It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The debate. Who wins?

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

$50,000 small business loans.
$6,000 credit for first year parents
$25,000 for first time home buyers.

That says she wants to help Americans buy homes, start families, and open businesses with tax credits.

She wants to buy votes from low info people that think those piss ant amounts are actually going to do anything for anyone.

In her and Biden's terrible economy, those numbers are meaningless.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: wAnchorofCarp

We do. Gunpowder, treason and plot.

Coming your way, soon? Perhaps?

Pitchforks and torches…

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 07:31 AM
link   
That's likely it for debates. Immediately after last night Harris suggested a 2nd one. Trump told Fox this morning, he's "less inclined" to do one, because he stated "he won" last night's debate and that he doesn't think he wants to do one. I'm sure his sychophants told him he did the "best ever" and won "bigly", then cried in their pillows at his meltdowns during it.
edit on 11-9-2024 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: 38181

This one?

It's an old game really.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I didn't watch.
It was way past my bedtime, and it would have just annoyed me.

From reading multiple sources with different agendas ...
Trump didn't do too well.
But Harris didn't either.
He said some stuff that didn't add up.
And he rambled and went off topic as usual.
She made false accusations about Project 2025 and IVF.
And she didn't actually answer questions, just had rehearsed platitudes.
And I see that she made a lot of stupid facial gestures.
The moderators called Trump out, but let Harris get away with her crap.

Looks like I didn't miss much.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Yes. Looks like it will be close.

Apparently it's not the popular vote that counts anyway.

The popular vote is state level, so it does count. Each state votes and the winner in that state gets the state's delegates. This is done that way so that a state like CA doesn't overpower the others. 50 states are equal. Kind of like the EU where 2 large, populated countries don't rule everything. If you are just one country, then the popular vote works just fine. Even you guys do not use the popular vote for your PM.
edit on x30Wed, 11 Sep 2024 07:41:55 -05002024254America/ChicagoWed, 11 Sep 2024 07:41:55 -05002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
I didn't watch.
It was way past my bedtime, and it would have just annoyed me.

From reading multiple sources with different agendas ...
Trump didn't do too well.
But Harris didn't either.
He said some stuff that didn't add up.
And he rambled and went off topic as usual.
She made false accusations about Project 2025 and IVF.
And she didn't actually answer questions, just had rehearsed platitudes.
And I see that she made a lot of stupid facial gestures.
The moderators called Trump out, but let Harris get away with her crap.

Looks like I didn't miss much.

You nailed it... She spent 3 weeks memorizing platitudes and lines and it seems to have paid off some. She also kept it simple with no facts as she went down the path of just storytelling about how hard people are hurting, and no one asked, why are they hurting if you are part of the incumbent team?

Also, no push on her switch from being extremely progressive to Trump lite while saying her values never changed and just left it there. She was also the attacker on a personal level at Trump, and that was most likely a good move as he really couldn't do the same as it would look like bullying.

edit on x30Wed, 11 Sep 2024 07:48:49 -05002024254America/ChicagoWed, 11 Sep 2024 07:48:49 -05002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Trump has cratered in the betting odds after last night - as people wake up and put their money on the line.
He was leading by 5 and he's now down by 5.
It's a bigger disaster for Trump than Biden's debate.

www.realclearpolling.com...

If Trump had any sense he would cut a deal to stay out of prison and withdraw.
edit on 11/9/2024 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
That's likely it for debates. Immediately after last night Harris suggested a 2nd one. Trump told Fox this morning, he's "less inclined" to do one, because he stated "he won" last night's debate and that he doesn't think he wants to do one. I'm sure his sychophants told him he did the "best ever" and won "bigly", then cried in their pillows at his meltdowns during it.

So obviously you bought in to Harris's poor acting job last night?

Trump is an asshole that gets results.

Harris is a fraud that hasn't done anything as VP except lie about Biden, the border, the economy etc. for 3 1/2 years.

She is supposed to be the "New Way Forward" when she was part of the Biden/Harris dumpster fire that set us back 20 years?

Why didn't she do anything as VP?
If you say the VP really cannot do anything, why didn't she resign to protest Biden F'ing up the country?

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Harris is a fraud that hasn't done anything as VP except lie about Biden, the border, the economy etc. for 3 1/2 years.

She is supposed to be the "New Way Forward" when she was part of the Biden/Harris dumpster fire that set us back 20 years?

If you say the VP really cannot do anything, why didn't she resign to protest Biden F'ing up the country?

