It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The debate. Who wins?

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: malte86

The official representative of the Russian Foreign Ministry, Maria Zakharova, compared the fight between the US presidential candidates to a fight between two boxers on the doomed Titanic, which had fifteen minutes left to sail.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: malte86

But, but, people on television, people on television.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

Speaking of doomed ships that are sinking fast.

How's Russia this morning RT?

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Watched the debate between Trump and Harris.

My personal opinion:

1. (joking) - two lonely people met.
2. (serious) - Americans are forced to choose between war and shame. And as Churchill said, "Whoever chooses between war and shame, gets both war and shame."

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 04:45 AM
link   

At least the US gets a choice and the opportunity to view and listen to the candidates vie with each other.
Granted, they may be poor options in our opinion, but ultimately its THEIR CHOICE.....something that can't be said about Russia with any degree of honesty or accuracy.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 04:52 AM
link   

forced to choose

Yeah, you keep on telling yourself that choice is something that is forced.

Anyhoo who is thats at war with their peaceful neighbor?

That's Russia, not America if memory serves.

And If it's shame you are after i direct you towards you're lord god Mad Vlads ""special military operation"".

edit on 11-9-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Well, the moderators may have been biased but the bottom line is that Trump took Kamala's bait every time.

He can't help himself. Instead of being calm and focused he lost the plot and made a fool of himself.

This has nothing to do with the moderators.

He is his own worst enemy.

So much for all the predictions that Kamala would perform badly and that he'd wipe the floor with her.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Let's stick to the topic of the thread through which is the debate and not the UK.

Lets stop acting like a wannabe moderator of a thread you didn't even create.

Taylor Sift was made 'popular' by the same ad campaign that Kamal was; it all boils down to easily influenced people that let MSM think for them fall for.
I can understand teenagers falling for it, but I'll never ubderstand why adults do. Looks like critical thinking has gone out of fashion for good.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 05:02 AM
link   

That's not what he said.

He said:

"You were given the choice between war and dishonour. You chose dishonour, and you will have war.' - To Neville Chamberlain.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Looking over the mornings news headlines; neather of them won the debate last night. No new Headlines. The agencies that have been running "Trump is unhinged" for the last three months still are. The news agency thar have been running "Harris dodges questions" still are. Some headlines even say both at the same time.

And it looks like the Harris campaign agrees; they don't expect any traction from the debate so they sought to disrupt the news cycle with a Swift endorsement ... I'll be sure to tell my 12 year old daughter she should vote for Harris now. She was a big Trump supporter, but she's an even bigger Swifty.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

What it all boils down to is that Kamala Harris rattled Trump's cage good and proper nugget1.

Not really any two ways about it.

Trump sh@t the bed a few times really.

As to what you can and cannot understand about "Taylor Swift", it's kind of beside the point really.

The fan base is apparent, so are the numbers which are considerable, and now so is her endorsement.

Again the topic of the thread is the debate if you wish to discuss something else i suggest you start a thread on it.

Have a nice day.
edit on 11-9-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

At least the US gets a choice and the opportunity to view and listen to the candidates vie with each other.
Granted, they may be poor options in our opinion, but ultimately its THEIR CHOICE.....something that can't be said about Russia with any degree of honesty or accuracy.

How many primary votes did Heiress receive again?

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Dandandat3

Kamala didn't win, Trump lost. Because....Trump.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 05:25 AM
link   

The Donald Trump who showed up at the debate last night is the same Donald Trump that we have seen for the last 8 years. You can categorize his performance as being rattled, and you wouldn't get any arguments from me. But that performance is already baked in, it is what everyone already expected from Trump... and still half the country wants to vote for him.

If you ask me; the only new thing I saw last night was how vicious and low blowing Kamala Harris can be. Her campaign has been keeping her under wraps for a while now and the was the first time I have personally seen her talk at length and unscripted. She was supposed to convince people she has a plan for the future and what we got was a scaremonging. Don't get me wrong I don't think she lost either; she also simply reinforced what we already know; that the Democrats have nothing but Trump to run on.

Nothing new nothing won by either side.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

But you realize that was your opinion before the debate even started.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Kamala didn't win, Trump lost. Because....Trump.

Pretty much sums it up.

On Polymarket the betting odds for Trump to be leading by Friday - a couple of days post debate are now only 2%
Before the debate he had a 7 point lead in the betting odds.
It's currently even - and was so as the debate ended - a full 7 point swing.

It's a massive shift which shows clearly who won the debate - and it was not close.
But it is nothing to do with Kamala - it is because Trump showed the entire side of himself that loses him votes.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dandandat3

The Donald Trump who showed up at the debate last night is the same Donald Trump that we have seen for the last 8 years. You can categorize his performance as being rattled, and you wouldn't get any arguments from me. But that performance is already baked in, it is what everyone already expected from Trump... and still half the country wants to vote for him.

If you ask me; the only new thing I saw last night was how vicious and low blowing Kamala Harris can be. Her campaign has been keeping her under wraps for a while now and the was the first time I have personally seen her talk at length and unscripted. She was supposed to convince people she has a plan for the future and what we got was a scaremonging. Don't get me wrong I don't think she lost either; she also simply reinforced what we already know; that the Democrats have nothing but Trump to run on.

Nothing new nothing won by either side.

This is wrong IMO.
Before the debate the Trump supporters I heard from were already claiming that trump would crush Kamala.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

So they lost because they tied?

That doesn't make sense.

Ok so Harris won because she showed she wasn't an old man like Joe Biden.

And Trump lost because he showed he was Trump.

That's weak sauce.
edit on 11-9-2024 by Dandandat3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Well, if so, I would have been right?

I'm not the one with egg on my face this morning.

The only opinion that really matters is the opinion of voters, on 8th November, and that's hard to call.

posted on Sep, 11 2024 @ 05:32 AM
link   
It’s not about performance.

I mean honestly, anyway you look at it Kamala is a 2019-2020 Democrat primary drop out.

Period.

Why is she even here?

edit on 11-9-2024 by Imhere because: (no reason given)

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join