It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The debate. Who wins?

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
a reply to: Annee

Oddly enough ATS members told me not to worry about JD Vance and his close ties and support of Project 2025 because a "VP really can't do anything" they are more of a , "figurehead". Yet now apparently they create the policy and the President follows it. 🤣 I love this place.

I am more concerned about a VP that daily lies to the American public by pretending the President is mentally fit, when he never was , even from day 1, before the economy fell apart and I began paying 5 to 6 bucks a gallon for gas. That shows mega incompetence on her part

link   

originally posted by: Dandandat3

That's interesting... what is happening in your local elections?

She doesn't know.

link   
a reply to: nugget1

good on you for sticking it out, I had a couple fingers of bushmills black bush and realized a better evening would be sitting with my son and playing with our dogs.

Already know who I am voting for, trump is a known quantity, and I will take a hard pass on communist lite.

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

originally posted by: pianopraze

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

In comparison to Bush v Clinton v Perot, we’re a nation of child like infighting. It’s over, any kind of productive debate is taboo. Pick a side or kick rocks.

I voted for Perot.

Those were better times.

I voted perot twice..

the little hyper chihuahua was bang on when it came to the economy every pitfall he was concerned about we fell into face first.

Perot was when I started questioning the flaws of a 2 party system and the monopoly they have acquired and now it's worse the DNC owns the media and Hollyweird and has a distinct advantage, honestly, the race shouldn't be this close, it's probably because of Obama trying to force square peg Harris into the the round hole of being the Commander in Chief

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I’m in an unincorporated area of high desert.

Very smoky skies today.

I’m logical/practical. With so many homeless I support ADU rentals if there’s adequate space on a property.

edit on pm99America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

She doesn't know.

It's worse than that...she doesn't care.

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Me to, he made to much sense and I had a bad feeling on nafta from day 1.

I think when they threatened Perot and got him to drop out the first time, we crossed the Rubicon because things have gotten bad fast since then.

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
It does amuse me when those opposed to Harris start yelping: “What has she done, what has she done?”

When most people can’t even remember past Vice Presidents — let alone any specific accomplishments.

She is the incumbent, the last to leave the room on the Afghanistan disaster, was given leadership on the border, supported the failing economy on many levels etc. She has also flipped from the most progressive voter in Congress to being Trump lite, does anything bother you from the left or is it all good...

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I’m in an unincorporated area of CA’s high desert.

Very smoky skies today.

I’m logical/practical. With so many homeless I support ADU rentals if there’s adequate space on a property.

How about on YOUR property??

Do you support that???

I'll bet not.

"Just not in my back yard!"...hypocrites in CA, ALL!

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

It does amuse me when those opposed to Harris start yelping: “What has she done, what has she done?”

When most people can’t even remember past Vice Presidents — let alone any specific accomplishments.

She is the incumbent, the last to leave the room on the Afghanistan disaster, was given leadership on the border, supported the failing economy on many levels etc. She has also flipped from the most progressive voter in Congress to being Trump lite, does anything bother you from the left or is it all good...

It was Trump’s plan to vacate Afghanistan.

He didn’t get it done.

Biden/Harris did.

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Kamala Harris stood up on a debate stage with several candidates and signaled out Joe Biden in order to imply he was a racist who admired the legacy of other racists ... then she joined that man's administration.

Lieing about how old he became thereafter seems light in comparison.

But at least tonight she did snub that old racist... "I AM NOT JOE BIDEN" must be ringing in his ears ... or at least it will be tomorrow.

link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: spacedoubt

If Harris "won" the debate, will she do another one?

I have no doubt the VEEP won't wander far from ABC's loving arms, but If I were Trump Id push for more of them. All he has to do is hold serve and I just don't see Harris swaying anybody EXCEPT those where abortion is their sole priority for the next 4 years.

It's all she has and as Trump mentioned on another issue she couldn't get the votes and the same applies to abortion EVEN IF Trump wanted all of Project 2025 bullet points they would never be brought up to be legislated upon with such a divided Congress and thats a fact.

