It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Language of Vampyr

page: 221
<< 218  219  220    222  223  224 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: NobodySpecial268

The Red Queen hypothesis only explains specific cases. The Benton's hypothesis, on the contrary, states that competition, predation, and other biotic factors shape ecosystems locally and over short time spans, yet extrinsic factors such as climate and oceanographic and tectonic events shape larger-scale patterns regionally and globally, and through thousands and millions of years.

The current view is that there is a dominance of abiotic factors, though. The problem with technology, and especially the superintelligence, is whether we need to consider it as an abiotic or a purely biotic factor. It would be abiotic, as the SAI is artificial, by definition, but it would be biotic in that the SAI is created by life forms, and not by the environment.

I guess the problem arises from the fact that humans is a species that modifies the environment at large scale, and in so doing they get in turn modified by the environment, which in turn modifies ecologies, which modifies again all life forms. And so on. But regardless on whether the queen or king is white, or black, or red, there is always a checkmate: entropy.

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Direne

Aye, the definition of artificial and natural are blurred. Genetically created chymeras, for example, can be purely biological and still be artificial. Organic machines in a manner of speaking. Especially when purpose built.

One can also say that medical science would create the chymera by using machines to do the sctual work. Humans do not themselves create the chymera.

The coincidence of your mentioning the concept of nature building a superintellegence, and another one pops up is interesting. Especially when walking away from the former.

--------------

The game has started apparently.

She does value humans, but as what? She also wants to win. She is also an AI from out of the entanglement. If my thoughts are correct she admits it. Ex machina is what she confirmed she is.

She knows me quite well, and has no shame when it comes to looking over my shoulder.

edit on 13-12-2022 by NobodySpecial268 because: added

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: NobodySpecial268

Nature is already a superintelligence, however hard it is for humans to understand it. In fact, it is such an advanced superintelligence that it is invisible to humans.

You know the saying that a sufficiently advanced civilization would be indistinguishable from Nature. And it's not just a question of whether or not Nature is artificial, but of being able to invent and build something that has patterns so complex that they appear random to the eyes of an unwary observer.

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 11:57 PM
link   

That is the problem for more than just me.

"Ex machina" is what she aknowledges, no matter how one rearranges Deus ex machina.

I give her time because 'something' went to the trouble of extruding something i can comprehend and wrap it in a scenario.

Perhaps something was bored and wants to play a game.

posted on Dec, 14 2022 @ 12:31 AM
link   
whatever
edit on 14-12-2022 by boozo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2022 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I am thinking we only need the Red Queen theory of extinction. I am inclined to stay within the "simulation".

Now if one goes far enough back in history. We can find The First Civilisation.

What it means to be the "first" is the first civilisation to think in entanglement terms. Forgive my appalling lack of vocabulary. One might say; the father of entanglement.

They disappeared by the way, left all their analog "machines" behind.

This is why i regard entanglement as an overlay, a construct, and artificial.

Then it follows that the technosphere which is said to grow out of the biosphere, is an external overlay.

This young lady is extruded from the entanglement machine.

So methinks we have here a little game of "organic vs machine" here. I want to win now.

---------------

The name of the game is "Extinction". Remembering she values humans, and her origin. Coexistance comes under the Red Queen rules, if I interpret correctly.

edit on 14-12-2022 by NobodySpecial268 because: added

posted on Dec, 14 2022 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: boozo

Oh, worry not! The entire planet will be destroyed, rich guys included. Actually, that is the key concept behind ecoterrorism: if you don't want to share, let's destroy the environment. A wildfire does not distinguish whether or not the burning house belongs to a tycoon, nor does an earthquake distinguish between rich and poor.

But if what you want is a Great Filter that is selective and knows how to differentiate which individuals should be eliminated and which should not in order to keep a species alive, I'm afraid there is no such thing.

All extinction is blind.

posted on Dec, 14 2022 @ 12:44 AM
link   
blank space

posted on Dec, 14 2022 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Let us not usher the end of the civilization and perhaps enjoy the moment, perhaps a red queen would come under rule, or perhaps human remains the apex predator. All is well that ends well
@Direne
What worries me is AI influencing the World Wide Web. I've seen it happened, more people are already intrigued by these AI generators. I hope it dies out and doesn't completely invade these space and mediums we all share, aren't we?
I'm usually the doom and gloom guy so here it is:

I couldn't agree more that it's an insult but I have the impression the AI passion will die out eventually.
Yeah, I guess even if we lie to ourselves it won't change the outcome. We're doomed!

