It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mall Of America: Remove Your "Jesus Saves" Shirt Or Leave The Mall

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Excuse me, didn't you see the sign at the mall entrance?

"Jesus saves.
Everybody else is running up debts".

I guess a modern devaluation of "In God we trust - everybody else pays cash".

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

originally posted by: Lysergic

originally posted by: Kenzo
Hmpf..

Whoa does Jesus have a noose?

That's problematic.

It's a Whip .

Yeah, he made a makeshift whip out of rope and chased them (and their animals) outta there. Nowhere did it say he whipped anyone. lol Artist's rendition, artistic freedom at it's finest.

He may have used it on the cattle.

pres-outlook.org...
edit on q00000007131America/Chicago2929America/Chicago1 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
I wore a George Washington t-shirt that said "They hate us cause they ain't us" to a Houston Astros game last year and they made me turn it inside out because it was "hate speach"

That’s actually pretty funny… the t-shirt I mean, not the fact they made you turn it inside out.

I used to have a t-shirt that had planes going into the twin towers and George Bush standing in front with a hitler mustache doing the nazi salute…. with ‘Bush knew’ in big letters at the top.

Thinking that would probably get me into a little trouble walking around in some (or probably most) parts of the US. I don’t think a lot of people would be feeling the whole freedom of speech vibe if they saw that.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: RonnieJersey

originally posted by: Annee

So in the United States I would not be able to go to a mall (or any public place really) with, for comparison's sake, a swastika on my t shirt -
And now I can't shop at some malls with a graphic religious t shirt either?
Total censorship, we are all being slowly censored and herded.

The man had been proselytizing customers outside the mall prior to this -- and asked to stop/leave.

Here is the back of his t-shirt

I did not realize that part of his shirt was crossed out, what a confusing graphic.
What exactly is this man trying to say?

The only way to salvation is through Jesus Christ and any other way will not work. And there is also a very clear message in the Christian Bible to spread that word.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
For those who might have missed it or have a reading comprehension issue. . . .

42 U.S.C. §2000a (a)All persons shall be entitled to the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, and accommodations of any place of public accommodation, as defined in this section, without discrimination on the ground of race, color, religion, or national origin.

TITLE II OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT (PUBLIC ACCOMMODATIONS)

www.justice.gov...

Bold is mine.

That mall clearly has many times the number of employees it takes to fall under federal laws. I'd imagine they would lose a lawsuit and forever have their name connected to criminal hate.

Both religious speech and opinions are protected speech. Religious text on a shirt is protected speech. That mall messed up if that person chooses to pursue it to its conclusion. The mall will lose IMO. They can ban shirts with profanity or gore maybe, but even hate speech is fully protected in public.

If that business were small with only a handful of employees they could get away with it, but not a business that size IMO.

My opinion of course. Google SCOTUS cases on what is protected speech under the 1st.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

a reply to: Subaeruginosa

a reply to: Annee

He's not slurring other religions, he's just saying that his is the only way.

Nice try.

Interpretation

Yours vs mine

I see it as publicly slurring other beliefs.

If it was a Muslim with a cross on the back with an O/ (O with a slash) -- there would be complaints.

I grew up in ranch country, god , country, family in that order.

A mosque went up a few miles from my dad, he never mentioned it to me when I asked why he said and I quote "why should I care who they pray to", thats the way people in that area think.

Are there racists sure, that will never go away majority of people though DONT CARE how you worship, or what skin color you are.

And in my town Mulims purchased a property that local Christians found was a historical site -- so they marched on City Hall to stop it from becoming a Mosque.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

For those who might have missed it or have a reading comprehension issue. . . .

42 U.S.C. §2000a (a)All persons shall be entitled to the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, and accommodations of any place of public accommodation, as defined in this section, without discrimination on the ground of race, color, religion, or national origin.

TITLE II OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT (PUBLIC ACCOMMODATIONS)

www.justice.gov...

Bold is mine.

That mall clearly has many times the number of employees it takes to fall under federal laws. I'd imagine they would lose a lawsuit and forever have their name connected to criminal hate.

Both religious speech and opinions are protected speech. Religious text on a shirt is protected speech. That mall messed up if that person chooses to pursue it to its conclusion. The mall will lose IMO. They can ban shirts with profanity or gore maybe, but even hate speech is fully protected in public.