I think it's really sad, and telling considering all the real issues plaguing this nation that someone would solely vote because of abortion. Homelessness rising, people can't afford food, housing is an absolute nightmare and getting worse, illegal immigration totally out of control. And we have some bitches who are more concerned with whether or not they can kill their kids. Totally psycho.

link   
*Having read none of the comments in this thread.

That was a freaking riot.

And yes, I may live in a different reality than everyone else.

That was 90 minutes of prosecutor tactics. He made all the points you knew he would, but she took advantage of every oppotunity to bait him into being that same broken toy that gives her the points. She avoided many of the tit for tat LCD traps Hillary was drawn into.

Some of his triggered responses were great though. I suppose they were intended to be concerning, but were just "weird".

I'm only 18 miles from the border. I hope the crazy migrants don't turn my pets into carne de gato! I have cats instead of children. I don't want migrants eating my children. Though they are not Vietnamese migrants, so I'm not too worried about "little tiger" being on the menu.

That was his go to every time, the migrants.

"She's against fracking because she'd rather give voting rights to dog-eaters!" (made up quote)

Honestly he killed it at first, and she walked into a trap right away on Project 2025. Until she, with the pretty obvious help of the moderators, baited him into a continuously defensive position, especially with all the instant fact checks on false claims.

He is incapable of resisting triggers when corrected by media fact checks, and it is pretty easily exploited with him. ABC is gonna get called out for that. Even though some blame goes on the easily baited.

After that, it seemed like a group of cats provoking a predictable barking dog. She could get away with platitudes and eloquent minimal bullet points and just let him respond to everything for better or worse.

I want the one on Fox now.
edit on 10-9-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

I’m in an unincorporated area of CA’s high desert.

Very smoky skies today.

How about on YOUR property??

Do you support that???

I'll bet not.

"Just not in my back yard!"...hypocrites in CA, ALL!

Yes I support it on my land.

Are you serious with that comment?

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 11:01 PM
link   

He didn’t get it done.

Biden/Harris did.

Yeah they sure did.

They left the Taliban $1 billion in military hardware and dead American service members.

That's makes you giddy doesn't it?

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

Oddly enough ATS members told me not to worry about JD Vance and his close ties and support of Project 2025 because a "VP really can't do anything" they are more of a , "figurehead". Yet now apparently they create the policy and the President follows it. 🤣 I love this place.

So what is she going to do that has not been a failure these last 4 years? What is she changing what she didn't support 100% these last 4 years. Go look into her VP's China connection and get back with me...

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I’m in an unincorporated area of high desert.

Very smoky skies today.

What amounts to adequate space?

Would you benefit economically if such a policy were put in place; assuming it hasn't already in your local area?

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 11:05 PM
link   

He didn’t get it done.

Biden/Harris did.

Trump had a timeline to move all out including those that supported us with zero resistance from the Taliban, and Biden threw it out the window and said leave now. Even the Afghanistan leadership had no clue, and they are mostly all dead now as 90% of those who supported us there were just abandoned overnight.

Please don't play "I know military" I used to fly one of the C-130s left on the ramp, and I personally know people there that were hunted down and killed, yeah Biden.

edit on x30Tue, 10 Sep 2024 23:09:48 -05002024253America/ChicagoTue, 10 Sep 2024 23:09:48 -05002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

link   

He didn’t get it done.

Biden/Harris did.

There's a difference between "STOOPID", and responsible.

Biden, Blinken and Milley chose the "STOOPID" path. Anyone with any military sense would have never done what happened there. It would have been better to spend a couple million to blow up and burn everything left, but did we do this? Oh NO! We left billions of dollars of offensive military weapons to who? Can you say...THE...TALIBAN????

Yes, thank you, Joe (and company)...for making the most colossal military blunder in the history of the UNITED STATES...but hey, there it is, so SUCK IT, AMERICA!!

link   

He didn’t get it done.

Biden/Harris did.

difference being trump threatened to kill the leaders if they didnt follow things to the letter... and biden/harris couldnt be bothered to pay attention till it was a humanitarian disaster then they made every wrong decision possible resulting in abandoning our allies, and get 13 more service members killed.

Eta: then when the report came out this same administration called the eye witness testimony of survivors lies... that is who you are going to bat for.
edit on 06Tue, 10 Sep 2024 23:06:41 -050006411111pmf by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join