It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mall Of America: Remove Your "Jesus Saves" Shirt Or Leave The Mall

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

It is pretty unambiguously clear. Jesus is the only spiritual path to God. So to say that he told us to co-exist equally with all other spiritual paths would be wrong. And that is the spiritual message.

Yes, we love our neighbors as ourselves, but part of loving yourself is knowing what is right and what is wrong and holding yourself accountable to that, nor being all permissive. Good grief! Surely you have run into the train wreck of all permissive parenting?

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

a reply to: Annee

He's not slurring other religions, he's just saying that his is the only way.

Nice try.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Hmm....An American Citizens Expression of Religious Freedom according to the Bill of Rights . I say Challenge it in Court . Imagine if it was a T Shirt with Muhammad the Prophet on it .....................

edit on 16-1-2023 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Nice try.

Interpretation

Yours vs mine

I see it as publicly slurring other beliefs.

If it was a Muslim with a cross on the back with an O/ (O with a slash) -- there would be complaints.

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Good deeds is the path to God as it is written and as per Jesus' teachings, yes, teachings are through him. Anyway, that's how I interpret it. Co-existence.

link   

originally posted by: RonnieJersey
a reply to: matafuchs

So is it called 'selective censorship'?

I think it is called programming and conditioning. It has started, but like most infestations, they start out mild. By the time you realize you have a problem the damage is done and it is too late.

"Newspeak occurs whenever the main purpose of language--which is to describe reality--is replaced by the rival purpose of asserting power over it. . . . Newspeak sentences sound like assertions, but their underlying logic is the logic of the spell. They show the triumph of words over things, the futility of rational argument and also the danger of resistance." (Roger Scruton, A Political Philosophy. Continuum, 2006)

Orwell on Newspeak - "The purpose of Newspeak was not only to provide a medium of expression for the world-view and mental habits proper to the devotees of IngSoc but to make all other modes of thought impossible. It was intended that when Newspeak had been adopted once and for all and Oldspeak forgotten, a heretical thought--that is, a thought diverging from the principles of IngSoc--should be literally unthinkable, at least so far as thought is dependent on words." (George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four. Secker & Warburg, 1949)

"'You haven't a real appreciation of Newspeak, Winston,' [Syme] said almost sadly. 'Even when you write it you're still thinking in Oldspeak. . . .In your heart, you'd prefer to stick to Oldspeak, with all its vagueness and its useless shades of meaning. You don't grasp the beauty of the destruction of words. Do you know that Newspeak is the only language in the world whose vocabulary gets smaller every year?' . . . "'Don't you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end, we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it. Every concept that can ever be needed, will be expressed by exactly one word, with its meaning rigidly defined and all its subsidiary meanings rubbed out and forgotten." (George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four. Secker & Warburg, 1949)

"The face of Big Brother swam into his mind . . .. Like a leaden knell the words came back at him:
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH."
(George Orwell, Nineteen Eighty-Four. Secker & Warburg, 1949)

www.thoughtco.com...
edit on 16-1-2023 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Nice try.

Interpretation

Yours vs mine

If it was a Muslim with a cross on the back with an O/ (O with a slash) -- there would be complaints.

lol

But Muslims don't believe Christianity is the way to Heaven.

Christians don't believe that Islam is the way to Heaven.

Now you're telling people what they can believe.

How utterly authoritarian.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

Good deeds is the path to God as it is written and as per Jesus' teachings, yes, teachings are through him. Anyway, that's how I interpret it. Co-existence.

*shrugs*

Start a church then Brah.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The back of his shirt insinuates an intolerance for non-chististians… which by definition is a slur.

edit on 16-1-2023 by Subaeruginosa because: Grammar

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Wonder how many BLM protestors they have kicked out? If the shirt said F Jesus I could understand but c'mon....in this day and age THIS is what gets the boot?

Exactly!

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: RonnieJersey

originally posted by: matafuchs

Wonder how many BLM protestors they have kicked out? If the shirt said F Jesus I could understand but c'mon....in this day and age THIS is what gets the boot?

Exactly!

When did this become about race?

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: DBCowboy

The back of his shirt insinuates an intolerance for non-chististians… which by definition is a slur.

No.

It just means he thinks Christianity is the only way to Heaven.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Nice try.

Interpretation

Yours vs mine

I grew up in ranch country, god , country, family in that order.

A mosque went up a few miles from my dad, he never mentioned it to me when I asked why he said and I quote "why should I care who they pray to", thats the way people in that area think.

Are there racists sure, that will never go away majority of people though DONT CARE how you worship, or what skin color you are.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Jesus never taught that.

You have every right to believe that and I would defend that right.

But that isn’t Jesus’ teaching.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Nice try.

Interpretation

Yours vs mine

lol

But Muslims don't believe Christianity is the way to Heaven.

Christians don't believe that Islam is the way to Heaven.

Now you're telling people what they can believe.

How utterly authoritarian.

That's what Atheists Do..................

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 03:40 PM
link   

*shrugs*

Start a church then Brah.

From the Christian Bible:

The Bible is very definite that skeptics are collecting up vengeance against themselves and that God will “give to each person according to what he has done” (Romans 2:5-6). At the final judgment, the destiny of the wicked and nonbelievers will be in the control of the almighty God who will assess everyone according to their soul’s status.

Soul's status - did everyone do a thorough check of their soul's status lately?

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 03:40 PM
link   

We are talking about 1st Amendment rights. They are both applicable. It is called comparison not "pass the trash". You should try it sometime.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOfStuff

Jesus never taught that.

You have every right to believe that and I would defend that right.

But that isn’t Jesus’ teaching.

I said Jesus' teachings were of love, tolerance and co-existence, and God will assess everyone's soul on the final judgement day, as it is written. I interpret Jesus Saves, the only way is through Jesus, is through his and God's teachings - this is MY INTERPETATION, if it differs from yours then keep yours and I'll keep mine. Bottom line is being a good person and doing good deeds in one's lifetime is the true message.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo
Hmpf..

Whoa does Jesus have a noose?

That's problematic.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

originally posted by: Kenzo
Hmpf..

Whoa does Jesus have a noose?