover much of the land they covet on the border with Russia.

I can see I just made a semi rational case for China supporting a war between Russia and the West

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

The main reason people go to war is for land.

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

China might relish the prospect of a war between NATO and Russia and benefit from it......but that's not to say it would get involved.
Far better for it to sit on the fence and feast on the pickings in the aftermath.

If Russia uses tactical nukes China will join in the condemnation and the least it would do would be to abandon all practical and moral support for Russia. Its far too dangerous a precedent for them not to.

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Yes.
Which is what Russia has done; try to steal land from Ukraine.

So, again; what would you do if someone invaded your country?
Would you stand and fight or cave in and submit?

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 03:24 AM
link   
It's another hollow threat from a failing admin as the missiles have been used in areas Putin illegally annexed and stole from Ukraine for a year or so. Threats to nuke Europe have been a weekly thing for years now and got boring a long time ago.

Demanding that only Russia is allowed to use an internationally supplied arsenal or that any country not simping for Putin desrves to be nuked is pretty crazy and would quickly lead to other countries following suit and ensure a major increase in international wars.

As always, if Putin actually wants peace all he needs to do is stop the illegal war and empire building.

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Russia/Ukraine War can't be compared to some evil foreign country coming and invading your country so just STOP trying to make this comparison. It's much more comparable to the Western US invading the Eastern US.

SO would you go to war with a side that has family and friends? Would you stand and fight against people you know or are at least exactly like you?

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheMisguidedAngel

Russia/Ukraine War can't be compared to some evil foreign country coming and invading your country so just STOP trying to make this comparison. It's much more comparable to the Western US invading the Eastern US.

SO would you go to war with a side that has family and friends? Would you stand and fight against people you know or are at least exactly like you?

Ukraine is a separate country. it has been independent for over 30 years. It is a statement of fact to say Russia has invaded.

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 04:15 AM
link   

When the US invaded Vietnam, you can take all the US soldiers out of uniform and put them in a room with the Vietcong and you would still know who was on what side.

When the US invaded IRAQ you could put all the all the US soliders and the Iraqs in the same room in street clothes and you would still know who was on what side.

When the US invaded Afghanistan you could put them all in a room in street clothes and you would still know who the America's were and who the Afghans were.

With Russia and Ukraine you put them all in a big room in street clothes and you wouldn't be able to tell them apart.

So stop asking such a foolish question like it's some sort of "gotcha" moment because it's not even close. When Russia took over Crimea THE VAST majority of the people in Crinea were happy, like 90% of them.

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 04:17 AM
link   

When the US invaded Vietnam, you can take all the US soldiers out of uniform and put them in a room with the Vietcong and you would still know who was on what side.

When the US invaded IRAQ you could put all the all the US soliders and the Iraqs in the same room in street clothes and you would still know who was on what side.

When the US invaded Afghanistan you could put them all in a room in street clothes and you would still know who the America's were and who the Afghans were.

With Russia and Ukraine you put them all in a big room in street clothes and you wouldn't be able to tell them apart.

So stop asking such a foolish question like it's some sort of "gotcha" moment because it's not even close. When Russia took over Crimea THE VAST majority of the people in Crinea were happy, like 90% of them.

And?

Do nations get defined by skin colour?

posted on Sep, 14 2024 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: BedevereTheWise

Ukraine is a separate country. it has been independent for over 30 years. It is a statement of fact to say Russia has invaded.

That wasn't the question 😳

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join