It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belgian unions refuse handling arms shipments for Israel-Hamas conflict

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: Leviathan4

"It will now be claimed that the Lebanese media are not credible and reliable as they're controlled by...Hamas!"

No, it's controlled by those that support Hezbollah.

'Tsk....

Proof?

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Here you go:

www.theguardian.com...

"Hezbollah, or the Party of God, is one of the most important Islamist movements in the Middle East. Based in Lebanon, it has a powerful military wing, which is the focus of current concern, but it also runs a political party that wields decisive influence, TV stations and an extensive network of welfare services including clinics and schools. Its sprawling business interests, both licit and illicit, bring in hundreds of millions of dollars."

edit on 22-11-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Here you go:

www.theguardian.com...

"Hezbollah, or the Party of God, is one of the most important Islamist movements in the Middle East. Based in Lebanon, it has a powerful military wing, which is the focus of current concern, but it also runs a political party that wields decisive influence, TV stations and an extensive network of welfare services including clinics and schools. Its sprawling business interests, both licit and illicit, bring in hundreds of millions of dollars."

Thanks for telling us!
You probably didn't understand the sarcastic tone of the other reply....

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

It's again great to see common sense and empathy by a range of workers such as the Belgian workers and their counterparts in Spain.

Don't you think so?

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 12:29 PM
link   

It was sarcasm?

Hard to tell with that one.

Personally, I doubt it was.

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dandandat3
So I don't understand; have the Belgian unions been historically accepting of shipping military hardware and are only now growing a conscience? Or have they only recently been asked to ship military hardware?

Are you trying to say they're antisemites?

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 12:32 PM
link   

It was sarcasm?

Hard to tell with that one.

Personally, I doubt it was.

Well... Not impossible to see this claim by people on your side i.e those who give unequivocal support to Israel. They have come up with every excuse to justify the mass killings of innocent civilians and justify the Israeli Policy in Gaza. The only thing they haven't told us is that Hamas controls everything and everyone and they have even crucified Jesus....
edit on 22-11-2023 by Leviathan4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 12:33 PM
link   

No.

I don't need to feed a confirmation bias by cherry picking.

So, again, what armaments might have been being shipped by Belgium or Spain to Israel?

Isn't it just gesture politics?

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 12:34 PM
link   

More straw man ravings.....

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Here you go:

www.theguardian.com...

You always generalize to push your narrative. Yes, politicians run some news stations but other stations are privately run. It's up to all of us to find independent news which most of us here can't be bothered to research. Follow the funding money to the media station or news agency and figure it out.

Unfortunately those with the most funding have the loudest media exposure/voice.

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 12:46 PM
link   

What's that got to do with what I posted?

So, you weren't being sarcastic after all.

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 12:47 PM
link   

You're confusing who posted what....

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 12:49 PM
link   

No.

I don't need to feed a confirmation bias by cherry picking.

So, again, what armaments might have been being shipped by Belgium or Spain to Israel?

Isn't it just gesture politics?

It's again great to see common sense and empathy by a range of workers such as the Belgian workers and their counterparts in Spain.

Far from being a confirmation bias. Most of the world is against this war.

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Easily done as some seem..... interchangeable?

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Are you all right? You posted Hezbollah was running media sources. I asked for proof. You gave me the guardian's opinion piece on Hezbollah. I clued you in to the reality of privately vs. government funded media in Lebanon. Remember now?

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I see you've gone from attacking anything British to supporting Hamas and it's unprovoked attack on Isreal. Belgian Unions are well within their rights to refuse.
The conflict has gone on long enough but Hamas started this with it's attack in the first place. All the unproven deaths being posted by Hamas is just as much propaganda as anything being posted by bothsides. But there's plenty of videos showing Hamas launching rockets from civilian positions which haven't stopped which are being supplied by countries like Iran.
edit on 22-11-2023 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I'm fine thanks.

Well, you can lead a horse to water.....etc.

Would you like me to post proof about the colour of the sky, too?

Clue, it's not blue here, it's black?

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I'm fine thanks.

Well, you can lead a horse to water.....etc.

Would you like me to post proof about the colour of the sky, too?

Clue, it's not blue here, it's black?

Not sure how you can dismiss those with the most money get the loudest voices on media and news?

Well sometimes you can't even lead a thirsty horse to water.

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 01:09 PM
link   

You were talking about Lebanon, as was I, but as you lost that one I see you have moved the goalposts.

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Not sure how you can dismiss those with the most money get the loudest voices on media and news?

Well sometimes you can't even lead a thirsty horse to water.

Privately own media including web based will always have an owner who politically leans one way or another and governmet owned will always be accused of being control and used for propaganda purposes.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join