It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Casualties reported after school shooting at Apalachee High School

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

I am saying that there is a waste of US funds that could be used to protect people in our own country.

The vast majority of what we send to Ukraine is not currency. We send military hardware.. we have sent some money early in the "special operation" ... we send them military hardware that has already been produced and most likely wouldve sat in a warehouse in Iowa for a decade otherwise...

We spend hundreds of billions of dollars every year on the military... the way I look at this is we are degrading the warfighting capacity of our one of our biggest global adversaries using equipment that would otherwise be mothballed with zero loss of American military life. It is a win-win for the US.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

If that's what you want to tell yourself, sure. You don't approach it with an understand of our culture or our history, so you don't approach it in the proper context. We're not big on the idea of giving Uncle Sam unfettered access to or control of most aspects of our lives and we are extremely untrusting of government. That's actually a monumental part of how our country came to be in the first place.

but here's a question for you. We have thousands upon thousands of laws and acts and codes and rules regarding firearms in the US. If breaking those laws doesn't stop gun violence, then how exactly would enacting additional laws change anything? It's almost like people with the intentions of doing these kinds of things don't really care too much about laws.

It's illegal to bring a firearm onto school property. He broke that law. It's illegal to possess a firearm with the intent to harm. He broke that law. It's illegal to take a firearm that doesn't belong to you without the express consent of the owner. I can guarantee he broke that law. It's illegal to brandish a firearm. He broke that law. It's illegal to fire a weapon with the intent to harm someone unless you're defending yourself. He broke that law. It's illegal to take the life of another person using a firearm. He broke that law.
But all we need is just one more law, right? That'll be what does it. That's all it will take for all kids to never have to worry about dying ever again, right?

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I understand that you're coming from a totally different kind of place culturally. That has more to do with why you don't understand the US and why Switzerland sees far less firearm issues than the US does than you can possibly imagine.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
a reply to: PorkChop96

there is no legal age to use a firearm in the US

And you see no problem with that?
No, I started at 7. There’s actually shooting competitions for kids.

You’re not making a lot of sense, almost everything you keep repeating over and over has already been answered in this thread. There is no magic fairy dust to fix the problem. You can’t keep comparing how things are where you live to here

As far as drugs, they shouldn’t be available as easily as they are but…….we also have a current administration that refuses to fix the border so we have a record amount of hard drugs coming into the country, fentanyl being probably the worse and the idiot in charge of said border (Harris) won’t do anything to stop them. She’d rather see a record number of deaths and build her future voting base, than stop them. The leading cause of death for males 18-45 is drug overdoses, mostly fentanyl that’s coming over the border that our border czar Harris refuses to fix. You know, the lady some idiots want to elect as president🙄
edit on 5-9-2024 by KrustyKrab because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 11:51 AM
link   

a reply to: MrGashler

As far as getting ahold of illegal guns being "not easy at all", you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Hey I'm talking about Switzerland you know....

Have you actually look into this? Who is doing the killing? How do they get their weapons? Those two questions are infinitely more important than being upset over a current event. You have to understand the why to fix the how.

and for discussion purposes:
www.swissinfo.ch...

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 11:59 AM
link   

If you read my post you would have already answered your question...... you might need a nap, your reading comprehension isn't very good today

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Sure, think whatever you want little buddy. Whatever makes you feel safe at night /s

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DoubleDNH

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

I am saying that there is a waste of US funds that could be used to protect people in our own country.

The vast majority of what we send to Ukraine is not currency. We send military hardware.. we have sent some money early in the "special operation" ... we send them military hardware that has already been produced and most likely wouldve sat in a warehouse in Iowa for a decade otherwise...

We spend hundreds of billions of dollars every year on the military... the way I look at this is we are degrading the warfighting capacity of our one of our biggest global adversaries using equipment that would otherwise be mothballed with zero loss of American military life. It is a win-win for the US.

BS we’re sending plenty of money over there that’s being used for their businesses, payrolls, pensions, their banks and god knows what else. I get tired of hearing that same old lame excuse that we’re only or mostly just sending old weapons, it’s a lie. Those billions need to stay here to help our own country, not getting shipped to Ukraine, Israel and even Iran to further wars. That # pisses me off to no end. It’s like we’re willing to protect everyone elses borders but our own😡

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 12:04 PM
link   

One is probably not enough as it seems, there are more holes in your gun laws than there are in swiss chees.

