It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump backs Louisiana law requiring Ten Commandments in schools

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Xtrozero

LOL Tell it to the high school science teachers and the college professors who have to deal with the authoritarian challenges and questions that these mandated religious posters will surely invoke, that they will have to deal with instead of their curriculum.

Tell it to the ultra-religious who now have some of their most sacred beliefs edited, marginalized and mocked and the very definition of "GOD" casually switched to whatever empirical love affair is convenient and trending at the moment.

Jews and Muslims won't suddenly start accepting that the Christian Jesus is the same God that wrote those commandments in stone. So, the obvious gratuitous gesture won't unite Christian, Jews and Muslims under some government blessed public-school umbrella.

Where were you when the public school educators were having schoolchildren bowing on prayer rugs ? I distinctly remember reading about it in the news a few years back after Obama introduced the Muslim faith into the mainstream.
www.khanacademy.org...#:~:text=The%20faithf ul%20pray%20by%20bowing,reverence%20and%20submission%20to%20Allah.

2. Daily prayers (salat) Muslims are expected to pray five times a day. This does not mean that they need to attend a mosque to pray; rather, the salat, or the daily prayer, should be recited five times a day. Muslims can pray anywhere; however, they are meant to pray towards . The faithful pray by bowing several times while standing and then kneeling and touching the ground or prayer mat with their foreheads, as a symbol of their reverence and submission to Allah. On Friday, many Muslims attend a mosque near midday to pray and to listen to a sermon (khutba).

I bet you had nothing to say about it, because inclusion.
Then there’s this ing.org...
And this www.foxnews.com...
edit on 24-6-2024 by EyeoftheHurricane because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

so you think a high school teacher will be unable to explain the laws our nation bases all other laws on?

A high school SCIENCE teacher shouldn't have to deal with the authoritarian challenges that mandated posted biblical law in the classroom will bring, especially to science teachers.

Students will have been given permission reject the authority of the teacher, the textbooks, even the public school system to teach them anything that challenges their religious view of the world.

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: EyeoftheHurricane

What nonsense are you talking about? The Obama Administration never mandated prayer, of any kind, in the public schools.

edit on 4720242024k12America/Chicago2024-06-24T11:12:47-05:0011am2024-06-24T11:12:47-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 11:13 AM
link   

What nonsense are you talking about? The Obama Administration never mandated prayer, of any kind, in the public schools.

If you would bother to read anything I have posted, you would see how the public school educators have taken advantage of dei wokedness in schools.
So it’s ok for schools to take the children to learn to pray of prayer rugs in a mosque during school field trips ? You cannot have it both ways.
I think you don’t want to see the truth.

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Oh wait that guy says he’s Christian then he says the religion is dead.
And here you are preaching the gospel to all of us here. Were you a Christian like this guy ?
I am not saying I agree with the bill. I am arguing that those who are against it probably are overlooking the proselytizing of the Muslim faith during a time when we had a Muslim POTUS
Either you want religion out of schools or you don’t.
Secular Humanism was declared a religion in a court of law, and yet here you are, you cannot even answer to that.
downloads.frc.org...
Family Research Council on the Founding Fathers
I would also add that many people who came from England as part of the original colonies were escaping the state religion mandated by a King.
I personally do not want to see the religion of humanism running our schools the way they have been.
It has promoted the use of “values clarification” and the separating of children from the values and mores of their parents. Indeed today schools are promoting a bizarre concept of many genders and the idea that the schools and not the parents are the guardians of the children. That is directly the Humanist ideal of John Dewey who himself was a signer of the Humanist Manifesto. I have discussed it numerous times on the site. Dewey was exposed as a Statist who believed children were owned by the State, by Prof Antony Sutton in his writings.
How outrageous is it that today the religion of Humanism and John Dewey statism promotes the castration of children without their parents consent or knowledge!!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyAmerican

originally posted by: Threadbarer
a reply to: SteamyAmerican

The Establishment Clause applies to the states just as much as it does the federal government. The ACLU is already working on a lawsuit.

This law will never go into effect. A stay will be placed on it while the case works its way through the courts before being struck down for being blatantly unconstitutional.
Speaking of laws with kids and education.

Why are states like Hawaii allowing the government to steal your child and force them to have gender reassignment?

Is this okay?

Seems pertinent to familial beliefs and rights.

Does the ACLU only work against religious interests?

Just curious.

Bravo!
No the aclu only works to promote the religious views of some in a collective manner, just not Christian.
And that is sadly what has been happening of late.

