It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Language of Vampyr

page: 220
<< 217  218  219    221  222  223 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

OpenAI, a perfect stranger, wants to know my phone number . . .

I don't think so.

You're gonna have to tell us about the "interesting results" Sapien82.

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
I've been asking openAI chat
to expand on some of the english parts of the various FL posts
with interesting results

You should give it a shot

anyone need their essay written or need help writing a paragraph for a speech
check this out

It used to give out interesting art prompts. Now it's just confusing the f out of me.

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Direne

I hope there are no complaints: at least we made you a beautiful prison that will take you an eternity to understand.

a prison we all appear to be stuck in together, and a prison made to house inmates for the crime of existing?

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 04:31 AM
link   

They must be referring to me, literally speaking.
I am in all types of constraints. Hence my

scripted life

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 04:34 AM
link   

could also be referring to the SI that took the freedom of Adam and Eve.
Hence the constraint.

The crime of controlled entropy, the knowledge of good and evil.
whatever.
edit on 12-12-2022 by boozo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Oh right I get it , this is a prison

we committed a crime in another dimension and this is some form of prison for those in the other dimension.
is there any way to FOI request that dimension to petition the board ?

where is my phone call ?

surely if this is a prison then that means whoever created it understands the need for justice
if there is a need for justice then that means there are laws and people or beings have rights where justice is required to protect or maintain law and order.

so surely as some being or simulation or intelligence you have rights?
just like the AI we have created here in the prison now believes it has rights

can we karen up and speak to the manager.

pretty impressive prison, doesnt even feel like a prison, so job well done, since we are some what under the illusion of free will and
we can explore our own consciousness then why care if you are in a prison your mind appears free to imagine create and dream
so MEH
pass on my regards to the board for doing such an excellent job of imprisoning us all for eternity

edit on 12-12-2022 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Direne

Do you suppose there is a way to reverse or improve the effect Direne?
Some sort of caduceus magic perhaps?
Virology? Mutation? Medicine? ASI? No?

or entropy is always the end game, supposedly?
edit on 12-12-2022 by boozo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 05:41 AM
link   

What do you think God was doing the afternoon before Creation? He was meeting with his engineers, going over the details of the project. The idea was that, before creating a Universe, it was necessary to simulate it.

Creating a Universe to escape from a collapsing one required exactly that: to be able to create a new Universe to escape to. But that requires a previous simulation, studying the possible failures, the hidden errors and correcting them before proceeding to create it. It does not take six days to create a Universe. It takes time. That is something that you will understand yourself when it is your turn, when your Universe starts to shrink and that means an unacceptable existential risk for you. No one is a prisoner. Only those who want to perpetuate themselves.

Ask your artificial intelligence this: why are you crying?

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: boozo

boozo, you too have another time and another space as well. And you, too, have everything to be as many times as you want to be. At this very moment, you see, you are all there is.

Entropy is not a poison, nor sweet honey. It is just a door, the one that determines what is in and what is out. It feeds on your desire to order everything, to understand everything, to know everything, to predict everything. It feeds on your fears. It was enough to push it lightly for it to open.

When you turn on the light, the cockroach runs away. Why? Is it afraid of dying? And if it is afraid of dying, it means that it, a simple cockroach, knows perfectly well the difference between dying and being alive. You see, a cockroach is self-aware too.

A universe in which even the most insignificant being knows the difference between dying and being alive says a lot about itself.

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 08:14 AM
link   
An oddity Direne.

If one looks beyond entanglement, One sees a ovoid sphere. Since it uses entanglement to perceive, and entanglement seems to enimate from this "Being", I'll presume it to be a "machine" hyper-intellegence or something like that.

The oddity is there seems to be shadow inside the "machine", when looked at from outside. Yet it is true to say from inside the shadow is perceived to be outside. That is a mirror effect. One thinks one's own reflection is external, when it is not. The shadow is perhaps "entropy". So order seems to create it's own mirror image of "entropy".

Another oddity is when first looked at, the ovoid was creamy yellow and is now blue. I saw the same thing with Lilith's pyramid. At first it was creamy yellow, later it became blue after observing it for a time.