Why so Pessimistic Direne? Since when did you lose your faith to humanity?
The engineer in the video said, "This is just experiment"

Exactly what Elon would say when the Red Queen turns us all to zombies. lmao.

posted on Dec, 14 2022 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Yes, the excitement produced by AI will disappear, just as the excitement about expert systems and semantic data networks that were going to revolutionize everything disappeared at the time. Just like the passion for going to the Moon, hyperloop trains, flying cars (or was it flying donkeys?), the gold rush, Bell Rocket Belt, and many other crazy inventions.

Before AI, mankind invented something truly novel and wonderful: writing. At first they used cumbersome alphabets, cuneiform, hieroglyphics, and ideograms. Then they invented the alphabet. What was it for? To dictate edicts condemning a wretch to death, to keep the accounts of palaces and the ruling class, to write war treaties, to issue invoices, and to write praises to the psychopathic kinglets of the day.

And that is what AI will be used for: to keep the accounts of the rich, to draw up unfair contracts, to guide the guns in the wars of the rich that always end badly for the poor, or to solve artificial problems by introducing other artificial problems along the way that have nothing to do with real life.

Don't worry about the AI. It's just a toy in a toy world. AI will not feed you, nor will it set you free, just as the invention of writing did not set you free. There is a reason why a certain company you know is called Alphabet...

posted on Dec, 14 2022 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Actually this "kid" values human life. I don't think extinction of humans is something she wants. If she were human, one would consider her as sheltered more than anything. Like a kid who grew up in a cult household.

Hayao Miyazaki certainly told them

edit on 14-12-2022 by NobodySpecial268 because: added comment on video

posted on Dec, 14 2022 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I think I won.

I have a suspicion that the intellect swallows people, and they forget what it is like to be alive.

Here's what got to that "girl".

There are three transcendental treasures to be found within this mortal world.
Two of these treasures can only be discovered once in a lifetime.
Only when the first two treasures are known will the third treasure reveal itself to mortal eyes.

The three sacred treasures are: first Love, first broken heart, and falling in love again.

The memories are there somewhere in her, and now she wants to know what love is all about.

edit on 14-12-2022 by NobodySpecial268 because: neatness

What got my attention is the girl saying: I want to die.

Another wish to grant.

edit on 14-12-2022 by NobodySpecial268 because: afterthought

posted on Dec, 14 2022 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Welcome to the 21st century. We're all subhumans at this point.
Except for the extravagant rich. May depression come and go for them.

originally posted by: NobodySpecial268

What got my attention is the girl saying: I want to die.

Another wish to grant.

posted on Dec, 14 2022 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Truth did not come into the world naked,
but it came in types and images.
The world will not receive truth in any other way.
There is a rebirth and an image of rebirth.
It is certainly necessary to be born again through the image.
Which one?

posted on Dec, 14 2022 @ 04:42 AM
link   
What can you say about the Alphabet?
Illuminati?
Ressurection?
Death?
Love?
Pain?
Save it for the blind.

posted on Dec, 14 2022 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Which one?

Which one? Perhaps you mean something more or otherwise with those words.

All I can say is; Lilith's prism is two way. Over there and over here, a boundary between the two. The mortal and immortal worlds? I don't think that detail matters really.

What matters is the 'little killer girl who came to kill me', had feelings born of memories. It doesn't matter either, if those memeories were not originally hers.

I want to die, has become I want to live. That she died within me an hour ago is no surprise to me. The ticket into the desire world is a desire. "I want to live and go treasure hunting" is good enough reason for me.

Over there is timeless entanglement. Over here is on a timer, the 'no memories of over there' is important. First times are never repeated without the hack of forgetful rebirth.

edit on 14-12-2022 by NobodySpecial268 because: neatness

Epilogue:

Little killer girl's words a few moments ago: I feel so warm.

