It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Flood explains Oil Deposits and Geological layers

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
It wouldn't just be able to redrain. It wouldn't work that way. It would have to evaporate.

Why not? If it came out of those vents it could also return through them.

That's what you are doing. There is NO RECORDED HISTORY of those three myths.

The Bible refers to the Nephilim, the Greeks refer to the Titans, the Sumerian texts refer to the Annunaki. It is definitely recorded, whether you believe it or not is a different story.

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 10:16 AM
link   

The Noahs Ark flood was supposedly approximately 2345 B.C. The following Links give the basics of each of the Ancient Egyptian Dynasties of that era and their approximate time periods.

Instead of a big wall of text, just show me one example where the Egyptians date it in their own words. I am not talking about archaeological speculation, I want to see the Egyptian's record of when they say these things happened.
edit on 20-12-2023 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
The Bible refers to the Nephilim, the Greeks refer to the Titans, the Sumerian texts refer to the Annunaki. It is definitely recorded, whether you believe it or not is a different story.

Myth, Myth and Myth. Those are NOT all historical documents.
the Bible is MANY books ... some historical, some mythological, some poetry etc.
There is ZERO evidence to suggest they actually happened.

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

What vents? There isn't enough water to cover every mountain as claimed and water doesn't sit in lakes under the crust like you seem to think.
It's part of the rock structure.

Oh wait, God magically wrung out the earth like in a cartoon and all the water magically appeared.
edit on 20-12-2023 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Have you considered our ancestors were right and the mutated microbe that became a human is a fairy tale?

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I still believe there was civilization on Pangea that would explain how everyone knew the same building techniques and told the flood stories , My guess would be it wasn't a flood at all it was a pole shift or reversal that broke pangea apart would also explain the fish fossils the find high up in the mountains . There is evidence of a magnetic reversal in rocks .

I believe this before any Noah's Flood .

edit on 20-12-2023 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 10:27 AM
link   

The Noahs Ark flood was supposedly approximately 2345 B.C. The following Links give the basics of each of the Ancient Egyptian Dynasties of that era and their approximate time periods.

Instead of a big wall of text, just show me one example where the Egyptians date it in their own words. I am not talking about archaeological speculation, I want to see the Egyptian's record of when they say these things happened.

So you claim a book called the bible, full of myths and stories is evidence but when someone actually posts evidence you claim they're posting a wall of text. I have never seen such hypocracy, you post at best, pesudo science and at worse lies.

Theres plenty of evidence showing the history of old Egypt...

academic.oup.com...

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.khanacademy.org...

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

I merely requested that they find one example where the Egyptians give a date, rather than archeologists assigning a date. Like I did with the Sumerians dating their flood account to the same Hebrew date.

Just give me one example from a primary documents or hieroglyph or whatever that would be in the Egyptians own words

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Like I did with the Sumerians dating their flood account to the same Hebrew date.

They didn't, the Summerians were first and the Torah is a copied version, with the bible being a copy of that with the 'old testament'.
The city of Ur excisted during this supposed flood....

en.wikipedia.org...

Prehistory
When Ur was founded, the Persian Gulf's water level was two-and-a-half metres higher than today. Ur is thought, therefore, to have had marshy surroundings; irrigation would have been unnecessary, and the city's evident canals likely were used for transportation. Fish, birds, tubers, and reeds might have supported Ur economically without the need for an agricultural revolution sometimes hypothesized as a prerequisite to urbanization.[8][9]

Prehistoric Ubaid period
Archaeologists have discovered evidence of early occupation at Ur during the Ubaid period (c. 5500–3700 BC),[10] a prehistoric period of Mesopotamia. The name derives from Tell al-'Ubaid where the earliest large excavation of Ubaid period material was conducted initially in 1919 by Henry Hall and later by Leonard Woolley.[11][12]

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 10:58 AM
link   

If the water had been transformed into a liquid state as described by Brucella then it would increase in volume.
For it then to return to where it came from it would have to transform back to its previous state - how did that happen?

There would have been no plant or tree life for a significant length of time both during and after this 'cataclysmic' flood effectively ridding the earth of its lungs.
I would expect there would then be runaway climate change - the earth would have had far too an inhospitable climate to sustain life. Certainly there would not have been time for such a rapid re-introduction of life and the growth of human civilization that has occurred.

As has been pointed out; where did all the food come from to feed all these animals.
And all of these animals continued unaffected by mutations etc from a gene pool of just two animals of each species?

The Noah Flood story just fails on so many levels.

I accept that there are many coincidences and similarities in human myths and legends from civilisations across the planet and time that are striking and deserve further investigation. There are gaps in timelines and many unanswered questions.

