It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mall Of America: Remove Your "Jesus Saves" Shirt Or Leave The Mall

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: iwanttobelieve70
No you can’t. Can they say no blacks? No gays? This is clear discrimination of religion.

No it's not. The back of the shirt was the problem, which has 7 other religions crossed out. Basically saying, no jews, no Muslims, etc... The Jesus saves part has NOTHING to do with this.

That’s not going to work and it shouldn’t. Just shut up if you are a business owner and you have any problems with anything related remotely to race religion national origin or sex.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

At least in South Africa (although then there were more Covid-lock-downs and I never heard the outcome of the story), but I have a feeling they told that security company to stand down, and he can happily go to that mall now in his loin-cloth and blanket.

Yip society does evolve, and here the aim is "decolonization".

Although these were activists - can't say it's a trend yet.

Not all bad from a security perspective: at least you can't hide an AK-47 in a loin-cloth.

edit on 16-1-2023 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman

At least in South Africa (although then there were more Covid-lock-downs and I never heard the outcome of the story), but I have a feeling they told that security company to stand down, and he can happily go to that mall now in his loin-cloth and blanket.

Yip society does evolve, and here the aim is "decolonization".

I personally would like that.

We live in such a homogenized world.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

No it's not. The back of the shirt was the problem, which has 7 other religions crossed out. Basically saying, no jews, no Muslims, etc... The Jesus saves part has NOTHING to do with this.

My last time at the mall I vaguely remember a church group there, they weren't removed.

In addition to that there is a Christian Chothing store IN Mall of America. This alone shows they aren't against Christians, they are against hate speech against others or anything that could cause as disruption.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I wore a George Washington t-shirt that said "They hate us cause they ain't us" to a Houston Astros game last year and they made me turn it inside out because it was "hate speach"

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Apologies probably mixed up you and Olaru.

Any real Christian thinks everybody can be saved, must be the left coast version thats so intolerant.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Yet when I lived in the "racist and intolerant backwards bible belt", being a catholic (not practicing) married to a pagan, by a wiccan priestess barely rates a few questions and certainly no hostility.

I find life experiences like that interesting.

That is interesting… kind of makes me think that despite the general stereotype, I’m sure there’s a lot of genuine good Christian people in those parts who are surprisingly tolerant of others beliefs.

Which brings up another interesting question… do you think that shirt the man was wearing would be considered appropriate to rock up to most churches in?

idk… I’m no expert, but I feel like it would probably have a few people at least praying for him to find his way and deal with the hate in his heart.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 02:57 PM
link   
So in the United States I would not be able to go to a mall (or any public place really) with, for comparison's sake, a swastika on my t shirt -
And now I can't shop at some malls with a graphic religious t shirt either?
Total censorship, we are all being slowly censored and herded.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

The same mall that sells WAP by Cardi B....it is all or none folks.

What I find hysterical is how far it has come. I remember the Conservatives going after 2 Live Crew for their shows. Saying they were illegal with the language. They were over 18 shows. Now you have Drag Shows with kids in attendance and groups are suing Governors for that right.

It all comes back and the discussion of the slippery slope started a long time ago.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: RonnieJersey

A lot of places will say no however you can go buy Che G shirt at Macys....go figure?

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

So is it called 'selective censorship'?

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: RonnieJersey
So in the United States I would not be able to go to a mall (or any public place really) with, for comparison's sake, a swastika on my t shirt -

The man had been proselytizing customers outside the mall prior to this -- and asked to stop/leave.

Here is the back of his t-shirt

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 03:09 PM
link   
For those who might have missed it or have a reading comprehension issue. . . .

42 U.S.C. §2000a (a)All persons shall be entitled to the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, and accommodations of any place of public accommodation, as defined in this section, without discrimination on the ground of race, color, religion, or national origin.

TITLE II OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT (PUBLIC ACCOMMODATIONS)

www.justice.gov...

Bold is mine.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

The man had been proselytizing customers outside the mall prior to this -- and asked to stop/leave.

I did not realize that part of his shirt was crossed out, what a confusing graphic.
What exactly is this man trying to say?

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
For those who might have missed it or have a reading comprehension issue. . . .

42 U.S.C. §2000a (a)All persons shall be entitled to the full and equal enjoyment of the goods, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, and accommodations of any place of public accommodation, as defined in this section, without discrimination on the ground of race, color, religion, or national origin.

TITLE II OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT (PUBLIC ACCOMMODATIONS)

www.justice.gov...

Bold is mine.

From MOA website (Bold is mine).

The back of the man's shirt is a slur to other beliefs.

Clothing/Attire
Appropriate attire, including shirts and shoes, must be worn. Inappropriate attire may include, but is not limited to:

* Apparel that has obscene language, obscene gestures or racial/religious/ethnic slurs that are likely to create a disturbance
* Clothing that deliberately obscures the face, such as hooded tops or masks
* Bulletproof vests or simulated bulletproof vests

www.mallofamerica.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

His shirt is discriminating against non-Christians… lol, you literally just posted something that proves your own argument is wrong.

edit on 16-1-2023 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

I did not realize that part of his shirt was crossed out, what a confusing graphic.
What exactly is this man trying to say?

Well, as per MOA website: * Apparel that has obscene language, obscene gestures or racial/religious/ethnic slurs that are likely to create a disturbance

Crossing out Co-Exist is a slur to other beliefs and is likely to create a disturbance.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Just my experience, if he was willing to talk about it some would try to talk him around to being more tolerant, but the overall vibe I had was you do you ill do me, its not my place to judge your choices/beliefs.

Your mileage may vary.

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Wonder how many BLM protestors they have kicked out? If the shirt said F Jesus I could understand but c'mon....in this day and age THIS is what gets the boot?
edit on Janpm31pmf0000002023-01-16T15:22:17-06:000317 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2023 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Wonder how many BLM protestors they have kicked out? If the shirt said F Jesus I could understand but c'mon....in this day and age THIS is what gets the boot?

Try staying on subject instead of playing "pass the trash".

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join