It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Casualties reported after school shooting at Apalachee High School

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Umm.........No

With no online anonymity at all, government knew the threat to shoot up schools and photos of weapons were posted by this kid.

With thousands of firearm laws, terrorist laws, school regs and family law to choose from it appears authorities are choosing to not do anything.

Lack of probable cause is not issue.

Lack of action and why is certainly at hand after multitudes of known shooters allowed to carry out their crimes

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

You wont get rid of crazy people. But you might have a chance that crazy people don't get their hands on guns so easily...

But you know that again would mean mandated psychological evaluation, a centralized data bank that keeps track of those with guns.

I totally get why you think it's dangerous, but it's your only real recourse. You are ok with kids being asked for id when they buy alcohol, tobacco or weed, you are ok with social security number, you are ok with so much government oversight, belts, driving licence, drugs, heck even construction machines, it's all regulated by government and enforced by the police. The reasons are obvious because they can pose a substantial thread to society.

why not with guns the deadliest tool available? If any of you actually belive that guns would save you from a government that decided to go against their own people with the use of force they are grossly deluded. At best it'll cost them a little more.

I'm sure there is a clause that gives government the right to shutdown insurrections. Try and use your freedoms against those that grant them and see how much it's worth...

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 07:53 AM
link   

The mental health issues card is played too often.

Truth is, some folk are just evil little sh1ts. End of.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
a reply to: Moon68

Why is alcohol and driving age restricted, but guns not?

This right here shows how ignorant you are

I am at a loss for words, but not surprised SMH

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

Lack of probable cause was exactly the issue why nothing could be done. The things he did are probably all protected under freedom of speech.

So you want them to take unlawful actions against US citizens without probable cause?

Yeah good luck with that...

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

So they are? I guess some Parents just like to be criminals...

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 08:01 AM
link   

You should really stretch before all of these mental gymnastics this early in the morning.

How do you draw that conclusion?

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Wow. Came here to find info on what happened and all I got was the same old tired gun debate.

Most of which is people from other countries that clearly don't know what it's actually like to live here calling people that do a bunch of vile names.

Weird how some things in this site get deleted and other things stay up.

If you want to have a gun debate why not just start a thread about it ?

đź‘Ž

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 08:04 AM
link   

What's the age restriction on guns?

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Freedom of speech does not cover lack of cause, you're obviously ignorant of our system

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 08:08 AM
link   

You forgot to answer my question bub

Firearm use, none

Ownership, 18-21, depending on the firearm. 4 years older than this criminal POS is

I ask again, how are you drawing your conclusion of "I guess some Parents just like to be criminals..."

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Something else I don’t think you’re grasping when comparing guns in Switzerland to America is that your entire country’s population is about the same as the population of the state of Washington. Washington has around 8 million people, Switzerland 8.9 million. Comparing Switzerland’s 8.9 million to our 345 million and the problems that come with them is apples to oranges. I’m sure there’s states in the US with a similar population to Switzerland that probably have similar crime rates to your entire country. Not every city in the US is a Chicago.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

So you're saying they had probable cause and lied about it?

why not just de fund the police and the whole executive branch of your government if you don't trust their work?

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 08:15 AM
link   

You wont get rid of crazy people. But you might have a chance that crazy people don't get their hands on guns so easily...

But you know that again would mean mandated psychological evaluation, a centralized data bank that keeps track of those with guns.

I totally get why you think it's dangerous, but it's your only real recourse. You are ok with kids being asked for id when they buy alcohol, tobacco or weed, you are ok with social security number, you are ok with so much government oversight, belts, driving licence, drugs, heck even construction machines, it's all regulated by government and enforced by the police. The reasons are obvious because they can pose a substantial thread to society.

why not with guns the deadliest tool available? If any of you actually belive that guns would save you from a government that decided to go against their own people with the use of force they are grossly deluded. At best it'll cost them a little more.

I'm sure there is a clause that gives government the right to shutdown insurrections. Try and use your freedoms against those that grant them and see how much it's worth...

as you aren't from "around here", it's understandable you are ignorant as to how things work here. They probably make you believe you can mail order an AR-15, or pick one up at the vending machine at the mall. For a weapon purchase, you have to be OF LEGAL AGE, and have a background check before you can buy a gun. It's a federal law.

Have you noticed that in places that don't have guns, they still have killings? Some nutter with a knife, kills a bunch of innocent folk. How could that even be possible without a gun? It's something that could not happen, yet, it happens. Maybe the gun isn't the problem, and the person willing to take another's life IS.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

The mental health issues card is played too often.

Truth is, some folk are just evil little sh1ts. End of.

yes, I agree, but the evil little sh!ts aren't mentally healthy, are they. They would need to be treated, or at least watched.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: KrustyKrab

Thats why people who seriously talk about differences in coutry look at per capita numbers...

I'm sure we allocate more funds to solve the problems we want solved.
also we vote good people into government because we have an actual voice in the matter, not just a choice between crap and sh1t...

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 08:20 AM
link   

What's the age restriction on guns?

you must be 18 to buy a rifle, and you have a background check. You must be 21 to buy a pistol, and have a back ground check.

You also must be an American Citizen to purchase a weapon in the US. How is it possible that Venezuelan gangs have AR15's and glocks? It's against the law?

It's almost as if, criminals don't follow the law? that sounds dangerous. Do you have criminals where you live? Do they follow the law?

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Even though per capita numbers can still be skewed and not accurate at all?

Also quite easy to allocate more funds to a problem that is less prominent in a country a fraction of a percent the size of the US.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 08:22 AM
link   

I've said it many times it's not the guns but the lack of a system that makes sure certain things can't happen that easily. That means a stricter control of those who wield it.

The ease of access is as much a factor as the mental disposition.

Do you need that background check for every gun or just once in your life? You see how that wouldn't be enough?

All the guns that end up in the hand of the mentally disturbed have to come from somewhere. Next you'll tell me they are imported by the immigrants.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 08:27 AM
link   

This is yet another thing that has bene told to you several times over, or at least you have been in threads that discussed this.

You have to pass a check every time you purchase/transfer a firearm at a dealer. Common knowledge

Next you'll tell me they are imported by the immigrants.

Look up operation Fast and Furious, that should give you a clue about guns coming from and going to the southern border.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join