It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belgian unions refuse handling arms shipments for Israel-Hamas conflict

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Leviathan4

We get lessons in civilization, law, and morality....

we get a lesson on who isn't apt to convey such lessons.

Radicals fail over and over in those areas, and yet people fall for radicals over and over.

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
a reply to: quintessentone

That's a possible deduction from what I said. It might be due to my statement being mainly based on the culture I have most interaction with, but i don't fail that realization at all.
I just have barely any Muslim friends and they don't really influence our culture, therefore can't really say anything about their clowning...

But yes i agree with you faith is in itself a circular logic...

My point was that circular faith is also ingrained in the Israeli government leaders' agenda to wipe Palestine off the face of the Earth as Netanyahu stated:

NETANYAHU: (Through interpreter) You must remember what Amalek has done to you, says our Holy Bible.

FADEL: Speaking Hebrew, he's comparing Hamas to the nation of Amalek in a passage from the Book of Samuel. That passage says to smite the Amalekites after the nation launched a vicious surprise attack on the Jewish people. Motti Inbari is a professor of religion at the University of North Carolina, Pembroke.

MOTTI INBARI: The biblical commandment is to completely destroy all of Amalek. And when I'm talking about completely destroy, we're talking about killing each and every one of them - including babies, including their property, including the animals - everything.

www.npr.org...

Faith can never be taken out of this conflict.

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Faith can never be taken out of this conflict.

I agree, but those same faiths have many many teachings of treating others as one would want to be treated, don't they?

Couldn't such scriptural teachings bridge that gap to a roadmap of sacrifice towards peace?

Let's be honest, there will need to be a huge supply of emotional adjustment and sacrifice for all Earthlings, which is what those scriptures preach anyway, no? At least, most sensible people will pick and choose those teachings which instruct on a happy peaceful life.

I don't believe it goes against anyone's religion to cherry-pick from scriptures, as long as no innocent people get hurt or killed.

Either way, the other such people who would otherwise use religion as justification for violence against innocent people are committing immaculate maculation, what ever religion it is they are using.

Some might say I am a parrot for referring to Palestinians in Gaza as innocent civilians, or that I am two people at the same time, since someone else might also be saying the same thing elsewhere.

All people of the world are going to need to choose sacrifice and compassion in order for this to proceed towards peace.

What exactly that entails is impossible to consider from every angle at the moment, and the peace process is dynamic and full of unpleasant surprises, such as ceasefire-breaking, that sacrifice, compassion, condemnation and investigation and acknowledgment of the resulting truth are likely requirements in order to come to terms with the hidden(but not really) agenda to inflict violence upon innocent people anywhere on planet Earth so the peace process can even begin without the successful sabotage we are witnessing currently.
edit on 21-11-2023 by BiothermalReactor because: "of" to "as"

edit on 21-11-2023 by BiothermalReactor because: various spiffification attempts

edit on 21-11-2023 by BiothermalReactor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Funny... how did you deduce i was only adressing one side?

Apparently it's easy to make a statement that is understood from both contexts, especially in this conflict. what I find fascinating is that bias tends to make some see its applicability to only one side....

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Apparently it's easy to make a statement that is understood from both contexts, especially in this conflict. what I find fascinating is that bias tends to make some see its applicability to only one side....

Not speaking directly for another poster, but...

The onslaught of ad hominem allowed on ATS is understandably confounding while trying to read legitimate posts that do not include disclaimers of personal nonbias.

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: BiothermalReactor

I consider both sides in this conflict to be extremist in all things, including their interpretation of their Bibles' ministry of faith to perhaps fit their justification for whatever their agenda is at the time. So, if it's an eye for an eye they will cherry pick passages to justify...if it's neighbourly love then cherry pick for that sentiment, but don't hold your breath for that.

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Ungrateful savages the lot of us!

We can't handle the truth.

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: BiothermalReactor

I get that.

Sorry for the non disclaimer, but it was sort of on purpose...

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Did I misread that you have no knowledge of Muslim culture?

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19Bones79

Ungrateful savages the lot of us!

We can't handle the truth.

Together with the Belgian workers...
Nobody can handle the truth apart from the warmongers and some Evangelical Christians and extreme right wing fascistoids...

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 12:05 PM
link   

"Nobody can handle the truth apart from the warmongers and some Evangelical Christians and extreme right wing fascistoids..."

More repetitive copying and pasting?

And more labeling and intolerance of others who do not share your highly opinionated views.

This does not contribute to any reasoned debate.

Anyone can cherry pick sources to prop up confirmation of their particular bias.

Can you tell me which weapons might have been shipped to Israel by Belgian dockworkers?

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I didn't grow up in a muslim country. I never lived in one either. I'm not familiar with the culture... I was in Egypt as a kid for like 2 weeks.

everything I would claim to know would be reiterated 3rd hand knowledge.

I don't know, did you misread that I have no knowledge of Muslim culture?

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

This does not contribute to any reasoned debate.

Three more journalists have been killed in the Lebanon today. At which point will you reconsider your position in order to enable an actually reasoned debate, that does not have to ignore basic human rights from the get-go in order to not hurt the emotional sensibilities of everyone involved?

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Insurrectile

What do you think my "position" might be?

The Lebanon?

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

"But the majority of sane and rational people are against the war and the atrocities in this latest conflict with the possible exception of warmongers, hard line supporters of Israel, ultra right wing fascistoids, and some of the Evangelical Christians here in the US."

More copy and paste?!!!!

I suspect that it is a contingent among Evangelical Christians, not only in the US but worldwide, that are hardliners supporters of this conflict.

Because they truly hope, and believe, that this war willing bring about the Apocalypse they believe they have been promised.....

The "Reset" that will leave them the sole and undisputed masters of (Heaven on) Earth.

Isreal, and, in fact, all the rest of us "non-believers" are but cannon fodder paving the path to their "Glory".

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

What do you think my "position" might be?

The Lebanon?

Where is Lebanon, what is Hezbollah? Why will Israel target journalists in the Lebanon?

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Post a source and I might be able to answer you?

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 01:13 PM
link   

No. You still wont, OldCarp.

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Well, as I have no idea what you are referring to, how might I be able to?

Does help if you post a source, for a change?

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I'm baffled you'd need a source to know that Israel has a front with Hezbollah, so that's how we're playing now?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join