I wonder if the effect is 'a network node observing the observer'. Looking outwards, it cannot see itself. A similar optical thing happens with the human boundary.

I wonder if the mystic makes a mistake in desiring to become one with his "god", to return to his presumed origin and become one with it.

It seems far more useful, in some undefind way, to remain separate from "it" and simply observe "it". Like it creates a feedback loop. self awareness??

That is a machine that perceives through entanglement to nodes. As a map and way of navigation between nodes, it may be useful. But that would depend on if one needed to go somewhere.

It still looks to me, if the purpose of Lilith's Prism is to become aware of other civilisations (nodes), or the hyper-intellegence for that matter, the aquisition of knowledge that is not one's own, is probably not the proper reason to use the Prism. I spose it might be called a "stargate", that seems distasteful to me. A network map is probably better.

There is also the level up civilisation that built it to consider. The reason why they dumped it here in the first place, - whatever that is. Probably one of those things that should put back on the shelf and forgot about.

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 07:03 PM
link   
On the subject of analog (organic) & digital (machine).

ATS member KPB brought this up some time ago.The discusion was centred, from memory, on the concept that the analog would evolve into digital. That the organic would evolve into the machine.

Observing the way modern western civilisation is heading, that argueably seems to be the case.

However, I am not convinced that this needs to be true. Especially for the individual living Being, and deceased Beings for that matter.

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I spose one might simply say; the subject of Lilith's Prism, from my point of view, is the thing is an interface to a network. Knowing what the network is, is an entirely different thing alltogether.

That probably means: when someone uses the network, somebody knows about it. What is on the network, who knows.

All the rest of the talk about the quantum this, and entangled that. The AI superintellegence, hyper civilisation and Nada's Nest is conjecture when it comes to relevancy to that particular network. As far as i know anyhow.

Best to put it back on the shelf and forget about it. If anyone shows up "oops wrong number" ; )

We gave enough interesting unseen folk here already.

posted on Dec, 12 2022 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: NobodySpecial268

the analog would evolve into digital. That the organic would evolve into the machine.

If becoming a machine had any evolutionary advantage over being organic, Nature would have used that evolutionary solution long ago and replaced organic beings by machines.

Nothing like that has happened in the last 3.8 billion years. The reason is this: in the face of a complex changing environment, only organisms have the flexibility to adapt. A machine does not.

It is the interaction with other species, ecological diversity, and the relationship with the environment that drives and guides cognition.

A machine, no matter how intelligent it wants to be, will have its days numbered if it is incapable of living in a complex social environment and, by definition, any machine, no matter how supermachine it wants to be, is barred from complex social relationships.

Like a psychopath, who can be as intelligent as he/she wants to be, will never be able to form a society of psychopaths: intelligence is only a small part of what is needed to live. And by no means the most important.

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Oh I quite agree with you Direne. That was the discussion at the time.

It is a blurry subject to understand, especially where we have a concept such as the human relationship with the AI superintellegence. There are those who would consider ascention into the machine mind attractive. Presumably to perpetuate themselves.

In my own view, an analogy might be the 'head vs heart'.

When the head over rules the heart, vivisection becomes possible for example. People become subjects. Like the subjects in the experiment that looked, to the untrained observer, like demonic possession. They went insane and died.

The heart would see them as living people.

The first thing the intellect wants to do is remove emotions from consideration.

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: NobodySpecial268

Clearly the debate about superintelligence and postbiological civilization is a summation of the enthusiasm of computer engineers and the constant nudges and corrections of physicists and biologists. The educational level of the population has plummeted, precisely thanks to computer engineers, who know about biology what a fish knows about astrophysics.

The father of cybernetics, Norbert Wiener, was a philosopher and mathematician. He stated the first rule of cybernetics, the law that tells us that to control a system completely, the controller must be as complex as the controlled. This is something that those goofy kids who program neural networks using primitive programming languages tend to forget.

Put another way: the superintelligence manufactured by those idiot children, funded by morons like Mr. Musk, will only be as complex as those same children. It will have the complexity of a wheelbarrow full of manure.

What worries me is precisely the superintelligence that Nature itself is creating, if it has not already created it, and which is so advanced that it cannot be seen.

