It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Flood explains Oil Deposits and Geological layers

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
Your responses are consistently underwhelming

Just like your theories.

I personally like how in some thread months ago you tried to claim your POV wasn't from a religious perspective, yet here we are.

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

What? Yeah that's exactly what i believe, and is consensus among geologists. It's a tree permeating through geological layers. Why do you deny science?

I'm denying science? Are you delusional? The science shows it to be true, the pesudo-science by religious scholars attempting to prove the Earth is 4000+ years old is incorrect. Please post the actual proof it's correct?
When the majority of scientist say the opposite?

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 10:45 AM
link   

If you claimed to know Joe Biden but kept spelling his name wrong I would assume you don't know him at all lol.

Throwing a tantrum because of a double MM instead of a single M is very petty, and shows how weak your argument must make you feel?

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

I'm denying science? Are you delusional? The science shows it to be true, the pesudo-science by religious scholars attempting to prove the Earth is 4000+ years old is incorrect. Please post the actual proof it's correct?
When the majority of scientist say the opposite?

I was referring specifically to the presence of polystrate fossils permeating through multiple geological layers. They're all over the earth and undeniable, yet you say they're pseudoscience.

In your opinion, but it is before Noah and the ark myth. It's that simple.

What evidence suggests it is dated to 2900BC?
edit on 21-12-2023 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
I personally like how in some thread months ago you tried to claim your POV wasn't from a religious perspective, yet here we are.

Cool story. I can't remember anything worth noting that you've said.
edit on 21-12-2023 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 10:54 AM
link   

If it is mere diffusion of myth then why do the Incans have a comparative global flood story too?

The Inca's worldview point would have been very localised and regionalised.
I don't think they had much knowledge of the wider world outside their sphere of influence.

I don't think anyone discounts the notion that there have been many localised floods throughout human history that will have had devastating effects on the respective civilisations and cultures.
And I personally think there are remarkable similarities in myths and legends from across the globe and throughout time.

But the story of Noah's flood as described in The Bible can not be taken literally or seriously.
Its a complete crock of the proverbial.

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Throwing a tantrum because of a double MM instead of a single M is very petty, and shows how weak your argument must make you feel?

Lol you call that a tantrum? You're projecting the rage inside your head I guess. I'm fine casually posting the science behind my ideas. While you, apparently seething with anger, post a quick google search pretending its dogmatic fact.

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I was referring specifically to the presence of polystrate fossils permeating through multiple geological layers. They're all over the earth and undeniable, yet you say they're pseudoscience.

Like I said, you post pesudo-science and try to pass it off as real science in attemps at trying to prove myths and fairy tales are real.

www.proof-of-evolution.com...

Most trees that protrude through various strata have certain things in common.

They have a root system in clay. This was once river sediment and was the ground when the trees were growing. Later the trees either were immersed in water by the river and slowly covered with river sediment, or they were rapidly buried in a river flood or mudslide.
The layer above the clay, the hardened river sediment, is usually a coal seam, formed by the plant life that grew there with the trees.
Above that is more hardened sediment, where part of the trunks of trees and a lot of foliage was buried by a river flood.

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

The Inca's worldview point would have been very localised and regionalised.
I don't think they had much knowledge of the wider world outside their sphere of influence.

But the fact that they hold that global flood narrative is worth noting, especially since it wouldnt have been mere copy and pasting of middle eastern accounts

I don't think anyone discounts the notion that there have been many localised floods throughout human history that will have had devastating effects on the respective civilisations and cultures.
And I personally think there are remarkable similarities in myths and legends from across the globe and throughout time.

But the story of Noah's flood as described in The Bible can not be taken literally or seriously.
Its a complete crock of the proverbial.

I think the availability of water underneath the surface to cover the mountaintops, marine fossils on mountaintops, massive boulders in the middle of nowhere, and the consistent presence of a global flood account among various cultures makes this a worthwhile consideration.

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

And I don't think you know what evidence is other than what a magical book tells you.

Those magical books are the voices of your ancestors.. Personally would put their accounts above your interpretation of events. The history you have been taught is a laarp,

The mythology and legends from the world over share a common fingerprint. Everything from shared archetypal gods / star worship / architecture etc. The story is same the world over. Its your view that is anomaly.. Or the view point of present structure that i should say. This is not by accident. Your history is controlled in the same way money / science paradigms / power etc and controlled.