With all due respect, it seems to me that you are desperately trying to stretch, manipulate and cherry pick evidence to fit your set-in-stone pre-determined opinion rather than form an opinion from a neutral viewpoint based on the evidence available.

But hey, wtf do I know.....I'm hardly an expert, just my take on things.

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

It's more like "Noah's Lark" than "Noah's Ark" really.

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I merely requested that they find one example where the Egyptians give a date, rather than archeologists assigning a date.

Egyptians did not have a calendar with days of the week, months and years to count time as it went by. Nothing is dated like that. Everything I posted is HISTORICAL RECORD - the buzz words you use and wanted. Artifacts and historical records of ancient Egypt provide the dates. Thriving and growing before, during and after 2400 BC - the alleged time period of the flood. NO BREAK in the Egyptian history. The flood did not happen.

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 11:25 AM
link   
NO Christian should believe in Noahs Ark as a true story. It is an INSULT to God.

God gets mad and wants to wipe out humanity. He easily could have sent a virus to destroy all humans and given Noah and his family immunity. But no ... He instead decides to send a flood that would kill all humans, and all animals, and all plants. A flood that would have been terrifying to the people and the innocent animals. Terrifying and painful. Drowning is a terrible way to die. And God, in His anger, would have subjected the innocent animals to the terror and pain of the death by drowning? What kind of loving father God does that?

And then the fact that the flood was an EPIC FAILURE. The point was that sin was too great in the world and the flood was to stop sin. But immediately after the flood, sin came back. So the pain and destruction of the flood would all have been for nothing. IT DID NOT WORK.

The story is STUPID. It makes God seem like a complete heartless S.O.B. as well as it makes God look not too bright for not seeing that the flood plan to destroy sin would ultimately fail.

Science destroys the flood story.
History destroys the flood story.
Common sense destroys the flood story.
And people's belief in Who God Is, a loving Father, destroys the flood story.

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

You're wrong. There's scientific research supporting evidence for multiple floods. Here's a quote from Smithsonian Magazine:

This quote from the Book of Genesis is part of a familiar tale — the story of Noah's flood. Scholars have known for a long time that the Bible isn't the only place this story is found — in fact, the biblical story is similar to a much older Mesopotamian flood story in the epic of Gilgamesh. Scholars usually attribute things like the worldwide occurrence of flood stories to common human experiences and our love of repeating good stories, but recently scientists have started to uncover evidence that Noah's flood may have a basis in some rather astonishing events that took place around the Black Sea some 7,500 years ago.

www.smithsonianmag.com...

This has been corroborated by multiple studies. What the real circumstances were regarding Noah is not known except that he's mentioned in some ancient texts. But the science is real.

edit on 20-12-2023 by Phantom42338 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phantom42338
You're wrong.

No. Everything I posted is correct. The science and archeology is solid. There was no World Wide Flood in 2400 BC that wiped out all of humanity except 8 people on a boat of animals that floated around the Mediterranean for a year.

There's scientific research supporting evidence for multiple floods.

Multiple LOCAL floods around the world at different times could easily have happened. But those are NOT the one world wide flood of Noahs Ark as told in the Bible. THAT story is completely false.

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Theres more than 3x the amount of water in the mantle as there is on the surface, and that's only the water that has been detected.

Okay, sorry, there's 3x the amount, I used a 2017 source, when it was still "as much" water. But, I'm not doing this again.

Because It's irrelevant really. Unless you know how to turn the 'water' in ringwoodite and olivine back into liquid water.

How do you temporarily extract water from a high pressure polymorph to use in a flood?

Ringwoodite

Olivine

That! That is what water in the deep mantle looks like. There's is 3x more that than there is liquid water in Earth's ocean...

At the high temperatures and pressures found at depth within the Earth the olivine structure is no longer stable. Below depths of about 410 km (250 mi) olivine undergoes an exothermic phase transition to the sorosilicate, wadsleyite and, at about 520 km (320 mi) depth, wadsleyite transforms exothermically into ringwoodite, which has the spinel structure. At a depth of about 660 km (410 mi), ringwoodite decomposes into silicate perovskite ((Mg,Fe)SiO3) and ferropericlase ((Mg,Fe)O) in an endothermic reaction.

Pardon my reductio ad absurdum, but the mantle water, like Europa, was used to show how ridiculously short all USEFUL and AVAILABLE water falls. 28,000 feet.
edit on 20-12-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 12:27 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

Meanwhile.

And however long it takes a dragon to gestate later.

edit on 20-12-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2023 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

Congrats everyone, you're the retarded offspring of 5 monkeys having butt sex with a fish squirrel.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join