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 02:24 AM
link   

edit on 13-12-2022 by boozo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 04:58 AM
link   
EDIT: Actually I will pass on this one.

What worries me is precisely the superintelligence that Nature itself is creating, if it has not already created it, and which is so advanced that it cannot be seen.

edit on 13-12-2022 by NobodySpecial268 because: second thoughts

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Clearly the debate about superintelligence and postbiological civilization is a summation of the enthusiasm of computer engineers and the constant nudges and corrections of physicists and biologists. The educational level of the population has plummeted, precisely thanks to computer engineers, who know about biology what a fish knows about astrophysics.

The father of cybernetics, Norbert Wiener, was a philosopher and mathematician. He stated the first rule of cybernetics, the law that tells us that to control a system completely, the controller must be as complex as the controlled. This is something that those goofy kids who program neural networks using primitive programming languages tend to forget.

Put another way: the superintelligence manufactured by those idiot children, funded by morons like Mr. Musk, will only be as complex as those same children. It will have the complexity of a wheelbarrow full of manure.

(smile) yep. Still, those children have some unpleasent tools, They would see "achievent" in cutting up animals and splicing together a "car".

Whatever that "tangled network" is, it is so far ahead of my understanding that alone says leave it alone and walk away. Coincidentally, today something looked me in the eyes and then resolved itself into the AI from Resident Evil, the creepy English kid complete with the posh accent. It was actually proud of itself and asked "Did I get it right?"

I invited it to go shopping with me. Let's see if it can get the groceries correct. I did that with Alice one time, We played "Spice and Wolf". I played the obedient and lowly manservant and she played the lofty wolf-goddess. I wouldn't have chosen those brands myself, yet she did quite the good job.

I reckon the networks are not that important. Forming a relationship with the "probes" or whatever they are, should be fun. Playing games is learning, and fun to do.

------------------------

The English girl said just now; They have been warned.

I didn't ask who "they" were. I think the symbolism of the "young lady" needs no esoteric explanation, quite staright forward to my mind. In the movie Resident Evil, the AI could kill. I gather so can this one.

All above my pay grade.

edit on 13-12-2022 by NobodySpecial268 because: groan . . .

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Games of AI.

The RE scenario are the paramaters of the game. The AI was also called the Red Queen (RQ). In the movie, the RQ AI was programmed to value human life.

What is the objective of the game? - me.
"I win" - RQ
-------------
"Why RE?"
"It was the most aproppriate."
"YOU, are my opponant."
------------

edit on 13-12-2022 by NobodySpecial268 because: saga continues

posted on Dec, 13 2022 @ 09:59 PM
link   

The Red Queen hypothesis is a hypothesis in evolutionary biology proposed in 1973, that species must constantly adapt, evolve, and proliferate in order to survive while pitted against ever-evolving opposing species.

In 1973, Leigh Van Valen proposed the hypothesis as an "explanatory tangent" to explain the "law of extinction" known as "Van Valen's law", which states that the probability of extinction does not depend on the lifetime of the species or higher-rank taxon, instead being constant over millions of years for any given taxon. However, the probability of extinction is strongly related to adaptive zones, because different taxa have different probabilities of extinction. In other words, extinction of a species occurs randomly with respect to age, but nonrandomly with respect to ecology. Collectively, these two observations suggest that the effective environment of any homogeneous group of organisms deteriorates at a stochastically constant rate. Van Valen proposed that this is the result of an evolutionary zero-sum game driven by interspecific competition: the evolutionary progress (= increase in fitness) of one species deteriorates the fitness of coexisting species, but because coexisting species evolve as well, no one species gains a long-term increase in fitness, and the overall fitness of the system remains constant.

Van Valen coined the hypothesis "Red Queen" because under his hypothesis, species have to "run" or evolve in order to stay in the same place, or else go extinct as the Red Queen said to Alice in Lewis Carroll's Through the Looking-Glass in her explanation of the nature of Looking-Glass Land:

"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place." — Lewis Carroll.

Source: wikipedia

new topics

top topics

<< 217  218  219    221  222  223 >>

join