It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belgian unions refuse handling arms shipments for Israel-Hamas conflict

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Imhere

originally posted by: Leviathan4

originally posted by: Insurrectile
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

I'm baffled you'd need a source to know that Israel has a front with Hezbollah, so that's how we're playing now?

This is the last line of defense of those who support unequivocally Israel. Start asking evidence that the sky is blue so to interrupt discussions as they don't want to accept they are on the wrong side of history and in support of a country that has committed war crimes and crimes against humanity. At least the Belgian unions and their workers know well what is going on.

Why do you keep going on when you lost all credibility.

You said the majority of Britain doesn’t support Israel? Well look at Britain. They’re with U.S. who supports Israel.

Any other country flattening city blocks on end like this would get pounded back in response.

“human shields or not”

So until you can admit that Britain is supporting Israel in this situation, your whole narrative will continue being weak going forward.

Britain stands with Israel at the end of the day. Period.

Britain isn’t stopping Israel. Nor sanctioning it.

That's a strawman argument argument by the way. And the credibility is an issue for those who support the war. I don't support the war so I am fine. I wonder the same thing, what kind of credibility the warmongers have, or those who support unequivocally Israel that is committing a range of war crimes, the ultra right wing fascistoids and the Evangelical Christians. Speaking of credibility....

I said the majority of the British people don't support the war and are in favour of a ceasefire. Something very different to the strawman argument your made. Just as all people who are sane, like the Belgian workers or the Spanish dockworkers who refused to load or unload military materials and equipment that is heading for Israel.

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Leviathan4

I like their waffles.

And other shippers will find a way to ship stuff.

It's great to see common sense and empathy by a range of workers such as the Belgian workers and their counterparts in Spain.

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: BiothermalReactor

"evidence that the sky is blue" made me snort...go figure"

Snort away

I simply asked for evidence of a posters claim.

Which had nothing to do with the colour of the sky?

As I said earlier, this is the last line of defense of those who support unequivocally Israel.

Start asking evidence that the sky is blue so to interrupt discussions as they don't want to accept they are on the wrong side of history and in support of a country that has committed war crimes and crimes against humanity.

At least the Belgian unions and their workers know well what is going on. Likewise for a number of people around the world.

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

Are these dockworkers being reprimanded in any way? Are the armaments just sitting in containers on the dock? I think it is commendable and I hope more people devise other ways to make sure these arms don't get into the hands of the warmongers.

I don't think so. Unions are quite strong in many countries and what kind of Government will go against this decision. It's a political suicide. It's like giving direct support to the warmongers.

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BiothermalReactor

Are these dockworkers being reprimanded in any way? Are the armaments just sitting in containers on the dock? I think it is commendable and I hope more people devise other ways to make sure these arms don't get into the hands of the warmongers.

As far as I can tell this is just a joint-statement of Belgium shipping unions calling for compliance by their members and government not to work weapons shipping for the Israel conflict. Of course, global shipping has to be infiltrated, and no one is being held to this statement under legal obligations, so the shipments continue.

At least the union leaders get some feel-good time.

Got it! I commend them for taking a stand on the right side of history.

Absolutely!

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 11:39 PM
link   

It's a political suicide. It's like giving direct support to the warmongers.

It is, and it might be part of a grander plan...

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 11:53 PM
link   

There has to be an underlying topic that encourages the tribalism beyond common sense...

I wouldn't be so quick to blame one specific dénomination but it's undoubtedly the case that some are bonded beyond the interaction and exchange of ideas happening on ATS...

It's a fair assessment about the ATS situation at hand. I've long suspected it's something religious.

You don't strike me as a particularly tribal individual, so I'm surprised this triggered you...

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 11:55 PM
link   
So I don't understand; have the Belgian unions been historically accepting of shipping military hardware and are only now growing a conscience? Or have they only recently been asked to ship military hardware?

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Dandandat3

Yeah good question...

I guess it's just become a topic of greater interest and this is a opportunity to virtue signal...

It's one of the better calls to virtue signal, if you ask me...

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

Yeah good question...

I guess it's just become a topic of greater interest and this is a opportunity to virtue signal...

It's one of the better calls to virtue signal, if you ask me...

I guess... if it lasts.

If it ends as quickly as it started after the jews stop defending themselves; then it might be something completely different.
edit on 22-11-2023 by Dandandat3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

There has to be an underlying topic that encourages the tribalism beyond common sense...

I wouldn't be so quick to blame one specific dénomination but it's undoubtedly the case that some are bonded beyond the interaction and exchange of ideas happening on ATS...

It's a fair assessment about the ATS situation at hand. I've long suspected it's something religious.

You don't strike me as a particularly tribal individual, so I'm surprised this triggered you...

There is indeed a religious element when it comes to some of the discussions here on ATS and online. It's usually when the least rational arguments are made.

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Since when does virtue signal last beyond the narrative being pushed?

