It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rioting in Britain

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Maybe shopping for a location to go into exile.

Only half-kidding.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:27 PM
link   
100 protests should wield plenty of videos/live feeds. Please do post if you got em. Isn't it about night time there now?

Sine this same situation is bound to happen here in the U.S. it's important that us, US members pay attention.
edit on 7-8-2024 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:28 PM
link   
From the director of public prosecutions for England and Wales, Stephen Parkinson.

Prosecutors considering terror offences - and warning that retweets could put you on police radar
Some of the alleged offences landing people in court could be classed as terrorism.

That's according to the director of public prosecutions for England and Wales, Stephen Parkinson, who told Sky News he knows of one instance where prosecutors are considering terror offences.

Our correspondent Matthew Thompson, who spoke to him, said Mr Parkinson "wouldn't go into specific details" but repeated claims he would be "looking into the possibility of terror offences".
news.sky.com...

Haven't they seen V for Vendetta.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

About 2.5 hours to go.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Carp,

Will workdays vice weekend days play a role in how many attend the demos, or is unemployment so bad that it is not so much of a factor ?

Cheers

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
From the director of public prosecutions for England and Wales, Stephen Parkinson.

Prosecutors considering terror offences - and warning that retweets could put you on police radar
Some of the alleged offences landing people in court could be classed as terrorism.

That's according to the director of public prosecutions for England and Wales, Stephen Parkinson, who told Sky News he knows of one instance where prosecutors are considering terror offences.

Our correspondent Matthew Thompson, who spoke to him, said Mr Parkinson "wouldn't go into specific details" but repeated claims he would be "looking into the possibility of terror offences".
news.sky.com...

Haven't they seen V for Vendetta.

V for Vendetta.

Where a far right group take power by , among other things, blaming minorities.

That one.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: BedevereTheWise

I would suggest the failure is on the police's part more than mine.

I can remember as far back as the miner's riots was i was a young lad in the 80s put it that way.

Its not supposed to end well, but with a return to law and order, and the bastards responsible for destroying the nation and smashing up our town and cities in the jail.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I would suggest the failure is on the police's part more than mine.

I can remember as far back as the miner's riots was i was a young lad in the 80s put it that way.

Its not supposed to end well, but with a return to law and order, and the bastards responsible for destroying the nation and smashing up our town and cities in the jail.

Which is the job of the police.

Not the army.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:37 PM
link   

What can the Army do that the Police can't? Shoot them?

If rioters were armed with firearms, hopefully not, armed Police can deal with that.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Police are not able to handle the situation and there are 100 planned protests on the cards this evening.

I dont think you really comprehend the seriousness of the situation.

Police are there to enforce and uphold the laws of the land and they are failing.........

Your idea seems to amount to let's just wait and see if they calm down and what happens tomorrow.

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" Albert Einstein.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:43 PM
link   

V for Vendetta.

How do you know they were far right , fascists come in both flavours.

Starmers fascistic intensions are clear , those who don't agree with open borders for all are his minority to be blamed.

Although he may have got his sums wrong.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Police are not able to handle the situation and there are 100 planned protests on the cards this evening.

I dont think you really comprehend the seriousness of the situation.

Police are there to enforce and uphold the laws of the land and they are failing.........

Your idea seems to amount to let's just wait and see if they calm down and what happens tomorrow.

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" Albert Einstein.

400 plus arrests and counting. The actual violence is being conducted by a small minority and there is evidence often by out of towners brought in.

I have doubts of the ability of the far right to have 100 'protests' and even if they can the best people to deal with it are the police.

Unless things get much worse, which I doubt, bringing in the army just increasedld the risk.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:49 PM
link   

V for Vendetta.

Starmers fascistic intensions are clear , those who don't agree with open borders for all are his minority to be blamed.

Christian fascists who discriminate based on religion and ethnicity.

Far right seems the exact right term.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

What can the Army do that the Police can't? Shoot them?

If rioters were armed with firearms, hopefully not, armed Police can deal with that.

As I said , the history of army versus civilians doesn't tend to end well.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BrucellaOrchitis

Many asylum seekers and refugees have been forced to enter the UK by illegal means because the last government shut down the safe routes.

So you agree they are gaining entry illegally according the laws of the UK?
Irrelevant if you disagree with the laws, its still illegal.

If they are genuine cases there is a legal procedure.

Why don't all these immigrants stay in the first safe country they enter after leaving their own?
Why do they risk their lives and pay so much money to illegal traffickers to gain entry illegally into the UK?

You're observations on London are also irrelevant.
I put more store in what friends of mine who live there tell me about the place now and what it is becoming.
For the record; they are of varied races and ethnicities.

And we aren't just talking about London are we, lots of the illegal immigrants are being placed all over the UK, mainly in generally run down, impoverished, white working class areas that are feeling the full brunt of this onslaught and that have been ignored and neglected for decades now.

Of course, every government and administration from Blair onwards has contributed to this negligence and bear a huge responsibility for the current situation and yes, a lot of the anger should be directed towards them as well.

I can not condone destroying property, looting hard working businesses and targeting random people....but I do understand the anger and frustration. Something that seems beyond so many people as they pontificate and moralise from their ivory towers with such pompous arrogance and condescending faux outrage.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 01:04 PM
link   

400 is not a small anything, and the actual figures if they are all apprehended and held to account most likely in the 10,000s across the nation.

It's not just far-right people protesting, same as its not just far-right people rioting.

Most of those baw'bags committing offenses could not tell you much about politics left or right.

And are simply there to cause chaos.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 01:05 PM
link   

V for Vendetta.

The exact same rhetoric was used against the “far right fringe minority” here in Canada by our very own WEF twerp.

After the fact, many of the government’s actions were deemed illegal and unconstitutional. But nothing happened as a result.

The protesters here were made up of people from all nationalities, ethnic backgrounds, and walks of life.
For every one person on the street there were at least ten sitting at home that held the same views.

If they feel the need to bring in the military, which is used to protect the country, because the police are overwhelmed, maybe the authorities should do some soul searching and ask themselves how they pissed off so many of their citizens.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

France is a safe country. Can't we send the boats back there?

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 01:08 PM
link   

400 is not a small anything, and the actual figures if they are all apprehended and held to account most likely in the 10,000s across the nation.

It's not just far-right people protesting, same as its not just far-right people rioting.

Most of those baw'bags committing offenses could not tell you much about politics left or right.

And are simply there to cause chaos.

Possibly true but for convenience happy to lump all the racist holigans targeting migrants together regardless of the sophistication of their political analysis.

Still not a good idea to deploy the army.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BrucellaOrchitis

..... it is far easier for our people to make the distinction and to legitimately deny entry to those boats.

We can 'legitimately' deny entry any way we want, they are breaking the laws of this country - and probably the the laws of the country they are coming from - by trying to gain entry illegally.

As I have explained there is no quick fix and it is certainly not something our government can tackle alone, it is, as I have said, an international mess and requires addressing on that level. To pretend otherwise is disingenuous.

I agree with that 100%....but it would help if they actually acknowledged there was a problem and started addressing it NOW.
And the starting point is to STOP THE BOATS.

We try in this country to police by consent.

I agree with you about The Army, don't need to see them on the streets. Its a dangerous precedent as well.
But does this consent include the blatantly two-tier policing that is in operation at present?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join