It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Casualties reported after school shooting at Apalachee High School

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
a reply to: network dude

I've said it many times it's not the guns but the lack of a system that makes sure certain things can't happen that easily. That means a stricter control of those who wield it.

The ease of access is as much a factor as the mental disposition.

Do you need that background check for every gun or just once in your life? You see how that wouldn't be enough?

All the guns that end up in the hand of the mentally disturbed have to come from somewhere. Next you'll tell me they are imported by the immigrants.

again, making assumptions without knowledge. It's a problem.

You must get the background check every time you buy a weapon. The only change with that, is it you get a concealed carry license. If you do that (at least in NC) you only need to present that at the time of purchase, it's photo copied, and kept with the paperwork. To get a CCW, you have to do a very extensive background check and obtain permission from the country Sherriff office. If you can find where a CCW holder committed a crime with a weapon, I'd like to see that.

Bottom line is, those who would break the law, have no regard for the law. So all the rules you wish to impose, will only hurt those who don't break the law to begin with. this is the common sense aspect of this that those who lack it, seem to openly display all too often.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 09:03 AM
link   
It's nice to see the concern about gun laws now.

When leftist DA's were releasing people (without bail) on gun charges, no one ever said a word.

Glad to see that changing.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

Parents that give their underage kids access to guns are not making themselves guilty?

Just this thread has couple of anecdotes where it seems parents don't follow the laws when it comes to guns and kids....

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Parents that give their underage kids access to guns are not making themselves guilty?

Just this thread has couple of anecdotes where it seems parents don't follow the laws when it comes to guns and kids....

It's not against the law to teach and train ones kids about firearms

You start teaching them early to respect the tool.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

You are assuming that these kids are granted unfettered access to the firearms, which would be incorrect in most cases.

But in cases where the child shows signs of being in such a state of mind as to harm others, yes the parents are guilty to some extent.

But in this particular case, the FBI shares a good chunk of blame as well. Being that he has bene on the FBI watchlist for over a year now. Shocker I know

What laws, regarding children and firearms, are not being followed? I did not own my first firearm until I was 18, when I was legally able to purchase one. I started using them, under proper supervision, at the age of 10 when I started hunting.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Same logic applies to traffic, and yet many of the regulation have proven to be effective to mitigate as much as possible.

I don't want rules because im not the one who would break it. Doesn't that enable those who abuse the lack of a ruke. seems like flawed logic.

Those who break the law still get their guns from somewhere. How is it that there is such a huge market without oversight?

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5thHead
Wow. Came here to find info on what happened and all I got was the same old tired gun debate.

Most of which is people from other countries that clearly don't know what it's actually like to live here calling people that do a bunch of vile names.

Weird how some things in this site get deleted and other things stay up.

If you want to have a gun debate why not just start a thread about it ?

šŸ‘Ž

Same. Was hoping to gain some info on the shooter, any possible motivations or other details.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Raptured

Only things I have seen on the shooter are his name, which I refuse to post as to not give him more recognition for his cowardly acts, the fact he is 14 years old, and that he has been on the FBI watchlist for the last year or so.

If anyone else has anymore info, please feel free to reply here and add what we know.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Same logic applies to traffic, and yet many of the regulation have proven to be effective to mitigate as much as possible.

I don't want rules because im not the one who would break it. Doesn't that enable those who abuse the lack of a ruke. seems like flawed logic.

Those who break the law still get their guns from somewhere. How is it that there is such a huge market without oversight?

ah, I'm glad you asked.

tell me, if the punishment for stealing a loaf of bread, was to have your hand cut off, would there be a lot of bread thefts? History says no. Should that be the law? It seems a little final, but the idea behind having a harsh punishment for breaking a law is a soundly reasoned argument. In the US, the liberal left has taken over the prosecution part of law enforcement. It's much more for the criminal than the law. this makes many more criminals than would otherwise exist.

So now that you have bumped into a raging clue, do you think making more laws, or limiting the availability for new firearms would deter a criminal who wanted to get an illegal gun? Or should the focus be more on why someone would take a gun and use it on another human, when not at war? I promise you, never once in the history of man, has a gun acted on it's own.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96
a reply to: Raptured

Only things I have seen on the shooter are his name, which I refuse to post as to not give him more recognition for his cowardly acts, the fact he is 14 years old, and that he has been on the FBI watchlist for the last year or so.

If anyone else has anymore info, please feel free to reply here and add what we know.

that last part, about the FBI knowing this kid was a problem, is a problem. Other than providing a great news cycle talking about dead kids, allowing this kid to do bad things seems like the wrong way to deal with it. How many more are on this list? How many previous shooters were on that list? It's time to look at the system we have in place. Deep look.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: frogs453
Hmm... you seem to be much more upset over a fetus than a live child. Not surprising.

Guess I should do as Trump said about deaths of previous school children and just "get over it."

Yeah, those 4 people who died today had a choice.

Oh, wait ā€” NO ā€” they didnā€™t.

Fetuses don't have a choice either do they. ā˜ ļø

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 10:07 AM
link   

The school shooting had nothing to do with gun owners and any standards.

Delirious mental cases is another story. All mental cases should be held to higher standards and should be responsible for their actions. šŸ˜Š

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 10:07 AM
link   

The raging clue thing killed me.....oh my god

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrGashler

The raging clue thing killed me.....oh my god

I can't think about most things without going back to a south park reference. It's a sickness.
The Hardley boys were epic.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Nvm
edit on 5-9-2024 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Authorities having trouble tying the gun used to the family. Like maybe the kid got it somewhere else. šŸ˜ƒ OO-oops

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 10:32 AM
link   

How are there so many illegal guns? Where do they come from and why is there nothing done about illegal /non registered guns. How do you think you can get a hold on that?

We don't have that problem, why do you?

I promise you, never once in the history of man, has a gun acted on it's own.

That's true for drugs too so your point is we should ignore the danger and make easy access for everyone that can proof he can do drugs responsibly? No! there is a reason some things are more strictly regulated than others because they pose a threat in the wrong hands...

The wrong hand will still get their drugs and guns, but make it as hard as possible to do so. If those hoops disqualify law abiding citizens well that's part of the deal. Because it takes one pull of that trigger and you go from law abiding to criminal.

You won't get rid of violence, ever. But it could be much less lethal.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 10:37 AM
link   

it's in the geography of the United States, and many previous blunders by the government. Heard of "fast and furious"? Check that one out. Ever heard of Afghanistan withdraw? How many fully auto M-16's were left there to be sold on the black market? Then you have the criminals stealing guns from people's houses. No, you don't have the gun problem where you live, but I'd wager you still have a death problem. (the "death" problem is where a person takes the life of another, and it's not an accident or self defense) Since I don't know where you live, I can't quote stats.

eta:
as your idea about drugs goes, it's the same thing. You likely have drugs where you live. I'd bet they are illegal, or at least you can't go to the corner store and get an 8 ball of coke. So how does it get there? Who does it and who sells it? Remember, there are laws against it, yet it exists. I'm really glad you made that comparison.
edit on 5-9-2024 by network dude because: added thought

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 10:38 AM
link   

The FBI had the kid on a watch list for at least a year? Anyone else think it is odd that the FBI is watching 12/13 year olds?

Sounds a bit MKUltra(ish).

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Like, from the FBI?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join