It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump backs Louisiana law requiring Ten Commandments in schools

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: Vermilion
a reply to: Sookiechacha

It’s entertaining to finally see a state step up and troll the snowflakes.

They certainly do better with trolling snowflakes than improving their school systems.

40th in k-12 and 47th in higher education.

Seems they’re more interested using their time governing to dunk on people than invest in their youth.

I worked as a Quality Control assistant at Nissan. My boss was British.

His biggest complaint about working with Asians is that they could not think or work independently.

Test scores mean someone is good at taking tests.

yea, and those slanty eyes makes them look like they are up to something. And those black folk, don't even get me started on them. Amirite.

Do you know the difference between racism and culture?

Exactly. From my experience, I see Asian businesses models usually have protocols in place and don't depend on regular employees to apply innovation to problem solve on the spot. That's definitely an American business model though!
Seat of the Pants

edit on 4220242024k14America/Chicago2024-06-24T16:14:42-05:0004pm2024-06-24T16:14:42-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTophat

I guess Jefferson doesn't count as a forefather?

I'm not liberal or conservative.
I'm counterculture. Always anti status quo.

And the status quo on ATS at the moment is set to Trump cult. You ever talk to a Scientologist or a Mormon about how silly their beliefs are?

Probably won't change any minds, it's just fun to bust up a jilted worldview no matter which side it is because neither side will ever have my best interests at heart.

Thomas Jefferson was an interesting person, and of course, you would pick the most controversial of our forefathers. I wouldn't suggest everything he said as something we would want to do. He was a big-time slave owner of 500+, and used them in manufacturing, he coined the phrase "all FREEmen are equal". He told Washington one time that he calculated every time a slave baby was born, he gained 4% profit over its lifetime.

He was also the strongest voice of almost no federal Government and wanted a true republic of states with very little federal government and he fought hard not to have a constitution at all as he saw that as a way America could look more like England again.

Just think what a living document would be like, would we still have slaves today? More importantly is it a living document today, or is that just your wish, and that is the main point of it isn't.

What is counterculture and what do you use to replace the current culture? Who makes that decision? It seems you are more of an anarchist who doesn't like to play well with others, so you want to start the game over, but be careful of what that looks like....

edit on x30Mon, 24 Jun 2024 16:17:41 -05002024175America/ChicagoMon, 24 Jun 2024 16:17:41 -05002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Xtrozero

LOL Tell it to the high school science teachers and the college professors who have to deal with the authoritarian challenges and questions that these mandated religious posters will surely invoke, that they will have to deal with instead of their curriculum.

Tell it to the ultra-religious who now have some of their most sacred beliefs edited, marginalized and mocked and the very definition of "GOD" casually switched to whatever empirical love affair is convenient and trending at the moment.

Jews and Muslims won't suddenly start accepting that the Christian Jesus is the same God that wrote those commandments in stone. So, the obvious gratuitous gesture won't unite Christian, Jews and Muslims under some government blessed public-school umbrella.

Why is everything extreme in your view... Wait, who am I talking to, but MS Extreme 2024... So once again where in science are 1000 pronouns, where in science can you wish to be anything you like and I must agree, where in science does it say you should wack off a little boy's pee pee and call him a girl now? How about...if you don't get the vac you will kill people, mask prevents you from passing or getting the virus... Seems science just pulls crap out of their butts too and calls them facts.

I think someone with some religious ideals is the least of our science problems. I think the vast majority of religious people believe in science too, and not the earth is flat or 6000 years old crap.

edit on x30Mon, 24 Jun 2024 16:28:40 -05002024175America/ChicagoMon, 24 Jun 2024 16:28:40 -05002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

So once again where in science are 1000 pronouns, where in science can you wish to be anything you like and I must agree, where in science does it say you should wack off a little boy's pee pee and call him a girl now? How about...if you don't get the vac you will kill people, mask prevents you from passing or getting the virus... Seems science just pulls crap out of their butts too and calls them facts.

Why do you always have to go crazy defensive and go on extremely off topic rants whenever the topic of separation of church and state comes up? LOL

I think someone with some religious ideals is the least of our science problems.

Oh! Now you're offering an opinion on our science problems! LOL

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Why do you always have to go crazy defensive and go on extremely off topic rants whenever the topic of separation of church and state comes up? LOL

I find it rather funny after the last few years that a liberal can talk about how un-science religion is and all those poor science teachers will suffer.

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I find it rather funny after the last few years that a liberal can talk about how un-science religion is and all those poor science teachers will suffer.

What

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 05:33 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

That’s fair.

There’s a lot of different types of people, and some probably don’t test well but have a keen sense of business and sensibilities that get them far in life.

But I think being in the bottom 20 would percentile of the country for education is indicative of more than some nuance. I think it shows where a states priorities are.

Education shouldn’t be political, and for many it isn’t. Utah and Florida have similar political stances to Louisiana yet they’re both in the top 10.

Typically as someone who leans libertarian I stray away from big spending measures. Education is one of the rare things in government that isn’t spending, it’s an investment. I think the quality of education in one’s state has a direct correlation and velocity to how it does in 20 years as a whole.

