It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mall Of America: Remove Your "Jesus Saves" Shirt Or Leave The Mall

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Would you have ever thought to see this in America? 30 or 40 years ago this would have been unheard of. Maybe even 10 years ago, I don't think we would have seen something like this happen.

Jesus Saves is offending them, as though the words and message drive them crazy!

I assume this is just a reminder of what is coming.

www.theblaze.com/news/video-jesus-saves-shirt-is-offending-mall-of-america-shoppers-security-guard-says-and-he-orders-man-to-remove-shirt-or-get-out-o f-the-mall

“Jesus is associated with religion, and it’s offending people,” a security guard tells the man in one clip, adding that "people have been offended.”

The guard then tells the man to remove his shirt or leave the mall. The guard adds, “Again ... I’m giving you a couple options: take the shirt off, and you can go to Macy’s, and you can do your shopping — or you can leave the mall, OK? Those are your only options right now."

A second cut in the same clip shows the guard getting angry as he sharply tells the man, "If you want to shop here, you need to take that shirt off!"
The man asks what's wrong with the shirt, and the guard replies — with his voice still raised — that "it is religious soliciting; there is no soliciting allowed on mall property, which is private property!"

The guard adds, "We've had guests come up saying that they've been offended by your shirt ... take the shirt off, and you can go shopping!"

Source
edit on 1/16/2023 by Blaine91555 because: edited in functional source link and placed the entire quote inside mandatory tags

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 09:35 AM
link   
'What goes around comes around', so all these people cheering on the cancelling of peaceful freedom of expression will one day find themselves cancelled.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Oh for the love of god.

You dont have the right to not be offended.

I cant stand religion either but this is just stupid. And anyone offended by that shirt is a retard and I hope I offended their dumb a.....

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Its funny how these people are the same ones that say the most offensive s### to people

But think they have some right to not be offended.

That security guard need his ass kicked

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Canceling others point of view is hardly anything new...

The witches agree with your assessment

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I wonder what he would say to a Priest walking through looking for a magic 8 ball or some fresher smelling oil..Or a Woman in a hijab.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Again I hate religion and would normally never wear that shirt

But if ever go to that mall I guarantee I will be wearing a JESUS saves shirt

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Let's go Brandon on the front, Jesus saves on the back.

I'm gonna sell 5,000 of em

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 10:08 AM
link   
So there is no free speech or freedom of religion anymore in America.

I wonder if there any mall security guards that might wear a turban…or maybe a vendor. Did they ban head coverings? A sign of religion, did they ban kippahs? Are people aloud to be offended by other religions or just Christianity?

No they banned a simple t shirt that simply has one Christian slogan on it.
Of all the t shirts in the freaking mall of America I am sure a guy could dig up a few crude one liners. None of them should be banned.

a reply to: infolurker

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
So there is no free speech or freedom of religion anymore in America.

It has nothing to do with "freedom of speech or religion". A Mall is private property. Anyone can be asked to leave at any time over anything.

I do have one question. Is this the official policy of the Company that owns the Mall of America or is it an employee pushing their views while claiming to have the authority of the Company? There's a big difference. 90% of the time, things like this are an employee pushing their views, while people blame it on the Company.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I wonder what would have happened if that guy had of worn a shirt that said....

"Jews will not replace us"

btw....Jesus was a Jew.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Ok so freedom Americans enjoy are superficial at best. China owns lots of American property so I can only assume that ccp policy must be the law of the land on those properties.

Your American freedoms can be purchased is all I got from your reply.

In my honest opinion it’s either everything is offensive or nothing is. I am in the nothing is offensive camp. I do not care how others express themselves just don’t force me to have the same expression. Hold the biggest parade on earth just don’t ask me to wave any flags, that sort of thing.

a reply to: JIMC5499

edit on 16-1-2023 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I am offended by stupid people.

98% of the human population should just stay inside their homes from now on.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Did anyone actually read the article?

Did you read what's on the back of the shirt?

The back of the shirt shows: JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY -- with the Coexist symbol crossed out.

IMO -- a place named MALL of AMERICA should be inclusive to anyone who visits it.

This shirt is offensive and very un-inclusive when you read the back.

Mall customers complained.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos

No they banned a simple t shirt that simply has one Christian slogan on it.

You didn't read the back of the shirt -- did you?

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Yeah?

Jesus is the only way. That is kind of the theme of Christianity

That is not illegal, at least not yet.

Your point?

Being offended is not a right.

Being "Inclusive" and "tolerant" of every sickness, mental illness, immorality and insanity is not a requirement.
edit on 16-1-2023 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Meh private property vote with your dollar.

Do what the left does.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Yeah?

Jesus is the only way. That is kind of the theme of Christianity

That is not illegal, at least not yet.

Your point?

Being offended is not a right.

Read the back of the shirt.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Did anyone actually read the article?

Did you read what's on the back of the shirt?

The back of the shirt shows: JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY -- with the Coexist symbol crossed out.

IMO -- a place named MALL of AMERICA should be inclusive to anyone who visits it.

This shirt is offensive and very un-inclusive when you read the back.

Mall customers complained.

If the co-exist symbol is crossed out well that is offensive as Jesus wanted all of us to co-exist. So cray cray rationalizing.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Again, what is Illegal here? The stupid coexist slogan is not some protected Icon. You can burn bibles and the US flag in public but you can't insult the dumb @ss coexist one-world religion symbol?

I like this one better.

Will you now tell me that crossing out that symbol means he is inciting violence? That is what MSDNC and CNN would say.

edit on 16-1-2023 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join