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 03:05 AM
link   

a reply to: Insurrectile

Let me unbaffle you.

The source I was asking for was about these three journalists you spoke of?

An Israeli bombardment of southern Lebanon has killed three journalists, according to Lebanese media, as hostilities grow along Israel’s northern border.

Lebanon’s state-run National News Agency reported on Tuesday that an “enemy bombing” killed three people in the Tayr Harfa area, about 1.6km (1 mile) from the Israeli frontier.

Israeli strike kills three journalists near Lebanon border

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Let me unbaffle you.

An Israeli bombardment of southern Lebanon has killed three journalists, according to Lebanese media, as hostilities grow along Israel’s northern border.

Lebanon’s state-run National News Agency reported on Tuesday that an “enemy bombing” killed three people in the Tayr Harfa area, about 1.6km (1 mile) from the Israeli frontier.

It will now be claimed that the Lebanese media are not credible and reliable as they're controlled by...Hamas!

On the other hand it has been claimed again and again by those who apologise for the war and destruction in Gaza that the Israeli Government and the IDF are the sources to be trusted.

I m sure the Belgian and Spanish dockworkers had a different view in mind when they refused to load and unload military materials and equipment heading to Israel.

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Let me unbaffle you.

It will now be claimed that the Lebanese media are not credible and reliable as they're controlled by...Hamas!

On the other hand it has been claimed again and again by those who apologise for the war and destruction in Gaza that the Israeli Government and the IDF are the sources to be trusted.

I m sure the Belgian and Spanish dockworkers had a different view in mind when they refused to load and unload military materials and equipment heading to Israel.

Those who claim any other sources but the ones that feed their beliefs/bias are not credible are pushing the pro-Israel propaganda. It truly is sad to watch people being manipulated with disinformation, but some here refuse to look at any other media. People here won't even learn the history between these two governments which explains this whole neverending conflict.

They are on the wrong side of history and those protesters around the world know Hamas and Israel committed war crimes, however Israel's revenge bombing, I believe, has gone beyond revenge and now it has gone into complete destruction of Hamas and the civilians matter not. This is the reason people are against Israel as well as their government officials quoting genocidal verses from their Bible, threatening to drop a nuclear bomb, and wanting a one-state Israeli government with occupation of Palestinians to continue as usual.

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Let me unbaffle you.

Those who claim any other sources but the ones that feed their beliefs/bias are not credible are pushing the pro-Israel propaganda. It truly is sad to watch people being manipulated with disinformation, but some here refuse to look at any other media. People here won't even learn the history between these two governments which explains this whole neverending conflict.

They are on the wrong side of history and those protesters around the world know Hamas and Israel committed war crimes, however Israel's revenge bombing, I believe, has gone beyond revenge and now it has gone into complete destruction of Hamas and the civilians matter not. This is the reason people are against Israel as well as their government officials quoting genocidal verses from their Bible, threatening to drop a nuclear bomb, and wanting a one-state Israeli government with occupation of Palestinians to continue as usual.

Indeed! It's truly sad and shows the desperate attempts made to push some debunked propaganda that not even themselves believe in.
The goal isn't to get Hamas but to kill as many Palestinians as possible and to destroy Gaza. Everyone understands what is going on that's why there is many workers and professionals who disagree with Israeli Policy and refuse to perform their duties.

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 10:23 AM
link   

From your source:

"Israel blacklisted Al Mayadeen TV last week, accusing it of “wartime efforts to harm [Israel’s] security interests and to serve the enemy’s goals”.

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Actually is difficult to find news just like the price of news I have linked in this thread. Most MSM avoid to cover them or cover them extensively. The propaganda needs to keep going but I don't think people buy the version of reality the Western media try to push.

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 12:11 PM
link   

a reply to: quintessentone

Actually is difficult to find news just like the price of news I have linked in this thread. Most MSM avoid to cover them or cover them extensively. The propaganda needs to keep going but I don't think people buy the version of reality the Western media try to push.

The news is out there and you are right MSM is either one side or the other as independent reporting is not funded very well. Also any independent reporting in Gaza and the West Bank is a suicide mission.

Here is another protest to try to stop U.S. arms shipments to Israel by ship.

The protests in Oakland and Tacoma were coordinated under the banner of #BlockTheBoat, and spearheaded by The Arab Resource and Organizing Center, a San Francisco-based non-profit that characterizes the Israeli government as an apartheid state. The protest activity at those ports coincides with the grim news that, according to the Hamas-run Palestinian health ministry, the Palestinian death toll has surpassed 10,000 due to heavy bombardment from the Israeli government since Oct 7, when Hamas militants crossed the border into Israel, killed 1,400 people, and took 240 hostages.

www.vice.com...
edit on q000000121130America/Chicago1313America/Chicago11 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 12:16 PM
link   

"It will now be claimed that the Lebanese media are not credible and reliable as they're controlled by...Hamas!"

No, it's controlled by those that support Hezbollah.

'Tsk....

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join