It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The debate. Who wins?

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Where was the f'n crowd? ...

It was GOOD there was no crowd. That hurt Harris more than Trump. I wanted NO crowd and no mics on after timed response. That part, I applauded (although they broke it a bit toward the end)

She had he time in the Senate ...

Yes, she did, but she was unknown then. Then, in her own State, she couldn't even garner enough electoral votes for a seat.

Harris is tiny. She has nothing, BUT she does have one thing...she's NOT Trump...and that is huge. None of us can forget this. It's not an irrelevant thing, and we cannot forget it. Trump is a pompous ass (sorry, but it's true).

We have a choice. A choice for America, and as ugly as it may be...I feel Donald Trump is that choice. He won't live beyond this presidency, and some other will take his place (who knows?), but we have no other choice today.

Yes, I am biased, based on what I see as our choices. I will admit that, but I will defend my choice. I will defend my choice not with bullets, but with a simple ballot.

I hope all of America will, legally, do the same.

I believe in this Country.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Third, I welcome differing INFORMED opinions, not just BS rhetoric, so tell me...what is an..."Opportunity Economy"??? Can you explain that to me in technical terms? Because I have no idea what that means. So, please help me.

She said some things.

$50,000 small business loans.
$6,000 credit for first year parents
$25,000 for first time home buyers.

That says she wants to help Americans buy homes, start families, and open businesses with tax credits.

But I have a counter question on the Trump tariffs.

I read that 53% of an average Ford's components are imported, where as BMWs built in The USA are averaging 37% imported. I have a Japanese car built in Kentucky and Assembled in Indiana with 40% imported parts.

What car isn't going up MAJORLY under Trump? That's Ford, BMW, and Toyota/Lexus. There's going to be a price increase even if you somehow de-outsource the entire country.

It's like in his mind imported cars are entirely imported and domestic cars are entirely domestic. Not even close.

He screws over Chinese componant suppliers but he screws over the American companies now sent scrambling for domestic replacements. Which apart from likely being more expensive, are also prone to opportunistic price increases under heavy tariff policies.

The reorganization in manufacturing and suppliers to go entirely domestic is a massive headache. An expensive headache. And it will most effect the most affordable cars, which are more prone to outsourced parts.

It's a little too late to stop globalism and outsourcing. That's what those Davos keynotes Trump gave acknowledged. The NWO has long been established as a globalized network of interconnected trade.

So conversely, help me explain how Trump driving up the cost of many domestic companies goods is good for me?

There's a reason Nike uses Indonesia and Thailand. How much are athletic goods and other clothes gonna cost when they can't use 13 year olds anymore? How much does an iPhone or Galaxy cost without China?

This seems like something that would be negligible for the rich but royally screw over the lower classes.

What am I missing?
edit on 11-9-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: malte86

I thought that Harris explained herself well and presented clear and understandable policies. Her responses to Trump were on topic.

Trump was more of the same-old that we've come to expect, and I have previously raised my concerns about his policies and performance during his term of office, so that's a prejudicial opinion which he only reinforced in me in the debate. Probably a Trumper would see things differently. Trump's responses to Harris was to ignore/deny what she said, and to repeat the nonsense he has read on conspiracy boards. Trump's 'baby-killing', 'dog-eating' 'insane-asylum' comments were fringe-loopy.

I'll wait to see what the post-polls and pundits say.

edit on 2024-09-11T00:53:29-05:0012Wed, 11 Sep 2024 00:53:29 -050009am00000030 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Debate went as i expected
Trump unable to control himself, seemed angry.
Harris wiped the floor with him and effectively won the election.

Trump proved he is unstable and doesn’t have the temperament to be President.
Maybe all the lawfare has got to him, but whatever, not seen a bigger disaster of a debate performance.
Harris made him dance.

edit on 11/9/2024 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 01:02 AM
link   
The male moderator was very low brow. How shameful. I had to wait till I got off from work and watch a replay.
It makes me sick to see the lies streaming out of someone’s mouth. So much snarky low brow nastiness…..