The election is not about policy, IMO.
It's about Like Trump vs Hate Trump.
Last night all the elements of Trump that hurt him, he put on full display - and that was Harris' plan.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Hey ATS told me that the VP can't do anything. I don't think VP's resign easily, otherwise Pence would have done it the day after Trump riled up his supporters enough to want to hang him.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Whoever wins, the people lose

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I didn't watch it

originally posted by: network dude
I didn't watch either

originally posted by: FlyersFan
I didn't watch.

Sort of had a little premonition, did we?

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Last night all the elements of Trump that hurt him, he put on full display - and that was Harris' plan.

All last night proved is that Harris is able to be coached to speak semi-coherently in a friendly environment.

It was a 3 on 1 debate with the Liberal mouthpiece ABC not holding Harris accountable for her terrible record and flip flopping on every issue that matters.

For better or worse, Trump will always go into a lion's den to take questions.

I fully expected Harris to implode last night and it didn't happen but I am not conceding that she won anything that she didn't already have which is the low IQ cult that would always vote for her.

It was an act with all the facial expressions and animated hand gestures and anyone with more than 2 brain cells could see it was an act.

Harris is a liar. Period.
She lied for 3.5 years about Biden's cognitive ability, the border, the piss poor economy etc.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 08:27 AM
link   
As much as the media needs to create a narrative, the debate did little to change any minds. Trump was the same as he always is, and Kamala was full of her prepared-narrative propaganda.

Meh.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 08:29 AM
link   

All last night proved is that Harris is able to be coached to speak semi-coherently in a friendly environment.

It was a 3 on 1 debate with the Liberal mouthpiece ABC not holding Harris accountable for her terrible record and flip flopping on every issue that matters.

I fully expected Harris to implode last night and it didn't happen but I am not conceding that she won anything that she didn't already have which is the low IQ cult that would always vote for her.

It was an act with all the facial expressions and animated hand gestures and anyone with more than 2 brain cells could see it was an act.

She lied for 3.5 years about Biden's cognitive ability, the border, the piss poor economy etc.

None of that matters Razor.
We all knew that it would 3v1, so must Trump.
At the end of the day the majority of the public is uninformed and will just see the 3v1 argument as an excuse.

He walked into a coordinated hit anyway because he is unable to resist being the big man. He has a hero complex, clearly.

He should have refused the debate and simply said - i am not debating the ABC moderators and Harris on a DNC media outlet. I'll do an independently moderated debate and nothing else.
The hit from that would have been far far less than the horror show last night.
His ego is too big and he cares too much about people praising him and not criticising him.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: SoBelow
As much as the media needs to create a narrative, the debate did little to change any minds. Trump was the same as he always is, and Kamala was full of her prepared-narrative propaganda.

Meh.

Really?
Then why have the betting odds swung by 10 points in Harris favour in a few hours post debate?

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: SoBelow

Meh.

Really?
Then why have the betting odds swung by 10 points in Harris favour in a few hours post debate?

The books I have an account with had Trump at 5/6 or -120 going in, it flipped to Harris 5/6 -120 after the debate. It’s settled a bit now though, Harris is at 20/23 -115 and Trump 20/21 -105.

That’s quite the swing, but I suppose expected since it’s fresh on peoples minds.

I think the damage Trump did was erasing the notion people had after the Trump Biden debate where they saw composure and command. This one looked like he got his feathers ruffled, so he defaulted to his rant and exaggeration rally style.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Kallipygywiggy

Nope.

# 1 They're boring.

# 2 After seeing the performance of the Biden/Harris administration, there's no way in hell I'd vote for Kamala.

# 3 After seeing the performance of Democrats in general, there's no way in hell I'll EVER vote Democrat.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 08:42 AM
link   

None of that matters Razor.
We all knew that it would 3v1, so must Trump.
At the end of the day the majority of the public is uninformed and will just see the 3v1 argument as an excuse.

He walked into a coordinated hit anyway because he is unable to resist being the big man. He has a hero complex, clearly.

He should have refused the debate and simply said - i am not debating the ABC moderators and Harris on a DNC media outlet. I'll do an independently moderated debate and nothing else.
The hit from that would have been far far less than the horror show last night.
His ego is too big and he cares too much about people praising him and not criticising him.

No way would Trump backing out of that debate last night been less of a hit against him.

Every Liberal nut here on ATS said he would back out because he is a coward.
They are full of sh!t.

Trump will never not put himself out there in any environment, friendly or unfriendly.

Fox News put out an invite for a debate to both camps, we'll see if Harris takes it.

If not, we'll know why.
It's because she won't be able to fake it taking hard questions.

Everyone could tell she was speaking from a memorized script last night.

edit on 11-9-2024 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join