But once you look at the money angle and the budget the NRA has and uses it becomes pretty clear it's another one of those free market issues you also feel so proud of, but is eating you from the inside...

Guns should be harder to acces than drugs... You have to proof the necessity to have one. unfettered paranoia is not a necessity and better cured with a pill.

Yeah i can't relate to a culture of mass shootings, good thing you do...

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Criminals shouldn't have guns in the first place...

No $hit. You don’t say.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 12:07 PM
link   

You scared of the night? Now that explains alot... Try gabapentin, that'll really help.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 12:10 PM
link   

You have to proof the necessity to have one. unfettered paranoia is not a necessity and better cured with a pill.

That's the lovely thing about having the 2nd amendment, we don't need a reason to own a firearm. Always those that know nothing about firearm owners in the US that claim we are "paranoid" and that is the reason we have firearms.

Are you paranoid for not owning or wanting to own guns? Afraid one will jump out of your closet and shoot yo in the middle of the night?

Yeah i can't relate to a culture of mass shootings, good thing you do...

Less than .00000001% of a the US populous is now a "culture"?

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

More crime still less gun violence than you by far... So it's not just humans.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Yeah lovely, paranoid people with guns, what could possibly go wrong?

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 12:15 PM
link   

And this highlights some of the fundamental points that keep you from understanding the US with regards to firearm ownership.

What the hell does the NRA have to do with it? The NRA isn't out here passing around firearms. The NRA can't create laws. Did you watch some CNN special, hear them talking about the NRA, and download the programming that the NRA is some big boogeyman?

Guns ARE harder to access than drugs. Guns are one of the most difficult things to legally obtain in the country. It's that pesky little word 'legally' that is going to trip you up.

Why should I have to prove necessity to own a firearm? Better yet, why shouldn't I have to prove necessity to own other things? Why shouldn't I have to prove necessity to own a vehicle? Why shouldn't I have to prove necessity to own a pressure cooker? Why shouldn't I have to prove necessity to own a computer or have a social media account?

You come across with this air of "hehehehe we are so much better than you Americans", but you seem so eager to bend over and let the government go to town on you just so you feel a little bit more safe, even if that safety is nothing more than an illusion.
edit on 592024 by MrGashler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Always those that know nothing about firearm owners in the US that claim we are "paranoid" and that is the reason we have firearms.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 12:20 PM
link   

You seem to neither understand free markets nor the power lobbies have over your government....

Choosing free market over a strong government will be your downfall.
One is there for the people at least in theory, while the other has no regard for human life only profit.
you choose your poison, now enjoy the trip...

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DoubleDNH

I know how it works. However...

Since 2022

It’s important to note that of the $175 billion total, only $107 billion directly aids the government of Ukraine. Most of the remainder is funding various U.S. activities associated with the war in Ukraine, and a small portion supports other affected countries in the region.

Link

70 billion in military aid and almost 40 billion to government budgets. F'k that. All of that money should be used here in the United States to help anything other than the Ukraine.

This shooting is a tragedy and now learning the FBI knew this kid was on the radar it is another case of letting something happen. Two SROs stopped the shooter or it would have been worse. We need them in every school.

Sandy Hooks shooter passed the schools with SROs and hit a soft target. Others have done the same.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I have a far better understanding of those things than you do apparently because it seems like you think the NRA is standing in the way of the proper level of gun control that will get rid of all the deaths. Is that what you think? Or is it the free market? Or is it that half the country wants a smaller, less powerful government? Which is it? How many laws have to be made to do it? Point to some real things instead of just smelling your own farts.

Hey man, if you want to give the government more control and more power over your life you go right ahead. It hasn't worked out well for anyone so far, but maybe this time will be different. Just give them a little more power and control. They can totally be trusted with it.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Yeah it seems you have dropped the ball and let the free market take over your whole nation... There seems no real way out and you have no one to blame but yourself.

You dont trust your government, you're divided beyond consolidation, your voices mean nothing, your politicians are easily bought, you run on outdated politcal methods, and the only thing that has seen any progress is the MIC. Politics as is will not solve squat all... You made sure of that...

i think you either reinvent yourself and arrive in the 21st century with a better way of governing yourself or go down the path you're on.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join