It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eighty thousand deserters in Ukraine

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 08:42 PM
link   
It appears that their are charges against eighty thousand Ukrainian soldiers , for various offences , not following orders deserting there posts etc. If these are the official numbers then what we may ask are the true numbers". Since it is a report from the Ukraine legal department it looks bone fide it does not sound like morale is very high in the Ukrainian armed forces. When you have this amount of disgruntled armed men it might be getting close to a coup of some type. The reporter states that NATO troops basically undertook the Kursk offensive into Russia or without substantial backups it would not have occurred. It does tend to look like that as far as the grass roots go in regards to Ukraine are not happy, it is also looking that the stomach for this war, lies with NATO. If that is the case and these are factual reports then it can't be long before the soil of a NATO country is targeted by Russian forces as identified as a participating antagonist for a Russian defensive counterattack. Sorry two equal signs so can't embed. www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: annonentity

I have a gut feeling that Putin is holding back until the new US POTUS is installed; if the 'wrong' one is sworn i all hell is going to break lose.

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 10:05 PM
link   

The Ukrainians that work for me all took vacations to visit their family members this year.

In Europe.

They met their family members there so that they didn’t have to step foot in Zelenskyy’s Ukraine.

They dispose the man and refuse to die for him.

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Well, at least all of those eighty thousand deserters are alive. Just think how many would have been killed if they did not leave. The Ukrainians probably have a lower death toll in their military now that there are lot less soldiers fighting, they have to be wiser so they can still fight and are taking less risk because these guys deserted.

I don't have anything bad to say about those deserters since I think Ukraine's government is corrupt. I would fight for our country even at sixty eight years old, but I probably would have tried to leave Ukraine when the war broke out there too. Good thing I didn't live in a country with leaders like they have running Ukraine when I was young.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

I have a gut feeling that Putin is holding back until the new US POTUS is installed; if the 'wrong' one is sworn i all hell is going to break lose.

This is EXACTLY what I believe.

Somebody was whining about Trump's "bromance" with Putin. As I pointed out, a bromance beats all hell out of being on the brink of a nuclear confrontation with three different nuclear armed powers at once. (Thank you, senile Joe Biden and cackling Kamala Harris.)

I don't know how, why or when just getting along became so unpopular.

Oh, wait a minute! I do know. When the Military Industrial Complex took over the reins of power.

I have been amazed at the restraint that the Russians have exhibited and I am just waiting for them to let the bear lose.

:
edit on 2024 8 26 by AwakeNotWoke because: I could.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: AwakeNotWoke

First it was Russia was just burning through old equipment. Now it’s Russia enduring attacks on Russia and losing men and equipment to buy time?

You don’t fight a war like that if you have the means to win.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Independent Russian news outlets Mediazona and Meduza also published a joint investigation on troop deaths in the war on July 5, which used data from the country's National Probate Registry. The outlets found that by the end of June, approximately 120,000 Russian troops had died since the conflict began, "but the real number could be as high as 140,000."

www.newsweek.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I have a gut feeling that Putin is holding back......

Seems I've been hearing that since the first day of Putin's invasion.
I vividly recall all the claims that Russia wasn't using its best troops, that they had amazing arms and equipment in reserve blah blah blah.
Here we are well over two years later and its pretty evident to everyone with even the slightest amount of honesty that the Russian Armed Forces are woefully under-equipped, poorly armed and trained and riddled with endemic corruption and commanded by incompetent senior officers whose tactics are pathetically outdated and whose primary concerns seem to be self-preservation in the face of frequent Putin purges.

..... until the new US POTUS is installed; if the 'wrong' one is sworn i all hell is going to break lose.

Not everything revolves around the US election - although I do accept it could have a major influence on Ukraine's ability to defend itself from this invasion and exercise its Right to Self-Determination.

I'm no fan of Biden and even less so if possible of Harris - both are/were awful candidates for POTUS - but if Trump is elected and decides to abandon Ukraine - which is very possible - then that will be the single biggest act of cowardice and betrayal that I know of since Neville Chamberlain's 'Peace in Our Time' act of Appeasement back in 1936. (In fact it'll probably be worse than that).

People rightly criticise Biden for his incompetent handling of the Afghanistan withdrawal and betrayal, this would be worse.....far worse.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 05:57 AM
link   

It appears that their are charges against eighty thousand Ukrainian soldiers , for various offences , not following orders deserting there posts etc.

Charges for "various offenses" do not equate to eighty thousand deserters.

So there is your daft hyperbole and attention-seeking title blown out of the water right away.