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 11:47 AM
link   

So it’s ok for schools to take the children to learn to pray of prayer rugs in a mosque during school field trips ?

You cannot have it both ways.

I don't know anything about that. But, mandating that every classroom in the state's public school system, from kindergarten through college, post a large, easy to read, copy of the 10 Commandments isn't the same as some class, somewhere, going on a field trip.

Oh wait that guy says he’s Christian then he says the religion is dead.

Sigh, he was referring to this scripture:

James 2:14-26
What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

Secular Humanism was declared a religion in a court of law, and yet here you are, you cannot even answer to that.

Show me where Secular Humanism has been mandated by law to be taught in any public school, let alone its tenet posted on every classroom wall, from kindergarten to college.

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

"Works" is posting the Ten Commandments. No?

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Secular Humanism has taken root in the educational system bolstered by court cases demanding the removal of all religious references in the schools and also by the institution of Common Core which mandated the “standards” or schools lose funding.
What is the difference between a law mandating a state religion and a federal law demanding public schools use Common Core and removing funding from schools which do not ascribe to Common Core standards?
www.heraldstandard.com...

As education became religiously neutral and universally required, educational “progressives” began promoting an even more dramatic change. John Dewey, at Columbia University, insisted that “values” must be formed by the democratic process rather than from an “archaic reliance on an absolute standard, namely the King James Bible.” Dewey’s idea was that “values” change as life and society changes

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Show me where Secular Humanism has been mandated by law to be taught in any public school, let alone its tenet posted on every classroom wall, from kindergarten to college.

The Satanic Temple an official church -- humanist.

Responds to complaints made by individuals in regard to equal rights to belief.

In other words, they will seek legal equality by having their tenants placed in every classroom as well.

Which opens the doors for others.

THERE ARE SEVEN FUNDAMENTAL TENETS
I - One should strive to act with compassion and empathy toward all creatures in accordance with reason.
II - The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.
III - One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.
IV - The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo one's own.
V - Beliefs should conform to one's best scientific understanding of the world. One should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit one's beliefs.
VI - People are fallible. If one makes a mistake, one should do one's best to rectify it and resolve any harm that might have been caused.
VII - Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word.

thesatanictemple.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

In other words, they will seek legal equality by having their tenants placed in every classroom as well.

I - One should strive to act with compassion and empathy toward all creatures in accordance with reason.
II - The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.
IV - The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo one's own.
V - Beliefs should conform to one's best scientific understanding of the world. One should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit one's beliefs.
VI - People are fallible. If one makes a mistake, one should do one's best to rectify it and resolve any harm that might have been caused.
VII - Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word.

thesatanictemple.com...

Well start petitioning The State Legislatures !!!!

Nobody will do it for you! 😀

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

thesatanictemple.com...

Where is there an argument in there?

It is a statement.

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I prefer that to them being graped in church...but you know, we all have our own goals.

a reply to: watchitburn

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: mechtech87
I prefer that to them being graped in church...but you know, we all have our own goals.

It's not the 80's anymore. The pedos go where the children are, which is public schools.

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 12:59 PM
link   

thesatanictemple.com...

It is a statement.

Who said there's an argument????????

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

originally posted by: mechtech87

It's not the 80's anymore. The pedos go where the children are, which is public schools.

What does any of that have to do with the subject of this thread?

Every thread now, no matter what the subject is, brings in: child sex abuse, transphobia, etc — as a basis for argument.

Why is this continuously allowed?

It has nothing to do with: “You shall have No other Gods before me”.

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Thou Shall Not Covet 😬

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
a reply to: Degradation33

I observe with regret how in the USA, they are pushing through the “10 commandments of the builders of communism” (((

Where can i find those?

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 01:18 PM
link   

thesatanictemple.com...

It is a statement.

Seemed like it. Why the red?

A bit off topic — but with more and more people remote working — and not having to live near their office buildings — the stranglehold of the Bible Belt is dissipating. The South/Midwest is the new frontier.

edit on pm66America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 02:21 PM
link   

thesatanictemple.com...

It is a statement.

Seemed like it. Why the red?

A bit off topic — but with more and more people remote working — and not having to live near their office buildings — the stranglehold of the Bible Belt is dissipating. The South/Midwest is the new frontier.

I was aware that not everyone believes in God, but I wasn't aware that they couldn't mentally deal with seeing the 10 commandments in print. I suppose you learn new things every day. Snowflakes will melt.

But do people in the midwest not believe in God as a whole, or are there churches there as well?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join