It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eighty thousand deserters in Ukraine

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Imhere

"Beaver dams", again?

posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Imhere

At about 2,074 miles or thereabouts the poor sods are apt to have rather a long jog.

The point is you never fail to mention it, hence my asking about your health.

As to the rest of that butthurt diatribe.

Smells a lot like "but, but, but" if I'm not mistaken.

Anyhoo freedom to Ukraine and down with Putin's Russian scum invaders.
edit on 27-8-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: annonentity

'The reporter states that NATO troops basically undertook the Kursk offensive into Russia or without substantial backups it would not have occurred. It does tend to look like that as far as the grass roots go in regards to Ukraine are not happy, it is also looking that the stomach for this war, lies with NATO. If that is the case and these are factual reports then it can't be long before the soil of a NATO country is targeted by Russian forces as identified as a participating antagonist for a Russian defensive counterattack."

OK. So aside from the nonsense claim about eighty thousand deserters, is this "reporter" really claiming that NATO troops "undertook" the Kursk incursion?

I mean, seriously?

😳😒

posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: annonentity

they went UNDERGROUND alright,.......
THEYRE CALLED CEMETARYS

posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Funny you mention that...I learned today a court stat about Russia too. In Russia in the last year 400 people have been convicted of things they've said on social media...the UK has convicted 3300 people of such crimes. A turd is a turd...just because you don't like Russia doesn't mean you have to like or support Ukraine and propagandize for them here. Its ok to say they both suck in your opinion.

Also...apparently they lost the last town between Russian lines and Pokrovsk...the last town fell in 4 days and it wasnt small comparatively to most of the other towns we've seen take weeks or months to capture. Another observation which lends credibility to what the OP report was about.

posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Not gonna go as far as beaver dams ...but what is the strategic importance of Kursk. I don't see any major rail junctions or air bases or anything like that worth expending manpower for up that way...at least that they could reasonably reach under the best circumstances. Do you know of some reason it would be worth losing one of the biggest logistic and rail hubs in the east due to pulling the best most experienced units to push the Kursk front, leaving the type of soldiers who have been kidnapped off the street as we have seen and forced into service to take the weight of an increased Russian offensive on the Ukrainian eastern front.

posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Shows how much you are paying attention...its not a reporter its a Ukrainian MP who posted about it on telegram. And the way its looking down east...they seem to be short on defenders and packing up and pulling out all over.

posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Yes, I know this is late in coming but at the time I didn't feel inclined to bother. I just ran across this and yes, I do know it is from a
Russian source but,,,

EurAsia Daily

It is reported that Ukraine has lost as many as 600,000 or more soldiers
Alaudinov: Irretrievable losses of Ukraine exceeded 700 thousand.
Подробнее: eadaily.com...

Deputy Head of the Main Military-Political Directorate The Russian Armed Forces, the commander of the Akhmat special forces, Apty Alaudinov, said that the irretrievable losses of the Armed Forces of Ukraine from the beginning of SMO to the present, the end of July, amounted to more than 700 thousand people.
Подробнее: eadaily.com...

edit on 27-8-2024 by charlest2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-8-2024 by charlest2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2024 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Ricky D, it's purely political. Ukraine has nothing more than political to gain from this incursion. It's nothing more than a squandering of precious and unreplaceable resources in a futile hope of gaining bargaining leverage.

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: charlest2

Of course its about 'bargaining leverage'.....and who can blame them?
Its that basic, simple 'I have something of your's, you have something of mine - lets trade' tactics.

What exactly is wrong with that?

What do you expect Ukraine to do?
Lay down their arms, bend over and take it right up the you know where?

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

If a ceasefire takes place while they still occupy that area, sure, they will have a position to bargain from, but Putin has already told Zelensky he will not negotiate, especially with someone he does not now consider the legitimate leader of Ukraine. As a mater of fact, at this point, Putin will not negotiate, period. Ukraine will capitulate or the war will continue... Zelensky's opportunity for a negotiated settlement has come and gone. He pissed away his opportunity when he reneged on the Minsk agreement.

For that incursion to take place, Zelensky had to weaken the eastern front where now, Russian gains are increasing at a more rapid pace than before that incursion. Ukraine does not have the manpower to sustain that front indefinitely, so when Ukraine is forced back out of those occupied regions, and they will be forced out, what will Ukraine have gained? Nothing! Just more dead Ukrainian soldiers.

George Soros, Barack Obama and Victoria Nuland and co., with the help of the CIA, stirred up a populist uprising and coup of a duly elected government there, installed Zelensky in it's place and baited him into fighting a war he had no conceivable chance to win.
edit on 28-8-2024 by charlest2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 05:03 AM
link   

....but Putin has already told Zelensky he will not negotiate....

