It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Casualties reported after school shooting at Apalachee High School

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Cheesus Sliced.

If your that upset about countries where guns are all over the place then complain about the middle east. There are places far worse than America. Look at Mexico.

Your hate for America is not only off topic but also comes off as really disrespectful and selfish.

😀

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Moon68

Criminals shouldn't have guns in the first place...

Do you also start early with alcohol, nicotine, and sexuality so they learn responsible use? You can teach them all about it nothing wrong but who in their right mind would make them practice when they aren't of legal age?

Pretty sure that's illegal and making those parents criminals.

We agree criminals shouldn't have guns.... Right?
Or are we already starting to flip-flop and justify criminal behavior if it confirms our bias. I would not be surprised...

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Typically, the only "illegal" guns are the ones used by drug cartels that are illegally brought into the country, used by gangs that have the serial numbers ground off, or the ones that people make in their basements that usually only work once.

Other than those, the term "illegal" guns are usually used by those with little to no knowledge of firearms that are talking about ones that are "unregistered" typically through personal transactions that are, in most states, 100% legal.

Contrary to popular belief, at least in my opinion, the main reason that most drugs are illegal in the US is that they are not regulated so the government doesn't have the option to get their money grubbing hands on it to take their cut. Marijuana was made legal in almost every state because they see the benefit of the tax dollars rolling in from the already millions of people who used it anyways. They get their cut so they are happy.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: SourGrapes

The fact that, recently, almost every active shooter has been on the FBI watchlist for any amount of time before they commit their act is astounding.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Nobody said anything about forcing kids to practice with firearms. We teach the safe handling of them and the fact that they should leave them alone if they see them.

The things you are "pretty sure" of and wrong about could fill a book.

If you are a felon, you are not legally able to own a firearm in the US. Yes, felons get their hands on firearms, but it is usually from other felons that got them in very illegal ways.

How do people get illegal drugs?

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

Only things I have seen on the shooter are his name, which I refuse to post as to not give him more recognition for his cowardly acts, the fact he is 14 years old, and that he has been on the FBI watchlist for the last year or so.

If anyone else has anymore info, please feel free to reply here and add what we know.

I think all this sweeping things under the rug and looking the other way is not helping anything.

I think we need to start looking at these people and who they are.

If some of these people are being targeted then getting the public to hide his name face and story only helps the people doing the targeting.

I'm wondering if TPTB will try and use his age as an excuse to keep him out of the press.

(post by Moon68 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: 5thHead

I agree, things like this need to be brought to light and shown that if you do these things you will wind up dead or in jai the rest of your miserable life.

I refuse to use the names of people who do these things, especially if they were not killed during the act, to not give them the thing they crave the most, attention.

From what I have read, he will be tried as an adult for his actions. Good riddance as far as I am concerned.

Good thing the death penalty is still legal in Georgia...

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: 5thHead

It is your # hole and the # heads that try to sweet talk school shootings are a disgrace for you and your nation...

Like yeah we have the highest gun crime by far amongst all 1st world nations, but look at Mexico... When did you learn that tactics, i did in kindergarden...

I had hopes for the usa, not much hope for the Middle East, but honestly it seems you don't want to be part of the civilized world anymore...

You are not that far away from becoming as despicable as the middle east.
Suit yourself...

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

So safe handling of drugs and sexuality is also ok to teach? We had drug sensibilisation and sexed but never was there any practice for handling it with anything even resembling reality...

Plenty in this thread said that they used guns before being of legal age to do so. That's criminal, is it not?

Illegal drugs are easy to get, guns not at all....

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Yes, in the US we teach the safe way to use meth and heroin in schools /S

Are you really this ignorant? We already know the answer just figured I'd ask

Growing up we had classes in school to stay away from drugs and also sex education. That is the same line as teaching kids not to touch guns when they aren't supposed to.

I have already told you this in this thread, there is no legal age to use a firearm in the US, just for ownership. If you bothered to read anything on this subject, there wouldn't be this much confusion in your head.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Other than those, the term "illegal" guns are usually used by those with little to no knowledge of firearms that are talking about ones that are "unregistered" typically through personal transactions that are, in most states, 100% legal.

Isn't that interesting! There is no database for the new owners of those guns? How's the background check done in those cases. Can you sell to anyone, anytime anyhow?

probably a pretty good business model...

I guess that's one of the many holes you need stuffing unless of course you want more gun violence... Then you are dandy as you were...

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Are drugs and sexuality tools?

I started learning to handle and shoot firearms at about the age of 8 with my dad. Everything from small caliber handguns to shotguns to rifles. Can you point to the law that says a parent is guilty of a criminal offense for teaching their children firearm safety and use? I'll bet money you can't find one.

As far as getting ahold of illegal guns being "not easy at all", you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

I genuinely don't understand your insistence on flapping your gums about things you obviously know nothing about. And you say that sh!t with your whole chest.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 11:21 AM
link   

there is no legal age to use a firearm in the US

And you see no problem with that?

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 11:22 AM
link   

The rules for a federal background check still apply to a private sale as far as you cannot sell to a felon, a user of illegal drugs, etc. You just don't call NICS and fill out the forms.

There have always been firearms in the US. There have always been firearm related crimes in the US. The only change has been the people.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand the real issue here, and I will even give you a hint, it's not guns. But I'm sure you will still fail to understand this very simple concept. Not surprising

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I see a problem with people like you that are ignorant about safe firearm handling and usage.

Out of the hundreds, if not thousands, of people I know that grew up around guns, not a single one of them have ever committed a firearms related crime or had a firearm related accident that resulted in a serious injury.

I'll post this again for you so you can maybe read it for a second time:

There have always been firearms in the US. There have always been firearm related crimes in the US. The only change has been the people. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand the real issue here, and I will even give you a hint, it's not guns.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: MrGashler

I do, because i actually care about kids. Im glad some take the time to actually lay out the legal framework.

I'm happy to learn how many holes you have in your gun laws....

Its becoming more obvious as to why you have such a messed up situation. Seems like there is more that could be done, but somehow you choose death kids over new laws...

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Why has switzerland none of those problems?

Are we just better humans?

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Who does the background check? There is no way the government can trace that gun to the new owner?

That would be unthinkable here.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: MrGashler

As far as getting ahold of illegal guns being "not easy at all", you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Hey I'm talking about Switzerland you know....

edit on 5-9-2024 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join