It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnitude 8.8 Offshore Maule, Chile

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Earthquakes happen, volcanos happen, tsunamis happen, its all very normal for a still somewhat active planet

Exactly, it is how land masses were and are formed on our Planet and is still happening in places like Hawaii, as we all know the majority of Earth is covered with water.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
5 hours till the tsunami will strike hawaii - is there any members that can document this with video in some safe way?

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Semus

Oh my god.

I dreamed nearly the exact same experience.

It involved a cataclysmic world event, and it was a very bad nightmare.

When I woke up, I went to ATS, and there it was.

What is going on...

link   
Don't know how relevant this is but I live in Fostoria, Ohio and we has a small 2.5 quake a couple days ago.

link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Exactly only a few months ago if I remember rightly, a new island was formed just off of japan somewhere.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Matthew 24:6 & 7

"You will be hearing of.....nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

We now average around 30 earthquakes a day, over 50 today alone.
Jesus always knew we would develop the technology to track these events thus uniquely fulfilling this prophesy in the 20th and 21st century.

That being said nobody is immune to these earthquakes whether they believe or not, there is no "special protection".

But the sign is very clear.

Now we wait for the waves to hit.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Non destructive tsunami warning for New Zealands east coast, 1-3 meters starting 7am to 10am depending on the area you reside.

News
tvnz.co.nz...

www.civildefence.govt.nz...
Govt warning page

28 Feb2010 Threat assesment remains unchanged A tsunami was generated from the 8.8magnitude quake in Chile. A wave measuring 2.34 metres was measured in Talcahuano, Chile. The first wave to arrive in New Zealand will be in the areas around Chatham Islands (Waitangi) at approximately 0705 NZDT, Sunday 28 February 2010. The first wave may arrive later and may not be the largest. Strong currents and unusual tidal effects may continue for several hours. Scientific advice is that a marine threat (i.e. threat to beach and small boats corresponding to wave heights less than 1 metre) exists for the entire east coasts of the North and South Islands from Puysegur around to Cape Reinga and extending south to Ahipara. Some land threat also exists with expected wave heights between 1 and 3 metres for the Chatham Islands and Banks Peninsula. There may be some observable sea level changes on parts of the west coast of both the north and south islands. Wave height refers to maximum water level relevant to the normal sea level at the beach. This does not take tides into account. Based on historical events it is expected that the greatest wave heights will occur between 6 and 12 hours after the initial arrivals.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Its probably no concern, but has anyone heard of any activity around the Southern Volcanic area of Chile?
The largest Volcano in Chile is just over 600km South of Santiago - Again, perhaps no concern.

But I remember about a year ago one of them erupted quite violently.
Hopefully these latest Earthquakes don't have a domino impact and create other major natural disasters with in the country

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
HOLY SH*T i just woke up, an 8.8!?!!!?! OMG! OMG!!!!!

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
6.3 just hit Salta in Northern Argentina (a seperate quake likely triggered by the P-Wave from the 8.8), estimated depth of 23.7 miles.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Mayan_Soul

When I woke up, I went to ATS, and there it was.

What is going on...

I seems that some people are causing this by dreaming about it.

Please cease and desist. oh and if you can't, please advise everyone before the event!

[edit on 27/2/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Kliskey

The one of them you refer to was Chaiten which......6.3 Argentina just cracked off.....erupted in 2008. It is currently on red alert and the web cam is bust. See earlier in the thread for details.

OK that 6.3 is in the mountains and is to the North east of Chile. Map coming up .....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/26837b688319.png[/atsimg]

[edit on 27/2/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Is anyone who understands the site earthquake.usgs.gov... keeping an eye on the quakes in chile!!!

I count 26 quakes of 5.0 today or above since the 8.8 happened and it seems some are inland. Can anyone explain if they are just after quakes and the amount of damage one of these could cause. They seem to be at a depth of around 32-37km. Alot in the same off-shore area could they affect the tsunami scenario?

Salta ARGENTINE just had a 6.3 !!!!

Thanks

[edit on 27/2/2010 by IAmD1]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I have been reading posts on this site for quite awhile now but I have never posted. This earthquake doesn't seem natural at all. Haiti happened very recently and we already have another huge earthquake? Japan had a major earthquake today too a 7.0 and the Phillipines had a 5.1. There are more than that but I think my point has been made that is quite a bit of earthquakes and sounds as if it was man made(HARP) to help push people towards fear and choas because if that happens a lot of people will turn to the government to help them get out of the mess. Anything the government will tell them they will believe. It is already happening today most people do not have a clue that there is a BAD agenda going on that is not talked about. I'm worried the government is using these earthquakes to help push health care( a very long bill which will surely take away a lot of rights) and NWO.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Oh thank you for the question about the sky changing colors, I just posted that on another thread.. she did say that which to me was odd, but thank you for the video showing that.. it is kind of ODD though

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I have been posting like a MADMAN for months now..

Check..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Something is going to happen, and this ISNT it.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
New sea level readings indicate #tsunami waves "could cause widespread damage" - Pacific Tsunami Warning Center

-when there reading ocean surface changes of 1m in height out at sea, you fear this wave is continuing to Amplify the longer it continues to travel the Pacific Ocean.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I am very interested to see how today turns out. The day is still very young.
I can feel all the tension in the air.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW
No, my apartment just swayed and I felt weird. I thought it was the wind because it kicked up all of the sudden. Wasn't the wind.

I live on the port on a hill overlooking the water. For the past few hours I've been feeling a low hum through the floor, thought it was my imagination , then I found out about this Chile quake.

Then a few minutes ago I felt a wobble or something.

Erie and not cool now.

Looking outside and a Cruise ship just pulled into the harbor with lights low too. Strange night tonight.

So where are you, which country?

Would mean more if we knew ....!!

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
6.3 Earthquake now in Argentina.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join