IN trying to calibrate a flood event. YOu need to understand the bible is not chronological. Understand the ages of man kali yuga / zep tepi / great year / eden / golden age / zodiac The season / day of man. The garden of Eden occurs after the flood story..

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer
Dont sound very local to me..

The fact that people survived the China floods, which were described as lasting a few years, tells us that it is NOT the Noahs Ark flood. Because in the Noahs Ark flood, there were only 8 survivors whereas in the CHina stories there were plenty of survivors ... so many that the dynasties continued and there were lots of people to rule over.

Obviously the China story is exaggerated. Floods can't 'reach the sun.

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Lol you call that a tantrum? You're projecting the rage inside your head I guess. I'm fine casually posting the science behind my ideas. While you, apparently seething with anger, post a quick google search pretending its dogmatic fact.

Yes I called it out. You having a tantrum.
I've seen you do the samething to other posters in other threads. An attempt to belittle people replying to you, to make you feel above others. Very Christian of you??
My keyboard is very sensitive and will often strike two letters instead of one. I miss it sometimes. I'm sure God is rubbing your halo like a good pervert..

I'm not posting a quick search. Most of us sane people did this at school. I just prefer posting actual facts with links and quotes for people to read.

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Those magical books are the voices of your ancestors

With all their fears and fallibilities laid bare for all to see in this day of age.

Think i said it already but its all rinse and repeat and about Sun worship as opposed to Son worship.

But again people are free to choose to believe as the wish, after all its called a leap of faith for a reason.

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I don't think anyone discounts the notion that there have been many localised floods throughout human history that will have had devastating effects on the respective civilisations and cultures. And I personally think there are remarkable similarities in myths and legends from across the globe and throughout time. But the story of Noah's flood as described in The Bible can not be taken literally or seriously. Its a complete crock of the proverbial.

Why cant it be taken seriously...?

You think your ancestors the world over are trying to laarp you. Or where they trying to share an event. The flood mythology is common the world over in all the most sacred of stories...

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Meh, I think i'll believe our ancestors rather than your speculation.

That's not speculation, that's exactly what the Chinese story says ... that the dynasties continued and that there were plenty of people to rule over. LOTS of survivors of a flood that lasted a couple of years. The story doesn't match the Noahs Ark story and it proves the story WRONG.

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Those magical books are the voices of your ancestors

I think if you're hearing voices then maybe a different site is better for you?

www.nhs.uk...

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Seriously from the perspective that said book contains some very beautiful parables and tales.

But literally?

For the most part.

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Yeah because Noah had kids and they obviously would migrate throughout the earth remembering the story that their forefathers told them.

So you are saying that instantly after the Noah Flood there were buttloads of people in the middle east, and a crap load of them walked over to the mountains of China, and they instantly took over the Chinese emperors dynasty with no break in it, and they instantly took up the Chinese culture, and they instantly took up the Chinese language, and they instantly AND MAGICALLY changed their DNA so they would all be Chinese instead of Middle Eastern?

Right.

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 11:11 AM
link   

You think your ancestors the world over are trying to laarp you. Or where they trying to share an event. The flood mythology is common the world over in all the most sacred of stories...

It's common the world over because early neolithic settlers lived near water, and thus suffered from regular local flooding, it doesn't take belief in a magical book for that truth.

posted on Dec, 21 2023 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Like I said, you post pesudo-science and try to pass it off as real science in attemps at trying to prove myths and fairy tales are real.

www.proof-of-evolution.com...

Most trees that protrude through various strata have certain things in common.

They have a root system in clay. This was once river sediment and was the ground when the trees were growing. Later the trees either were immersed in water by the river and slowly covered with river sediment, or they were rapidly buried in a river flood or mudslide.
The layer above the clay, the hardened river sediment, is usually a coal seam, formed by the plant life that grew there with the trees.
Above that is more hardened sediment, where part of the trunks of trees and a lot of foliage was buried by a river flood.

Where's the evidence that this is the case? He doesn't provide any empirical research to support these are merely being covered by river sediment.

Regardless, If it was gradual deposition by a river, then the tree would certainly have rotted away before these supposed million year old layers formed.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join