The educators are more focused now than ever on their own brand of (lack of ) social and cultural mores ( not based on science ) based entirely on secular humanism which is to say moral relativism. We have seen now the past decades since the 60’s what is the result of lack of real moral values and less focus on true science, math and language skills.
And Common Core has been a bust since the focus there is on outrageously liberal sexual mores designed by the most radical organization, high stakes testing giving Pearson lots of money, and math that our current engineers cannot even figure out. There’s plenty of evidence to back me up on it. Not to mention faulty climate change bs based on radical ideas and the religion of GAIA.
Read Rosa Koire “ Behind the Green Mask.”
edit on 24-6-2024 by EyeoftheHurricane because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I'm shocked the leftists refuse to engage when faced with inconvenient facts.

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 06:03 PM
link   

What

If the ten commandments are put in schools Sookie said the science teacher will suffer the consequences of people running around with zero science, total Mayham kind of stuff...lol

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

What

If the ten commandments are put in schools Sookie said the science teacher will suffer the consequences of people running around with zero science, total Mayham kind of stuff...lol

Still makes no sense.

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

I find it funny when leftists get so precious about the Constitution all of a sudden when it suits.

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

I find it funny when leftists get so precious about the Constitution all of a sudden when it suits.

Eh, left and right are both on the authoritarian side when it suits.

They both point to the constitution when the other side steps on snake.

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Eh, left and right are both on the authoritarian side when it suits.

They both point to the constitution when the other side steps on snake.

LOL leftists can NEVER take responsibility when they do wrong. "But the right did it too, so it doesn't count".. This is from you directly. This is all anyone ever hears or sees from the left on a daily basis while they ignore the constitution on a minute by minute basis, and then wait until called out for it, and you yell another one "But they did it too so it doesn't count".
The perfect way to just keep on doing it without any possibility of accountability, since everyone did it! Perfect excuse.

edit on 24-6-2024 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: edit

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I’m not on the left.

I call them both out.

They both voted on the patriot act and a whole host of privacy and spying bills.

This thread is about what the red state of Louisiana did. So how does your comment have me doing whataboutisms?

I think maybe you accidentally did what you’re accusing me of.

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

You might not be, I'll take your word for that, but you did employ one of the left's favorite methods of shirking responsibility or accountability when they do a wrong. Just point a finger at the other guy and say "They did it too". (Perhaps you were simply pointing this all out and I jumped the gun replying.

You are correct though they are both doing things, but the most flagrant and deadly dangerous violations of the constitution comes almost strictly from the left.

I remember when I was 5 years old and saw this same thing being used to try and get out of the spotlight of trouble.

eta: Both do this now, but the left spawned it, and employs it today as a double standard. When it comes to crafty lies and devil like deceit, the left has a monopoly on that market today.
edit on 24-6-2024 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: edit

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 08:00 PM
link   

but you did employ one of the left's favorite methods of shirking responsibility or accountability when they do a wrong. Just point a finger at the other guy and say "They did it too".

That’s the favorite method of anyone using logical fallacy to justify their dogma.

The whole rebuttal to this thread is *paraphrased* “this isn’t worse than the left interjecting gay and gender ideology into schools”.

But alas, we shouldn’t be using kids as a political football.

They both can be, and are wrong.

The difference is I’m not justifying one over the other, so I fail to see how I’m employing “the lefts favorite tactic”, because they do it to justify their parties extremism.

The Louisiana governor has said he dares someone to sour him, because he wants to see this go to the Supreme Court.

This isn’t about benevolent governance, it’s tit for tat “winning”.

Why aren’t they interested in getting their state out of the bottom 20 percentile of education in the country?

And before you say it, the left is no better. They’d rather strip kids of critical thinking and thought while their cities go to hell because they’re too spineless to uphold law.

Some people just can’t understand there are more than two choices. They think if you criticize one you must favor the other. I have more than two choices in almost everything in life, I can certainly have more than two options when it comes to politics.
edit on 24-6-2024 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I am technically libertarian right (purple on that compass chart) and the thing dragging me down below the line of authoritarian are my "woke"positions. (Secular humanism, LGBT, etc.. ) Not technically 'left', but I feel I'm enough to engage the inconvenient facts.

So throw it at me, it's my OP, what are they?
edit on 24-6-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33

I am technically libertarian right (purple on that compass chart) and the thing dragging me down below the line of authoritarian are my "woke"positions. (Secular humanism, LGBT, etc.. ) Not technically 'left', but I feel I'm enough to engage the inconvenient facts.

So throw it at me, it's my OP, what are they?

How dare you not be a stereotype

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 09:39 PM
link   

a reply to: Lumenari

Please note that the First Amendment was limiting the power of the Congress... the Federal government.

They were not limiting the power of the State at all.

You seem to be unaware of the difference between the Federal government and State's rights under the 10th Amendment.

10th Amendment states' rights don't supersede the rights enumerated in the 1st Amendment. If that were true, then any state's governor could arrest his political rivals for criticizing the government.

So you appear to be... what is the term... "politically retarded?" the 10th Amendment doesn't supersede the 1st... it re-enforces the 1st.

Did you talk to your cats about this before posting it?

I don't think you did.

Your cats would have understood it.

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 09:39 PM
link   

since everyone did it!

As a child, I tried to use this as an excuse for doing something I was told not to do and my father would say, " If everybody jumped off the river bridge would you?".......he was teaching me to think for myself and not to folly with fools.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join