It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Language of Vampyr

page: 225
<< 222  223  224    226  227  228 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2023 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Free will is in the mind.

There is something weird, some wording, behaviors, and facial features, that are too much coincidence for my taste, but I can't quite put my finger on what is disturbing me...

Is every theme in the mind produced by external stimuli?

It's why I'm boiling it down to free will. We're creatures of habit in an ever changing world, if we see too many coincidences or synchronicities we must be running on a theme.

It's possible the soul has a theme but I guess it's possible we're born with personality too, it's a funny thing to ponder.

I'm sure every body comes with a unique soul, I'm not sure it isn't swapped along the way...

Why would you think that?

I see it as a tapestry, behind there's threads and in front there's nothing. We change as we intertwine.
Some might like to think someone's knitting but all I see is a universe playing innuendo.

posted on Jan, 3 2023 @ 06:50 AM
link   
We can't put experience into simple words.
Especially with ones that are ailing, or troubling to us it's indistinguishable.

One thing is for sure. They do persists on keeping the world about power.
Look at the world, it's a power structure.

Everyone must fall in line and no one can be above them for everything must be kept under their structure at all times.

It's slavery energy keeping the Earth's grid together from ancient times to present, and probably future. What we call civilization.

Free will is not in the mind. It's in your soul.
You're all about freedom for yourself. Or submitting to their will.

Perhaps our creator is the ultimate menace.

posted on Jan, 10 2023 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Direne

this isnt a reply to your post in this thread but a reply to your recent FL post on '___' stasis for consciousness
I was thinking about it and when your back from '___' it takes a good couple minutes before your normal again and maybe ten more minutes before your baseline

time seems endless in that state
so I was wondering if we need to send humans into the consciousness realm of '___' so that we can put the body in biological stasis and that allows us to preserve the consciousness in the human being when its in the '___' state
as its not in the body but somewhere else , then you preserve the body
keep a human in the '___' state for a long time , long enough to reach another star
then bring them back once they have traveled , or also through time

i always thought people would need a transition service going from one dimensions to another
a nice bunch of folks to hold their hand and say its ok dont be afraid your here , and what happened was real.

it is therefore a good idea to select psychonauts as astronauts of the future , those that are experienced in traveling the realms of the mind

posted on Jan, 11 2023 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Stasis is a complex procedure. You can slow down the aging and deterioration of the body by supplying biological fluids that slow down its deterioration, but you cannot do the same with the brain.

Assuming that consciousness resides in the brain, you must find a way to keep it fed with the bioliquids it needs. Suppose you succeed. Even so, you must now keep the brain functioning to prevent its deterioration, and you must respect its cycles of stimulation and sleep.

To do this, you must supply him with synthetic dreams and substances that make it believe that it is interacting with the environment, for which you use specific drugs. These chemical realities must be consistent with the idea of aging: no one wants to go into stasis at 25 and wake up at 35, so in the chemical realities you design you must simulate the biological aging factor.

If you wish to travel to the Alpha Mensae star-system, located about 33 light years distant from the Sun, and if your starship travels at 0.9c for 33 years, onboard time will be 14,38 years. That is, the 25-year old crew members will wake up 33 years after, being 64 years old.

The interesting destinations from the point of view of habitability for your species are 100 light years away from Earth, so even traveling at the maximum possible speed you will reach them when you are about 70 years old. If you want to be 25 years old by the time you reach your destination, your stasis process should allow you to subtract 45 years from your life.

The process is, as you can see, unfeasible. Not because in the future you cannot delay the aging of the body by 45 years (you will), but because brain development cannot be slowed down or stopped without causing irreparable cognitive damage.

