It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eighty thousand deserters in Ukraine

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

You have the mentality that the western powers defeated Hitler single handedly. WE DIDN'T. If not for Russia taking on the Eastern Front single handedly, we would have had our a$$es handed to us on a silver platter.

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: charlest2

"Single handedly"?!!!!

Ahem..look up "Arctic Convoys".

Actually, I'll do it for you:

www.iwm.org.uk...

"Conditions were among the worst faced by any Allied sailors. As well as the Germans, they faced extreme cold, gales and pack ice. The loss rate for ships was higher than any other Allied convoy route.

Over four million tons of supplies were delivered to the Russians. As well as tanks and aircraft, these included less sensational but still vital items like trucks, tractors, telephone wire, railway engines and boots.

Although the supplies were valuable, the most important contribution made by the Arctic convoys was political. They proved that the Allies were committed to helping the Soviet Union, whilst deflecting Stalin’s demands for a 'Second Front' (Allied invasion of Western Europe) until they were ready. The convoys also tied up a large part of Germany’s dwindling naval and air forces."

Go on, insult their memory.
edit on 28-8-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I never said they didn't have material support from the west. I said they fought and died by the hundreds of thousands to push Germany back to Berlin. Yes Stalin did have designs to occupy the lands they overran, but the Soviet era of Russian history is long gone. Kaput! But you can't get beyond the past, can you? You are stuck in it.

Like a mule stuck neck deep in a mudhole. LOL
edit on 28-8-2024 by charlest2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 02:42 PM
link   

You are the one banging on about the past, which you clearly have no clue about.

You said this:

"Your little island nation would be a satellite state of Germany if not for Russia's participation to defeat Hitler. They suffered greatly for your freedoms."

I simply pointed out how that was BS. Which it is.

My Mums dad was killed during the Blitz. He was a merchant Navy man.

Mrs Carpy's dad was a Para who was on the beach at Dunkirk and back on the beach at Normandy.

My dad's brother was killed in Burma.

Insult their memory will ya?

I'm guessing you are a twelve year old.

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 02:46 PM
link   

You are running in circles, dude.

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 02:56 PM
link   

And you, my friend, are insulting the memories of the fallen. And displaying your acute ignorance of history.

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

You asked about the strategic importance of Kursk i answered.

I'm sure you understand the concepts of a multifront war.

As to your opinion RickyD, you are entitled to that.

But i would be careful calling as to what will end up happening next.

As its not like anybody saw or predicted Ukraine counter-attacking in the Kursk Oblast in the first place.
edit on 28-8-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 03:17 PM
link   
My father fought and was wounded in the fight for Iwo Jima. He was in the same company medal of honor John Basilone fought and died there. My father personally witnessed his death there. I come from a family that served their nation. My 2 brothers served during the Vietnam atrocity. My 3 uncles served in various branches during WW2. One lost a lung in that war. Although I was not called to go to Vietnam, I served my country during that black period in our history. I never believed in what we were fighting for there but I served. Unlike the cowards like Bill Clinton and others that avoided their responsibilities, draft dodgers of privilege galore, I volunteered.

Quit trying to insult me. You can't. I love my country and am still fighting for it. Your insults to my character are futile gestures. I know my loyalties to my nation and they are not with this evil we call a federal government. And I don't care who reads this. I'm too old to worry about these treasonous bastards coming for me now. They can deny me my first amendment rights and lock me up but they can't defeat my spirit. And you can't either!

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 03:24 PM
link   

The insults are all yours.

"Diapers"? Remember?

"I served my country during that black period in our history. "

How? When?

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I'm too old to worry about these treasonous bastards coming for me now.
They can lock me up but they can't defeat my spirit. And you can't either!

Aye, i think you may be ok charlest2.

Paranoid much.

Props to your dad all the same.

I wonder what he would have made of the Russian invasion of the sovereign nation of Ukraine?

Because of memory serves the US was not too keen on the Russians after WW2.

Subsequent Cold war and all that jazz.
edit on 28-8-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Oh you mean when the right sector and azov guys came and started beating and murdering and torturing anyone who didn't support or spoke out against their coup? Because I remember watching videos of all that happening in 2014. Sure seemed like the people in those areas were not happy with the coup and they definitely got strong armed into shutting up or bad things came their way. There were at the start quite a lot of counter protests to the coup though.

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Its not WWII nor is it the USSR anymore...sounds like you're living in the past. I saw a lot of brutal aggression there in 2014 though...most was against their own people comitted by their own people with the backing of folks who were in the new government. It sounds like you and your source are fans of revisionisims!

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Ah, more revising of history with no links.

Any comment on mine?

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I didn't bring up WW2. I was replying to a poster who did.

Post your videos?

And your opinion of Yanukovych?

link   

Because you rate it.

link   
a reply to: Freeborn

So if Russia engineered a coup in Ireland and installed a freindly puppet government like we did to Ukraine...you'd be fine with that? Maybe a few years down the road Russia puts in a few military bases maybe a naval port...that'd be ok right? I mean if Russia supports a faction that just strong arms the rest of the country into shutting up and going along with it isn't that what the "majority" would appear to want?

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

The insults are all yours.

"Diapers"? Remember?

"I served my country during that black period in our history. "

How? When?

United States Air Force from June 1970 to June 1974. Where and When did you serve?

With an honorable discharge by the way.

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I think Ireland strongly condemned Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

Never mind their constant threat to resort to the use of nuclear weapons.

Just like the other 121 UN nations that did so at the start of Mad Vlads "special military operation" aka war and invasion of Ukraine.

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Sure.

I never claimed that I did?

Falsely, or otherwise?

posted on Aug, 28 2024 @ 03:41 PM
link   

You've seen plenty of videos but refuse to acknowledge them...you've been posting in these threads since this all kicked off. I and many others have posted these videos which show exactly what I said in my last reply. I am not going to waste my time finding and linking these videos over again for you...just because you want to play dumb...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join