Freedom to Ukraine and down with the Russian scum invaders.
edit on 26-8-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 08:29 AM
link   

My thoughts are how the DNC will spin the loss of the Ukraine before November? Let me guess? Trump?

edit on 26-8-2024 by berbofthegreen because: /

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lazy88

First it was Russia was just burning through old equipment. Now it’s Russia enduring attacks on Russia and losing men and equipment to buy time?

You don’t fight a war like that if you have the means to win.

And remember when, just a few months back, Putin was suffering from Parkinson's and all other manner of horrible diseases and was going to die any day now?

originally posted by: Lazy88

Independent Russian news outlets Mediazona and Meduza also published a joint investigation on troop deaths in the war on July 5, which used data from the country's National Probate Registry. The outlets found that by the end of June, approximately 120,000 Russian troops had died since the conflict began, "but the real number could be as high as 140,000."

Well, that settles it! If it's in Newsweek, it must be true!

:
edit on 2024 8 26 by AwakeNotWoke because: I could.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: AwakeNotWoke

And remember when, just a few months back, Putin was suffering from Parkinson's and all other manner of horrible diseases and was going to die any day now?

When’s the last time he’s been seen shirtless riding a bear?

Added. The medical concerns with Biden turned out to be true. Shrugs.

originally posted by: AwakeNotWoke

Well, that settles it! If it's in Newsweek, it must be true!

Have any evidence collected the number is off, and by how much?
edit on 26-8-2024 by Lazy88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: annonentity
Sorry two equal signs so can't embed. www.youtube.com...

the second equals sign is just where you want the video to start, simply copy everything before the &t , so your link is X6FFTzZnRP8

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Putin has been fighting a protracted war of attrition. Ukraine's capabilities have been so decimated by now that Russian forces are incrementally advancing along the entire front.

The Ukrainian incursion into The Kursk Oblast borderlands was a monumental mistake in that it has further weakened Ukrainian defenses along the entire eastern front. Russian forces are advancing at a faster pace now than before the ill-fated adventure into southern Russia. The incursion into Russia was an act of desperation that will fail because Ukraine does not have the manpower to sustain it. As in other regions, this incursion will eventually turn into another isolated pocket and become yet another killing field.

It is reported that Ukraine has lost as many as 600,000 or more soldiers by now and they are kidnapping men off the streets in attempt to fill their depleted ranks. It is also reported that the public is beginning to resist these so-called recruitment efforts and burning the recruitment vehicles in the streets. Even if they do manage to supplement their ranks with these types of new enlistments, they won't fight.

It's only a mater of time before Zelensky either flees the country or killed by his own generals.

The United States and their crony NATO allies have baited Ukraine into fighting their proxy war and they are well on their way to oblivion for being so foolish as to believe the United States wouldn't bail on them when the going got tough and appears lost.

And a few F-16s aren't going to make any difference in the world. Ukraine has been f##ked over by the west and is f##ked.

Retaliatory Strike Delivered💥Ukraine's Ultimatum To Belarus🔥 Military Summary For 2024.08.26

edit on 26-8-2024 by charlest2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: charlest2

Says an internet Armchair General.....

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: annonentity
Sorry two equal signs so can't embed.

I have been dealing with that for months!!! Sometimes there are multiple "=" signs, but I FINALLY figured it out.

The solution that is working for me:

When I select a YouTube video to embed, I click on the video and instead of playing the video, I REFRESH the page and copy the address.

YouTube gives two different addresses when you click on a video. Initially, the address link will have multiple "=".

But, if you simply refresh the entire page, the address will simplify to one "=", like we're all familiar with.

I think the multiple instances are less about blocking the ability to embed the video, and more about attaching tracking and ads to the address.

This was bugging the 💩 out of me because I would copy the link and it would have multiple "=", so I tried just using the first one and dumping the rest. That didn't work.

So I refreshed the entire page and then the address in the address bar only had ONE "=" like it always did before.

The "share" link won't work either, but so far this "refresh" technique is working for me.

Give it a try.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

The US and NATO will fight this proxy war to the very last Ukrainian.

There are $s to be made here and the MIC wants every last penny they can bleed out of it.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 12:52 PM
link   

You forgot to mention the WEF, Globalists and Soros....

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Yeah, they are forcing the poor bastards at gunpoint to defend their homeland from the Russian invaders.

Accept that's really not what's happening.

And Ukraine shows no signs of wishing to give up, nor capitulate, or surrender.

If in doubt well see the Kursk Oblast invasion for a start.

There will always be money to be made from war charlest2, that's just how humanity rolls as unfortunate as the case may be.
edit on 26-8-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I'll not get caught up in a long drawn out debate again. I recognized the futility in doing this long ago now. I said my piece and I'm done here.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join