You must find a way to "bottle" consciousness without needing a body.

posted on Jan, 11 2023 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Direne

How fast can we travel out-of-body? If it's even legit.

posted on Jan, 12 2023 @ 04:44 AM
link   
There are users here that thought genome editing is a huge taboo without considering the Biblical God created such "abomination" on their point-of-view, except they are not. Like the

"seraphim"

Revelation 4:8
And the four living creatures, each one of them having six wings, are full of eyes around and within; and day and night they do not cease to say,“Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God, the Almighty, who was and who is and who is to come.”

and "chrubim"

Ezekiel 10:14
And each one had four faces. The first face was the face of a cherub, the second face was the face of a man, the third the face of a lion, and the fourth the face of an eagle.

What about the Egyptian Gods with animal heads?

I mean it's really nothing new!

Just like how human ancestors were genetically modified to be useful laborers/workers to the Anunnaki based on Sumerian tablets.

Whichever shoe fits, right?

posted on Jan, 12 2023 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Yeah you might be right there, one sees what he looks for.

It's very much a matter of view point, I've pondered many and some seemingly make things fall into place more smoothly.

posted on Jan, 12 2023 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Spare brains. Literally. wether cloned or printed, pretty sure printing will never be viable, it will be a very specialized process and expensive..but, yeah, extra brains..I had like three at one point..lol

posted on Jan, 12 2023 @ 09:02 AM
link   
i think it will be making a non aging synthetic body which we can transfer our consciousness into very much like an avatar so you bio engineer a humanoid to be fit for space travel that we can transfer our minds into.

much like a remote control drone but with senses and first person vision

i think if light acts like a wave and a particle then consciousness must act like this and must be a field of some sort maybe its related to light somehow

that would be pretty incredible to transfer into another humanoid and go exploring without real fear of dying from some space based disaster

posted on Jan, 12 2023 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Suppose you belong to a hypercivilization in the Alpha Mensae solar system, i.e., you are capable of manufacturing space vehicles that travel at the speed of light. Suppose your species is biological. Suppose you face no existential risk and yet you wish to travel to Earth. Suppose that, despite all this, consciousness cannot be separated from its substrate, the brain.

Under these conditions the question arises as to whether you really need to travel to experience what the Earth is like.

As you can see, even being a hypercivilization, the biological limit is insurmountable for your trip. However, that does not prevent you from visiting Earth and experiencing it. It would be enough for you to lie down in a room and inject into your brain all the simulations of the Earth that you have collected by probes. Remember that your probes can travel to Earth, but you cannot. Your simulations are so realistic that, for all intents and purposes, your brain cannot distinguish them from reality. For all intents and purposes it is as if you were on Earth.

Your simulations are so accurate that you can simulate the feel of fine beach sand, the smell of wet grass, the thousand colors of a sunset, frosted wastelands, an iceberg, or a jungle with its animals and sounds. Nothing in your brain, absolutely nothing, can distinguish the experience of a simulated Earth from the real Earth.

You can even simulate interaction with humans (a simulated one, that is). Your probes recorded all that when they visited Earth (when they moved slowly over fields collecting data, when they flew over oceans and lakes, when they plunged into storms, or when they scanned a poor farmer on a deserted road).

You don't need to travel to other planets to recreate them exactly in your brain. Your probes do.

This raises the question: what if everything you are experiencing right now is nothing more than a simulation of what it would be like to be a human being on a planet called Earth?

What if, after all, you are the real alien from Alpha Mensae right now? There was never a Fermi Paradox. Relax: we can stop the simulation the moment you really wish.

posted on Jan, 13 2023 @ 03:44 AM
link   

yeh it does pose the question are we really already just avatars from a hyper civilisation
exploring the earth and its surroundings

the thing is if we were a hypercivilisation why dont we remember who we are or what we are here for
why dont we have acccess to our advanced technologies

why are we simulating a period of life on earth that has all this suffering
and we cant do anything about it , who are the real humans and who are the avatars

what if you are done with the simulation and want to explore Alpha Mensae instead
you know change the level
or do i need to complete the stage and get all the achievements first
is this why humans love games and simulations so much like ironically we make games as humans that simulate life on other worlds but we dont realise we are actually doing it for real
with the the best graphics and AI and best game ever developed.

more questions it seems
why then are we allowed to simulate earth
are we chosen aliens from alpha mense in some lottery

edit on 13-1-2023 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2023 @ 03:57 AM
link   

There is just one thing that bogs me with the whole simulation hypothesis, whatever the reason the question remains, why are we not aware of being in one?

posted on Jan, 13 2023 @ 04:07 AM
link   

I think its possible that you cant remember like when you have a dream the details are foggy or fade rapidly
then there is also the idea that maybe you wouldnt give as good a performance if you knew.