Yet its Zelensky's fault the war continues because Putin refuses to negotiate?
So what's the reasoning behind that?

.....especially with someone he does not now consider the legitimate leader of Ukraine.

Putin does not recognise Ukraine's right to exist.
But yet again that's Zelensky's fault?

He pissed away his opportunity when he reneged on the Minsk agreement.

But the breakdown of The Minsk Agreements was just as much to do with the continued aggression, provocation, agitation and even terrorism carried out by Kremlin funded Russian Militia's as it was the Ukraine governments response to them.

And of we are going to discuss agreements perhaps we should consider The Budapest Memorandum in which Russia agree to both respect and protect Ukrainian borders and independence.

But of course, its all Zelensky's fault.

George Soros, Barack Obama and Victoria Nuland and co., with the help of the CIA, stirred up a populist uprising and coup of a duly elected government there,.....

But that's not quite true is it.
The elected Ukrainian parliament dismissed Yanukovych because he abandoned the pro-EU policies he was elected to enact in favour of hugely unpopular pro-Russian policies. Its generally accepted that Yanukovych did so as a result of huge bribes he received from Putin's administration.
The Ukrainian people elected him because of his pro-EU manifesto - Soros et al did not manipulate him into accepting the bribes, betraying the Ukrainian people and provoking their anger. Nor did they influence the increasing corruption, abuse of human rights and influence of oligarchs that occurred during Yanukovych's rule. Nor did they order they killing of over 100 protesters during the protests against Yanukovych.

But yeah sure, that was all Zelensky's fault as well.

....baited him into fighting a war he had no conceivable chance to win.

The only person who 'baited' Zelensky into fighting a war was Putin when he invaded a non-threatening independent country.
Would you have had Ukraine simply roll over and accept Russian domination and control again?

Would you do that if someone invaded your country?

None of this is new, its all been pointed out before....but you just insist on blaming Zelensky, absolving Putin.....all because Biden supports Zelensky and your hatred of Biden is so blinding that you have to oppose anything he supports regardless.

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Whatever!

I don't know why I do this any longer. These discussions have gotten old for me by now.

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Roll With It.

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Watch the first video and start around the 17 minute mark.

Moreso, at around the 18:45 mark.

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 05:57 AM
link   

We need to stop overthrowing governments and killing innocent people around the world.

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 06:01 AM
link   

There is going to be a class war like it or not simply because someone got too greedy. They got too greedy because they had grown slack and became stupid. By suppressing free speech they now do not know the extent of the problem. I don't think it can be avoided because what resources there are will be funneled to the top of the pile which will leave the middle class pissed as they were the ones that kept the workers in check. When the middle class intellectuals get pissed enough they will let the working class off their leash. Which can't be far off as their sons and daughters are leaving UNi. and are still at home with no jobs. Lots of things will be in play but in the end it will be the ones who have the ear of the masses when they get riled up enough it has happened before and will happen again . Mabey this time it will be different with the shot and all but I doubt it.

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Funny you mention that...I learned today a court stat about Russia too.

Glad to have been of assistance.

400 people have been convicted of things they've said on social media..the UK has convicted 3300 people of such crimes.

Proof of those numbers and charges please, 400 people imprisoned regarding what they said on social media seems completely exaggerated.

Links if you dont mind, of the credible sorts.

You see i think you may find the majority of those people imprisoned have done a lot more than comment on FB or Telegram.

A turd is a turd...just because you don't like Russia doesn't mean you have to like or support Ukraine and propagandize for them here. Its ok to say they both suck in your opinion.

I dont have a problem with Russia RickyD, i have an issue with what Putins is doing, same as most other sane people.

Also...apparently they lost the last town between Russian lines and Pokrovsk...the last town fell in 4 days and it wasnt small comparatively to most of the other towns we've seen take weeks or months to capture. Another observation which lends credibility to what the OP report was about.

Again mate if you are going to make claims, it might be nice if you were to provide links and evidence to support them.

And you are not showing me anything reminiscent of proof regarding 80,000 deserters.

Also as already pointed out "various different charges" do not equate to 80,000 guilty deserters.

As thats just not how it works.

edit on 28-8-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 07:10 AM
link   

We need to stop overthrowing governments and killing innocent people around the world.

Strange you should say that whilst supporting Putin's efforts to overthrow a government and killing innocent people.

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 07:13 AM
link   

The strategic importance of Kursk is linked to its proximity to the Ukrainian border RickyD.

And the place has a historical military significance, particularly due to the Battle of Kursk in World War II.

Controlling Kursk meant Russia maintained a buffer zone that protected deeper Russian territories from direct attacks.

So Russia holding and defending Kursk helped ensure that the conflict remained largely within Ukrainian territory which now is not the case.

Then there is the fact that control of the Kursk Oblast is vital for Russia to sustain its military operations in northeastern Ukraine.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join