It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The debate. Who wins?

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dandandat3
a reply to: Annee

Agreed, and did you hear Harris say the word plan a zillion times ... I think she might have a plan.

Somebody should.

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Agreed... let me know when someone has one.

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Can somebody explain to me what an "Opportunity Economy" is???

I'm a fairly smart fella, and I had a lot of Economics in college, as well as my BIL and nephew both having PhD (doctorate) degrees in Economics, and I've NEVER heard them, ever once, say anything about an "Opportunity Economy".

So, could someone please educate me on this, because apparently not even Economics Professors know what an "Opportunity Economy" is.

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I gave you a star for the irony.

That was awesome 👏

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Would you expect anything else? I mean, seriously, I've seen it for going on 11 years.

Did she offer anything else but free money?

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Would you expect anything else? I mean, seriously, I've seen it for going on 11 years.

Did she offer anything else but free money?

Negative, Ghost Rider...the pattern is full.

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 10:34 PM
link   

It does amuse me when those opposed to Harris start yelping: “What has she done, what has she done?”

When most people can’t even remember past Vice Presidents — let alone any specific accomplishments.

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 10:34 PM
link   
The January 6th question was a trap. They can't get away from the fact that Biden's administration was a do nothing policy. Stopped the pipeline that put our economy into more inflation, left the border wide open and allowing fentanyl to kill thousands. Left people behind to die. Seriously, if she becomes president I hope you all got a exit plan, or a bunker.
edit on 10-9-2024 by DeadeyeJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

It is a DEI economy. It does not exist, and never will.

If it did, it would look like this:
Person A has $10,000.00
Person B has 2,000.00.

Opportunity economy will take 4,000 from
Person A and give it to Person B.

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: spacedoubt

If Harris "won" the debate, will she do another one?

I have no doubt the VEEP won't wander far from ABC's loving arms, but If I were Trump Id push for more of them. All he has to do is hold serve and I just don't see Harris swaying anybody EXCEPT those where abortion is their sole priority for the next 4 years.

It's all she has and as Trump mentioned on another issue she couldn't get the votes and the same applies to abortion EVEN IF Trump wanted all of Project 2025 bullet points they would never be brought up to be legislated upon with such a divided Congress and thats a fact.

link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

An Opportunity Economy is clearly one where new parents get $6,000 and new businesses get $50,000 in tax credits... and Trump's don't get 400M dollars from their parents.

I wonder what all the existing parents and businesses are supposed to do with themselves.

And how Harris plans to make sure Trumps don't pass their wealth to the next generation.

edit on 10-9-2024 by Dandandat3 because: (no reason given)

link   

Oddly enough ATS members told me not to worry about JD Vance and his close ties and support of Project 2025 because a "VP really can't do anything" they are more of a , "figurehead". Yet now apparently they create the policy and the President follows it. 🤣 I love this place.

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

In comparison to Bush v Clinton v Perot, we’re a nation of child like infighting. It’s over, any kind of productive debate is taboo. Pick a side or kick rocks.

I voted for Perot.

Those were better times.

I voted perot twice..

the little hyper chihuahua was bang on when it came to the economy every pitfall he was concerned about we fell into face first.

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

Oddly enough ATS members told me not to worry about JD Vance and his close ties and support of Project 2025 because a "VP really can't do anything" they are more of a , "figurehead". Yet now apparently they create the policy and the President follows it. 🤣 I love this place.

IKR — too funny.

😂 👍

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 10:41 PM
link   

What else are opponents of Harris supposed to say; that she would make a great president and that people should vote for her? That would be counter productive of them.

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

It does amuse me when those opposed to Harris start yelping: “What has she done, what has she done?”

When most people can’t even remember past Vice Presidents — let alone any specific accomplishments.

Okay, that's actually a fair enough comment. Seriously. I'll even agree with that.

However, any VP who has ever run for president has not hidden from the press and the "people", and they have come out and clearly stated what their policies are...well, up until Harris.

I could possibly overlook Harris' impotence as a VP, IF she had some clear policy to run for POTUS under. "Opportunity Economy" doesn't cut it. One, because it screams 'redistribution of wealth', and two because it makes no damn sense.

So, I'm cool with an impotent VP running for president, but NOT when the impotent VP has equally IMPOTENT policies as a POTUS candidate.

See the difference?

Argue that!

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 10:45 PM
link   

What else are opponents of Harris supposed to say; that she would make a great president and that people should vote for her? That would be counter productive of them.

No clue.

I’m anti-Trump. That’s it. I want him gone.

Currently just riding the wave to wherever it goes.

I do follow local elections.

edit on pm99America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Sounds like she went over there and met with Zelenski and made sure there was going to be a war. She didnt work for peace. Peace doesnt pay big money.

Gulp, gulp, gulp. Pure fear in her body language. Anyone count how many times she did the massive swallow thing on camera? It made me uncomfortable to see her do that, and I dont even like her..

She played her little trix, but he pretty much always flipped it back on her. She knew it too.

I was surprised they let him do the finishing statement with no rebuttal from her.
She was weak on policy. they he told her to go back to Washington and do it now. I was laughing.

He had a very strong finish.

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt

a reply to: spacedoubt

You're biased, heavily, and you've shown it for years.

I, on the other hand, am being objective.

Therefore, your comments are...IGNORED!

I supposed a head in the sand is one option.
We both watched this debate.
If you can even say that the Felon came even close to even BEING AT, the debate. I question this form of objectivity .
The world is laughing at his performance.

And……..drumroll please.
Taylor Swift just endorsed Harris. lol fwiw.

The fact that a pop singer's opinion is a treasured endorsement speaks volumes

posted on Sep, 10 2024 @ 10:47 PM
link   

That's interesting... what is happening in your local elections?

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join