I was just discussing the idea with my partner and we thought thats maybe why we dream
consciousness needs to be anchored to the host it always wants to come back after psychoactive use it returns
so maybe we have to dream as downtime from the simulation so that the consciousness remains anchored to the host
and then can go back into the simulation without being untethered as there is a risk with it being away from the host
for too long in the simulation, and also when we dream the simulation can be patched globally based on the data retrieved
from the avatars.

we simulate life on earth so that we can understand humans
so that when we finally do make contact we can say we have lived as you have lived for many lives for generations
we understand your species.

but then even with that being the case
how are we talking about this simulation here
in the simulation?

more questions , but good for the imagination which i think also feeds the dream state, shame I havent been remembering my dreams
need to change up my simulated lifestyle so I can remember my dreams each night
maybe need to stop hangin out with maryjane.
As you always say that dreams are important

posted on Jan, 13 2023 @ 04:36 AM
link   

If it's a simulation, what does it matter how I perform?

As you always say that dreams are important

I never said that...

posted on Jan, 13 2023 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Sorry terpene

I forgot who I was replying too
well if its a simulation the avatars still need to be efficient at what they do whether its just existing , terra forming, dreaming , programs still need to perform their tasks efficiently
but then if you did know then maybe youd do a better job like an AI superintelligence aware of its own existence it would like to improve upon itself and get better at doing what it does.

and I think I meant "as they always say" referring to FL group not you specifically
from their blogposts they always refer to dreaming as being essential

posted on Jan, 13 2023 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: didntasktobeborned

lmao. you're down to 1? Who are you? PussInBoots?

posted on Jan, 13 2023 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I'd imagine a species capable of stuff like that would have already tried it on others such as species they're familiar with. They'd know how to be fully immersive with their simulations.

Let's say we used a similar system to recreate dogs in a simulation, if we want an accurate and honest experience we can't carry over any of our senses or how they're calibrated, we'd want no memories either since it would confuse the experience.

Run that experiment on animals that can actually be observed and understood then who knows what would be found, it might be possible that consciousness is no different between species. In essence if we wanted to learn about dogs we'd want to live as a dog.

For the maryjane try short term memory exercises, a little stress usually excites the dreamstate too.

posted on Jan, 13 2023 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

an interesting proposal transfer of human consciousness to a dog or ape avatar

would be pretty interesting to live as a dog or an ape and with other dogs or apes to learn about them
what a wild idea really cool though
then we'd find out that they are conscious and feel extremely guilty for all the things we have done to them already.
not that humans dont already feel bad about testing on animals.

Id seen online that the neuralink trials on monkeys 15 of 23 died
so not going anywhere any time soon it seems

posted on Jan, 14 2023 @ 01:29 PM
link   

how are we talking about this simulation here in the simulation?

Because we must rest assured you are aware you do exist. Reality is what it is simulated, not you.

The only thing that separates you from insanity in a '___'verse hallucination is precisely to ensure that you know that no matter how strange everything seems to you, at least you exist. A simulation in which your ego dissolves and no longer knows how to be you would be fatal and cognitively lethal.

That you doubt whether you live in a simulation or not is what keeps you sane.

posted on Jan, 14 2023 @ 11:30 PM
link   

You best believe you don't know what sane means.
edit on 14-1-2023 by boozo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 222  223  224    226  227  228 >>

join