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

I’m sorry to hear this from you. I want to barf 🤮 looking at someone’s facial expressions. So much arrogance and lies.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 01:07 AM
link   
There is still time to replace Trump
He is the only person Harris can beat!

edit on 11/9/2024 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

originally posted by: matafuchs
Where was the f'n crowd? ...

It was GOOD there was no crowd. That hurt Harris more than Trump. I wanted NO crowd and no mics on after timed response. That part, I applauded (although they broke it a bit toward the end)

She had he time in the Senate ...

Yes, she did, but she was unknown then. Then, in her own State, she couldn't even garner enough electoral votes for a seat.

Harris is tiny. She has nothing, BUT she does have one thing...she's NOT Trump...and that is huge. None of us can forget this. It's not an irrelevant thing, and we cannot forget it. Trump is a pompous ass (sorry, but it's true).

We have a choice. A choice for America, and as ugly as it may be...I feel Donald Trump is that choice. He won't live beyond this presidency, and some other will take his place (who knows?), but we have no other choice today.

Yes, I am biased, based on what I see as our choices. I will admit that, but I will defend my choice. I will defend my choice not with bullets, but with a simple ballot.

I hope all of America will, legally, do the same.

I believe in this Country.

Shes a radical for sure. Even more radical than I thought, and she suddenly turned from a clueless word salad chef to a really devious person the likes of which I’ve not seen since a former prez I will not name.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: EyeoftheHurricane

but honestly, she didn't come off as a radical. Trump could have stumped her far better by just not responding to some of her "stuff". I'd love to say she looked like an idiot, but she didn't. Honestly, she looked attractive and responsible, and I'm sure that's how her handler's made her up to look, but she didn't break with that.

Look, Harris is not an ugly person. She's not. So she gets appeal for that alone. It's sad, but she does. She kept her composure tonight, and that worked to Trump's disadvantage. AND, Harris baited Trump into going "crazy" (which was bad for Trump). Trump's handlers told him to watch out for this, but he just can't help himself when his ego is threatened.

Overall, I thought Harris did very well, looking at it from a objective eye. Trump, well, not so much.

I'm not sure how much it will all mean in the end, because Harris has no policy, and she has hid from the media, but I guess we will see.

God help us all!!

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

All good points (as usual). Ummm...I'm gonna' have to research some of this to unpack it, but I will.

Thanks.

edit - Man, you're tough!!

edit 2 - I know a few things about the SE Asian economy, given I lived and worked there for several years. Especially Malaysia and Thailand, so I need to do some research to respond. My initial reaction is there are some inaccuracies in your claim, but I will defer until I do more.
edit on 9/11/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Man, I rarely disagree with you, and I'm not sure I'm going to now, but your words seem harsh. As much as I am objective, and I can't really take exception to much of what you said, I'm not sure I agree with "wiped the floor with him".

Yes, Harris did better than I expected, but Trump's closing statements were tough to defend by Harris. And, he got the last word.

Sadly, I really don't think Harris is the right choice for America.

I honestly don't know who will win, and I'm not sure at this moment if Trump is really better, but I honestly feel Harris is not the right choice. Principally because of her complete lack of foreign relations experience.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Annee
It does amuse me when those opposed to Harris start yelping: “What has she done, what has she done?”

When most people can’t even remember past Vice Presidents — let alone any specific accomplishments.

She is the incumbent, the last to leave the room on the Afghanistan disaster, was given leadership on the border, supported the failing economy on many levels etc. She has also flipped from the most progressive voter in Congress to being Trump lite, does anything bother you from the left or is it all good...

It was Trump’s plan to vacate Afghanistan.

He didn’t get it done.

Biden/Harris did.

