It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belgian unions refuse handling arms shipments for Israel-Hamas conflict

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2023 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BrucellaOrchitis

I do thank you for answering my question.

It makes a refreshing change.

posted on Nov, 25 2023 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Did you see this Lev, Biden is lifting restrictions on existing weapons stockpiles that exist in Israel. I guess the blocking and/or taking of weapons and other resources headed to Israel by unions and other countries looking for a ceasefire made a big dent.

THE WHITE HOUSE has requested the removal of restrictions on all categories of weapons and ammunition Israel is allowed to access from U.S. weapons stockpiles stored in Israel itself.

The move to lift restrictions was included in the White House’s supplemental budget request, sent to the Senate on October 20. “This request would,” the proposed budget says, “allow for the transfer of all categories of defense articles.”

The request pertains to little-known weapons stockpiles in Israel that the Pentagon established for use in regional conflicts, but which Israel has been permitted to access in limited circumstances — the very limits President Joe Biden is seeking to remove.

The changes would come in an arms-trade relationship that is already shrouded in secrecy, as The Intercept recently reported. Whereas the administration has provided pages of detailed lists of weapons provided to Ukraine, for instance, its disclosure about arms provided to Israel could fit in a single, short sentence. Last week, Bloomberg obtained a leaked list of weapons provided to Israel, revealing that they include thousands of Hellfire missiles — the same kind being used extensively by Israel in Gaza.

theintercept.com...

The stockpiled weapons are described as obsolete and mostly thousands of Hellfire missiles.

This will not end well for the world.
edit on q000000241130America/Chicago4949America/Chicago11 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2023 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Seeing as how the request was sent to the Senate on October 20th (before the Unions announcements) I very much doubt it had anything to do with that.

According to your own source.

posted on Nov, 26 2023 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Seeing as how the request was sent to the Senate on October 20th (before the Unions announcements) I very much doubt it had anything to do with that.

These unions have done this before so it may be that they expected this exact same refusal to handle US arms, this time to Israel.

posted on Nov, 26 2023 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Weak sauce.

posted on Nov, 26 2023 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Weak sauce.

Logic.

But here's a call from Palestinian trade unions for the international community to block US arms to Israel and that was on Oct. 16th.

merip.org...
edit on q000000371130America/Chicago4343America/Chicago11 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2023 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Desperation.

Unless Biden has a time machine.

posted on Nov, 26 2023 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Desperation.

Unless Biden has a time machine.

See post above.

posted on Nov, 26 2023 @ 09:51 AM
link   

"I guess the blocking and/or taking of weapons and other resources headed to Israel by unions and other countries looking for a ceasefire made a big dent."

Nothing to do with it.

Using logic.

posted on Nov, 26 2023 @ 09:53 AM
link   

"I guess the blocking and/or taking of weapons and other resources headed to Israel by unions and other countries looking for a ceasefire made a big dent."

Nothing to do with it.

Using logic.

I just proved it, in all liklihood, was but hey you use your logic and I'll use facts.

posted on Nov, 26 2023 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

merip.org...

Thanks for posting that.

The United States, in addition to dispatching two aircraft carriers laden with F-18 fighter jets to the region has instructed US defense companies to expedite munitions to Israel, causing an immediate $30 billion surge in US defense stocks.

That's a nice little dividend boost just in time for Christmas.

posted on Nov, 28 2023 @ 09:34 AM
link   

The reason the Belgian unions and their workers have taken this decision is because they don't want innocent people to be killed in this war. It's a form of solidarity and the message is clear.

posted on Nov, 28 2023 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Since you posters with multiple screen names want to keep bumping this ridiculous thread, I’ll add to the fun.
Here’s another funny article…

Unions worldwide obstruct arms supplies to Israel
Here’s the first couple of sentences…

By Marc Vandepitte
The author is a Belgian Marxist who writes for rebelion.org and investigaction.net.
When Israel unleashed its ruthless war of revenge against the people of Gaza, Palestinian trade unions appealed to their colleagues worldwide for a boycott of arms deliveries to Israel:

www.workers.org...

Protip: If the Marxists are on board in anyway, you know it’s degenerate. LoL

posted on Nov, 28 2023 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion
Since you posters with multiple screen names want to keep bumping this ridiculous thread, ...

Yeah ... the 'banned and back' is thick and heavy too.

The OP started this thread as some sort of anti-Israel trumpet blast ... of course.
But what it really is ... Marxist union higher ups making underlings not do their job due to personal bias.

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Since you posters with multiple screen names want to keep bumping this ridiculous thread, I’ll add to the fun.
Here’s another funny article…

Unions worldwide obstruct arms supplies to Israel
Here’s the first couple of sentences…

By Marc Vandepitte
The author is a Belgian Marxist who writes for rebelion.org and investigaction.net.
When Israel unleashed its ruthless war of revenge against the people of Gaza, Palestinian trade unions appealed to their colleagues worldwide for a boycott of arms deliveries to Israel:

www.workers.org...

Protip: If the Marxists are on board in anyway, you know it’s degenerate. LoL

If you think that it's ridiculous that all around the world the people know what is happening in Gaza and the crimes committed against the Palestinian people then stop for a moment and take a look at what the South African Government has asked (not the only Government in the world that has done the same).

www.africanews.com...

The South African government on Monday called on the International Criminal Court to issue an arrest warrant for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu by mid-December.

Minister in the Presidency Khumbudzo Ntshavheni said it would signal a "total failure" of global governance if the ICC does not do so.

"The world cannot simply stand by and watch. The global community needs to rise to stop this genocide now," said Ntshavheni.

It says something about genocide at the end of the text. I think the South Africans know very well the meanings of the words genocide, racism, Apartheid, and everything related to them.

The Belgian Unions and their workers show clearly their solidarity with the people of Gaza and have refused to perform their duties by handling arms shipments that are heading from Belgium to Israel to slaughter innocent civilians. It's that simple.
edit on 29-11-2023 by CP134 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Since you posters with multiple screen names want to keep bumping this ridiculous thread, ...

Yeah ... the 'banned and back' is thick and heavy too.

The OP started this thread as some sort of anti-Israel trumpet blast ... of course.
But what it really is ... Marxist union higher ups making underlings not do their job due to personal bias.

I find it bizarre that you think the thread is 'anti-Israel' whatever this means. It shows beyond any doubt that the Belgian Unions and their workers show clearly their solidarity with the people of Gaza and have refused to perform their duties by handling arms shipments that are heading from Belgium to Israel to slaughter innocent civilians.

Nothing to do with Marxism as you wrongly stated and trying to argue. The whole world has taken notice of the slaughtering of innocent civilians in Gaza.
edit on 29-11-2023 by CP134 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Nothing to do with it.

Using logic.

That's an act of solidarity with the people of Palestine who are getting slaughtered with the continuous bombings. And they should be proud for refusing to handle arms shipments that are heading towards Israel.

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

These unions have done this before so it may be that they expected this exact same refusal to handle US arms, this time to Israel.

Indeed!!

It's not the first time.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join