If that business were small with only a handful of employees they could get away with it, but not a business that size IMO.

My opinion of course. Google SCOTUS cases on what is protected speech under the 1st.

Pretty much. I don’t even think a small business could withstand it.

Think of anything with a small sign in the window saying ‘no blacks’ ‘no women’ ‘no Muslims’ ‘no isralies’.

Also whenever you say you don’t want something and you are that big you risk seeing that shirt all over your mall and you are one shop owner away from having it sold in your mall.

They will try to pay this guy quietly. I hope he is smart enough to get representation. If I lived there I would make it a point to wear that shirt and many others. I could use $50 Gs.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 04:25 PM
link   
What if I wore a Slayer-Jesus Saves shirt?

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 04:28 PM
link   

So it is a left coast problem, not a bible belt or florida problem.

Enjoy your day.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 04:35 PM
link   

So it is a left coast problem, not a bible belt or florida problem.

Enjoy your day.

Arizona

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Did anyone actually read the article?

Did you read what's on the back of the shirt?

The back of the shirt shows: JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY -- with the Coexist symbol crossed out.

IMO -- a place named MALL of AMERICA should be inclusive to anyone who visits it.

This shirt is offensive and very un-inclusive when you read the back.

Mall customers complained.

There's nothing in the 1st amendment about exceptions for uninclusive propaganda, be it mildly suggestive iconography or a graphic severed head resembling a political figure. If anything, I salute the man for wearing a highly visible hazard sign. More idiots should do that.

edit on 16-1-2023 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Same difference at this point, with all the people california is hemorrhaging to Arizona and texas.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Did anyone actually read the article?

Did you read what's on the back of the shirt?

The back of the shirt shows: JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY -- with the Coexist symbol crossed out.

IMO -- a place named MALL of AMERICA should be inclusive to anyone who visits it.

This shirt is offensive and very un-inclusive when you read the back.

Mall customers complained.

There's nothing in the 1st amendment about exceptions for uninclusive propaganda. If anything, I salute the man for wearing a highly visible hazard sign. More idiots should do that.

I personally don't care.

But as previously mentioned up-thread -- there is more to this story.

Apparently, (because I do not have the "black & white" facts) -- he was proselytizing outside the mall for a couple days and had been asked to stop/leave. This is before he entered the mall.

It says there were customer complaints. Does not say if the complaints were about his proselytizing or his shirt.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: iwanttobelieve70

So in the United States I would not be able to go to a mall (or any public place really) with, for comparison's sake, a swastika on my t shirt -

The man had been proselytizing customers outside the mall prior to this -- and asked to stop/leave.

I did not realize that part of his shirt was crossed out, what a confusing graphic.

The only way to salvation is through Jesus Christ and any other way will not work. And there is also a very clear message in the Christian Bible to spread that word.

That's as bad as Islam saying everyone else is a filthy infidel.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn
Agreed! Get the herds used to it slowly.....

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper

originally posted by: iwanttobelieve70

And both are completely protected in this country.

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I wonder: "Chant Hare Krishna"!

Back of shirt: "You won't go to hell if you don't, but you will reincarnate and get karma".

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper

I'm offended, I bathe regularly

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Genuine question; genuine answers.

"Chaplain, will smoking Chesterfields make me go to hell"?

"Nope, but you're sure gonna smell like you came from there".
edit on 17-1-2023 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2023 @ 07:25 AM
link   

a reply to: Subaeruginosa

He's not slurring other religions, he's just saying that his is the only way.

Nice try.

Interpretation

Yours vs mine

I see it as publicly slurring other beliefs.

If it was a Muslim with a cross on the back with an O/ (O with a slash) -- there would be complaints.

I grew up in ranch country, god , country, family in that order.

A mosque went up a few miles from my dad, he never mentioned it to me when I asked why he said and I quote "why should I care who they pray to", thats the way people in that area think.

Are there racists sure, that will never go away majority of people though DONT CARE how you worship, or what skin color you are.

And in my town Mulims purchased a property that local Christians found was a historical site -- so they marched on City Hall to stop it from becoming a Mosque.

Holy crap
They enacted their civil rights?

And this offended you enough to mention it?

What a Commie sicko

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join