It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The debate. Who wins?

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Oh, the excuses. Unfair, so unfair.

Key takeaways:

1. Kamala didn't bomb as so many have been gleefully and very vocally predicting.
2. Trump repeatedly put his feet in his mouth.
3. Shares in Trump media slumped this morning.

Like I say, however both candidates are poor choices.
edit on 11-9-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-9-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: EyeoftheHurricane
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I am 100% in agreement with Megyn, Elise, and Trumps Campaign manager Chris LaCivita.
They democrats and their media lackeys think all
Americans are just too stupid to see the setup.

You give them too much credit.

The moderators don't think they are pulling a fast one on the viewing public. they utterly lack the self awareness for such a scheme. Instead, they think they are just being good journalists, giving the people what they want. They just dont realize they live in a silo and that there are a lot more people in the country than those living in the silo with them.

edit on 11-9-2024 by Dandandat3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

You missed that Harris came off as a nasty scaremonger.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 10:45 AM
link   

It is what it is .....

Trump underestimated their desperation to win the Debate and walked right into Trap after Trap .

All Kamala Harris had to do last night was come off as authentic and nail the issues head on with confidence . Even knowing the questions ahead of time and having Scripted answers and wearing an Ear Mic .

She couldn't do it . Being real is just not possible for Kamala and The American people see that .

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 10:49 AM
link   

The excuses conflict with one of the big messaging points from Trumps campaign too, which was that Harris is a bad option because she wouldn’t be able to handle world leaders if she can’t handle interviews and events without a teleprompter, which is valid by the way.

That said, I can think of a lot of scenarios that would be more hostile than two biased journalists and an opposing candidates.

You can still have composure, and the unbiased independent voters can spot if a candidate did well against a loaded deck.

It’s just so childish that he got his feathers ruffled over a rally jab, and not only didn’t recover, but snowballed.

That’s not to say she’s a better option, but it does look hypocritical when you make a case she can’t handle the pressure and you buckle yourself when everyone expected her to bomb.

I don’t expect any partisan on the right or left to actually be honest about the landscape though. They’re locked in, and this race will be all about the independents, a group they regularly forget while they just message to their own base who’s already going to vote for them because it’s comfortable and familiar.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Let's stop all this talk of Harris winning last night, she got lucky. Period.
She was lucky enough to retain the extreme coaching she's gone through since "winning" the nomination.
I guarantee they put her through a debate boot camp and she is trainable enough to speak in generalities but other than hitting Trump with lies last night, she said nothing of real substance.
She came across as completely fake and scripted.

There's a reason she hasn't done any unscripted interviews...she's a goddamn train wreck.

Nobody that was on the fence about her before last night is going all in for her today. Nobody.

Her lies and flip flops cannot be erased by barely getting by with rehearsed answers, looking into the camera and putting on an act in a favorable environment.

Trump didn't do himself any favors but that's Trump.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 10:58 AM
link   
One of the more ranty bizarre moments last night was when Donald Trump started talking about migrants eating people's pets. I must be living under a rock because I had not heard of those accusations before. I immediately assumed Trump was lieing, as that was too bizarre to be the truth. It wasn’t a good moment for him.

But being bizarre, I had to look into the situation to find out the morsal of truth behind the crazy rant.

Ohio is sending troopers and $2.5 million to city where many Haitian migrants have relocated

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — The governor of Ohio will send law enforcement and millions of dollars in health care resources to the city of Springfield as it faces a surge in temporary Haitian migrants that has landed it in the national spotlight.

Republican Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine said Tuesday he doesn't oppose the Temporary Protected Status program under which some 15,000 Haitians have arrived in the city of about 59,000 people since 2020, but said the federal government must do more to help impacted communities.

"These dramatic surges impact every citizen of the community, every citizen," he said, noting additional influxes are occurring in Findlay and Lima, Ohio. "Moms who have to wait hours in a waiting room with a sick child, everyone who drives on the streets, and it affects children who go to school in more crowded classrooms."

PBS

Looks like the immigrantion problem set up and then ignored by the Biden/Harris administration is not going well in Ohio.

edit on 11-9-2024 by Dandandat3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Dandandat3

I don't think Kamala has the monopoly on nasty scaremongering?

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Neither of them have really said anything of substance the whole campaign.

Those kinds of races are over, neither party tries to sell meaningful platform to the voters, they’ll say what they intend to do, but never how they will do it. Then they abandon it.

It doesn’t matter anymore, partisans are going to partisan, those votes are locked in.

Elections are purely popularity contests now. Who do people “like” more.

Doesn’t matter if we’re disgusted by it, it is what it is, and no one is offering an alternative. Here are the crappy options, most people have made up their minds, the deciding factor will be the 5-10% of true independent/swing voters.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 11:02 AM
link   

1. Kamala didn't bomb as so many have been gleefully and very vocally predicting - Name a policy she put forward?
2. Trump repeatedly put his feet in his mouth - how?
3. Shares in Trump media slumped this morning - what does this have to do with the debate?

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Agreed; but if the choice is Trump and someone just like Trump ....

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Key takeaways:

1. Kamala didn't bomb as so many have been gleefully and very vocally predicting.
2. Trump repeatedly put his feet in his mouth.
3. Shares in Trump media slumped this morning.

Like I say, however both candidates are poor choices.

Well, I’m not sure if outright lying over and over and over again qualifies as “not bombing”, but yes she was successful in so much over the top lying and smugness, anyone else would have loved to walk away. It’s better not to engage such a lying situation in an unfair setting. It’s really that simple. Many people want to believe the lies.
Plus her record in the last 3 1/2 years stands on its own, as we all know she is a continuation of some of the most disgraceful and damaging policies ever.
edit on 11-9-2024 by EyeoftheHurricane because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

1. I can't because she hasn't got any.
2. How? He took her bait every time she dangled it.
2. Perhaps it's coincidence?

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I have made it clear I think they are both poor choices.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Kamala prepared using a Trump imitator, the same Trump imitator that Hillary Clinton used for debate prep. Some news station showed a video of a clips of that guy chasing Hillary around the stage to give her a hug, and a clip of him nearly pulling her to her knees with his Trump signature "yankin handshake". It was hilarious! Hillary couldn't keep a straight face.

I thought I could see Kamala, during the debate, laughing at Trump because he was so much like the over-the-top Trump imitator, she worked debate prep with! Maybe it was just me.

She was prepped to go in aggressively with that handshake greeting, she gave Trump at the start.

edit on 3620242024k11America/Chicago2024-09-11T11:11:36-05:0011am2024-09-11T11:11:36-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 11:08 AM
link   

You didn’t watch the debate then.
She did it for over an hour straight.

Kamala saying Trump would ban IVF
Kamala saying Project 2025 belongs to Trump
Kamala saying Trump would sign a national abortion ban
Kamala claiming police officers died on J6
Kamala parroting very fine people hoax
Kamala pushing bloodbath hoax

Is that not scaremongering?
Trump was shot because of stuff like that.
I’m continually impressed by the level of TDS some nonAmericans possess.

link   
a reply to: EyeoftheHurricane

Newsflash - all politicians lie.

link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Neither of them have really said anything of substance the whole campaign.

It's not a secret with Trump.

Trump would continue with what he did in his first term, which before the Scamdemic, was working pretty good.

Harris would continue with what Biden did, which was nothing.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Maybe it was just me

It is just you.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

I didn't say she doesn't scaremonger.

All politicians do, including Trump.

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>