And left 85 billion American dollars worth of military equipment there and got people killed and left the rest.
Yah they got it done… in the most incompetent way possible(unless it was intended to be so incompetent).
It’s ridiculous to put that on Trump… what? Does our military not know what they are doing?
edit on 11-9-2024 by EyeoftheHurricane because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: malte86

Digital media DIsagrees with legacy media. The digital media has trump overhwelmingly winning the debate,because It was a 3 on 1 nto a 1 vs 1.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Well when They refused to fact check her it shows everyone how they rigged this debate. Haris read the questions days before I am sure. And she had a suspicious looking ear ring in her ear as well. Most likely a Microphone she could hear from on when to aggravate trump.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 02:16 AM
link   

a reply to: EyeoftheHurricane

but honestly, she didn't come off as a radical. Trump could have stumped her far better by just not responding to some of her "stuff". I'd love to say she looked like an idiot, but she didn't. Honestly, she looked attractive and responsible, and I'm sure that's how her handler's made her up to look, but she didn't break with that.

Look, Harris is not an ugly person. She's not. So she gets appeal for that alone. It's sad, but she does. She kept her composure tonight, and that worked to Trump's disadvantage. AND, Harris baited Trump into going "crazy" (which was bad for Trump). Trump's handlers told him to watch out for this, but he just can't help himself when his ego is threatened.

Overall, I thought Harris did very well, looking at it from a objective eye. Trump, well, not so much.

I'm not sure how much it will all mean in the end, because Harris has no policy, and she has hid from the media, but I guess we will see.

God help us all!!

Some people are ugly on the inside. She is way more radical than I ever dreamed …. However I agree she really poured on the honey but she’s more vicious than I thought. She knows she can appear more moderate by pretending to advocate more Maga policies while condemning Maga at the same time and that’s just downright deceitful and self-serving. She used all stupid media lies, and I believe that those who believe her are following her over the cliff willingly. And she’s better at deflection and projection …. She pulled the abortion rabbit out of the hat. Trump merely said it was now up to the States. But Ms word salad won’t admit her views are as radical as Gov Northam and Trump made that point quite eloquently… I watched her face on a number of occasions. But she’s quite the actress.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

“It's a little too late to stop globalism and outsourcing. ”

And did you also not know that Tom Brady could run almost the whole football Field for a winning touchdown in the last 31 seconds of a game ?

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Can somebody explain to me what an "Opportunity Economy" is???

I'm a fairly smart fella, and I had a lot of Economics in college, as well as my BIL and nephew both having PhD (doctorate) degrees in Economics, and I've NEVER heard them, ever once, say anything about an "Opportunity Economy".

So, could someone please educate me on this, because apparently not even Economics Professors know what an "Opportunity Economy" is.

Thank you.

She said it quite clearly … she means giving illegals $25,000 down payment on a first house at taxiwyers expense in return for their (illegal) vote.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dandandat3
What I heard today.

"I have a plan, there's a plan, we plan, plan, plan, .... it involves giving away money"

"These guys are the worst, they really are. Let me tell you, when I was the guy, everything was great, the best"

"My opponent is the most divisive person of all time, let me tell you about how he wants to kill women, end democracy and all the horrible things people say about my him"

"Afghanistan"

Yes you nailed it pretty much she was meaner than any of his “mean tweets” because she lied her way through the entire thing and abc enabled her.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Trump proved he is unstable and doesn’t have the temperament to be President.
Maybe all the lawfare has got to him, but whatever, not seen a bigger disaster of a debate performance.
Harris made him dance.

Pfft you're lost. Trump answered all the questions and only rebutted with snips at Kamala due to her constant lying and sh1t talk. I highly doubt any regular human would sit there stoic while being ganged up on by not only the cackling VP but two other biased "moderators" from ABC. It's unfortunate that your TDS has infected you so bad in quick order, cause you used to seem to have a good head on your shoulders from my observations of some of your former posts. It's a good thing you're in the UK and it doesn't matter wtf you think.

(post by Sisavran removed for political trolling and baiting)

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join