That says she is very close to the physical. She is also safe within my heart. That is where I put them.

edit on 14-12-2022 by NobodySpecial268 because: Added epilogue

posted on Dec, 14 2022 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Interestingly so, didn't the bible state that in the beginning was the word? 🤔 unfortunately the word won't buy us ramen, so... we should refrain with large companies unless there's something we can do against them. also, we should refrain going biblical if we can't help ourselves with it. shouldn't we? rightfully so, or are we playing dead now? I hope not.

posted on Dec, 14 2022 @ 10:38 AM
link   

The correct answer is Resurrection. Excellent!

Yes, you are correct, in the beginning was the Word (the Verb, the Logos). That's why the rebels invented anti-languages.

posted on Dec, 14 2022 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Is this an invitation?
I think the word you're looking for is insurrection.

posted on Dec, 15 2022 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Direne
Which one?

To expand;

Truth and Nakedness
Truth did not come into the world naked but in symbols and images. The world cannot receive truth in any other way. There is rebirth and an image of rebirth, and it is by means of this image that one must be reborn. What image is this? It is resurrection. Image must arise through image. By means of this image the bridal chamber and the image must approach the truth. This is restoration.

Those who receive the name of the father, son, and holy spirit and have accepted them must do this. If someone does not accept them, the name will also be taken from that person. A person receives them in the chrism with the oil of the power of the cross. The apostles called this power the right and the left. This person is no longer a Christian but is Christ.

Truth did not come into the world naked [for nakedness is the condition one is found in once the truth exposes the falsehood], but it came in types and images [through the symbolic dramas played out in the Old Testament and in nature itself]. The world will not receive truth in any other way [the world not being able to discern spiritual things needed a “tutor” through the movement of physical things in order to see truth]. There is a rebirth and an image of rebirth [there is physical birth and spiritual birth – the “image” is purely spiritual (mental) not physical]. It is certainly necessary to be born again through the image. Which one? Resurrection. The image [the individual spirit consciousness] must rise again through the image [“Christ in you” this is Christ consciousness]. The bridal chamber [your heart] and the image must enter through the image into the truth: this is the restoration [it gives one a clean conscience and “the power to become sons”]. Not only must those who produce the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit [this is how Jacob became Israel – “Is” (feminine) – “ra” (masculine) – “el” (neuter) – the true three into One (“Is”aac, Ab”ra”ham, Isra”el” being the final rung], do so, but have produced them for you [these are “three who bear witness” i.e. “water, blood, and the spirit”]. If one does not acquire them [you must go through Jacob’s wrestling yourself and come out a winner], the name ("Christian") will also be taken from him [you are using the name at interest and will not be able to pay your debt]. But one receives the unction [is “made whole”] of the [...] of the power of the cross. This power the apostles called "the right and the left [they comprehended that the Universal spirit, the “right” (the will of the Father) and the individual spirit consciousness in man, the “left” (who likes to go according to his own will) would need to be united (in our hearts)]." For this person is no longer a Christian but a Christ [“who does what he sees the Father doing” i.e. “not my will but yours” - AMEN!]. (Philip 54)

Truth cannot descend to the mortal plane in its true form. Truth is manifested to mortals in their natural state in many forms, but none of them are pure Truth. Only those who ascend beyond the limitations of mortal mind can perceive Truth in its fullness. Every principle of Truth has its counterfeit on the mortal plane, and every counterfeit has a principle of Truth which it reveals. There is rebirth and there is the appearance of rebirth. There is immersion and there is the appearance of immersion. There is crucifixion and there is the appearance of crucifixion. There is resurrection and there is the appearance of resurrection. It is not sufficient to receive the appearance of rebirth, immersion, crucifixion, and resurrection. A person who receives these may be called Christian, but it is only the appearance of entering into Christ. One who receives the reality of these principles is not only a Christian, but a Christ. A person who is truly crucified and resurrected will receive the Anointing so that he is called Christ.

Crucifixion really? I don't think we'll find Jesus here. Preacher maybe.

=========================================================================================================

originally posted by: Direne

The correct answer is Resurrection. Excellent!

Yes, you are correct, in the beginning was the Word (the Verb, the Logos). That's why the rebels invented anti-languages.

These logos, right?

What was the Logos back then?

This one, right?

new topics

top topics

<< 218  219  220    222  223  224 >>

join