It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The debate. Who wins?

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: Dandandat3

Well, if so, I would have been right?

I'm not the one with egg on my face this morning.

The only opinion that really matters is the opinion of voters, on 8th November, and that's hard to call.

Agreed and based on this debate. It's going to be as close as it was going to be yesterday.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

November 5th.

Remember (remember?)

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Imhere

Because she is VP and Biden dropped out because he is senile?

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Are the typical British folk trying to crawl on the soapbox putting their 2cents about Murica?

edit on 11-9-2024 by Imhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Yes. Looks like it will be close.

Apparently it's not the popular vote that counts anyway.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Imhere

Nope.

We are entitled to our opinions as are you, wherever you are from.

link   

originally posted by: Imhere
Are the typical British folk trying to crawl on the soapbox putting their 2cents about Murica?

Let's conversely have a look at what's happening in the UK currently.....

link   
Why is Kamala even a candidate as V.P?

It’s pretty embarrassing honestly coming out of a senile cuddled administration

edit on 11-9-2024 by Imhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: wAnchorofCarp

We do. Gunpowder, treason and plot.

Coming your way, soon? Perhaps?

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 05:40 AM
link   

That's your system and process.
If there's a weakness or loophole then fix them.

I don't particularly like the UK's electoral process whereby a party that won approximately 34% of the popular vote gained nearly 68% of the total seats and another party that gained over 14% of the popular vote gained 0.6% of the total seats.
Its hugely unrepresentative.
Its all well and good when its a two horse race.....that is no longer the case in the UK.
As a result I and many others will be pressing for electoral reform that will make future general elections more representative.

If you disagree with the process work for change.

At least we can....its a right that is denied many, including the Russian people.

link   

Why? That would be an off topic deflection?

link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Our gov't has been applying that for a generation at least.

Election day is the 5th this year, not the 8th.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

That's your system and process.
If there's a weakness or loophole then fix them.

That's what the past decade has been about for many....

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Oh.

Silly me.

I need more coffee this morning and thinner fingers.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I don't think anyone can deny that Harris performed better than most expected.
Nor do I think any neutral would deny that Trump was Trump.

As far as I can tell neither acted with the confidence and assurance one would expect from a potential President of The United States.

Neither one of them is an attractive option that instills any sort of belief or faith in me that the next holder of that esteemed and important office is capable of doing so with any degree of competence.

Guess you Americans have to make the choice of just who is the least worst option.....a choice we too had to make over here back in July.

We all deserve so much better.....or should I say should DEMAND so much better.
edit on 11/9/24 by Freeborn because: clarity

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dandandat3
a reply to: UKTruth

So they lost because they tied?

That doesn't make sense.

Ok so Harris won because she showed she wasn't an old man like Joe Biden.

And Trump lost because he showed he was Trump.

That's weak sauce.

They didn't tie.
Harris moved forward because the Trump supporters set her bar so low - all she had to do was not be a giggling idiot who cant string a sentence together. Everyone knew she was going to lie.
Trump went backwards because he couldn't stop himself taking the bait and wasted his allowed time where he should have been hammering home policy.
Even his closing argument , which is being hailed by Trump supporters, was a joke. He said nothing of value, just attacked Democrats with what will have sounded like hyperbole to most people.

I used to be a big advocate of Trump, but i am sick of him.
He simply can't control his ego and is too thin skinned to ever avoid being baited or conned by people just patting him on the head.
That's why his appointments were riddled with Neocons and people who praised him to get in his good books and then stabbed him in the back.
He has not changed even a bit. Look at his VP pick - a disaster , someone who was a rabid TDS sufferer and called him Hitler.
He will always spend his time defending himself rather than actually going on the attack and doing what he needs to do - and he will always be a sucker for any praise.
Example - how is Hillary doing in jail? Oh, it's him at risk of going to jail.
How is the swamp? - as swampy as ever by the look of it.

He's not the guy.
I am not the only ex Trump advocate.

edit on 11/9/2024 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I didn't watch it, so I can't give my personal opinion on who won, but from what I've read, Harris won with more than a little help from the Moderators.

Which is not at all unexpected. You debate a Liberal on a Liberal network with 2 Liberals as Moderators and the outcome is obvious.

I can say that, for me, it changes nothing. I'll still vote Trump and I think at this point most people have made up their minds which way they lean so, *shrug* we'll see where it goes.

It's hard to believe that with the state our country is in, people would want to elect one of the people responsible and give them more power to continue running it into the ground, but what will be, will be.

Just remember - Whatever happens, you wanted it, you voted for it, so don't complain when you get it.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I didn't watch either, but I heard a Harris Surrogate claim that after the debate, she would do more press interviews. Lord I hope she doesn't have to do any where they ask hard questions.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

As a former Trump supporter I appreciate your opinion.

However the opinions of Trump supporters before or after the debate are irrelevant. They were not and still wont vote for her.

The question is what changed for independent voters? And yes Harris didn't show she was a giggling idiot... but she did show she can get down in the mud as good as Donald Trump.

What's the choices now? Donald Trump and Donald Trump light?

If she wanted to move the needle she needed to show she could be a president; not that she could trade insults as good as her opponent.

Undecided people walked away discussed by what they saw. The question is who do they hold their nose for ... or if they just quietly quite and let the two extremists sides of this country tear each other apart.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Undecided people walked away discussed by what they saw. The question is who do they hold their nose for ... or if they just quietly quite and let the two extremists sides of this country tear each other apart.

If we’re going off of the debate performance, I think right now it’s probably the inverse of the Biden Trump debate.

Trump was composed and calm. After that people thought they saw a new Trump. Everyone including the media just came to terms with a Trump win for 2024.

This time he wasn’t composed, he leaned into the more fringe internet talking points. And she seemed to shock people with not fumbling like she normally does.

The betting odds took quite the swing after this performance.

That said, this will likely wash out of the news cycle in a week or two. And the average American with a goldfish memory won’t be thinking about this come Election Day.

But Trump always proves to be his own worse enemy. That gets amplified by him always acting like a victim afterwards and finding who to point a finger at so long as it isn’t him.

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join