It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rioting in Britain

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: BedevereTheWise

Extreme circumstances were half a week back now BedevereTheWise.

I think we are there and then some to be honest.

I disagree. This is a small minority creating a lot of drama and should remain a police operation.

Having army units, who are not trained for this type of operation, would just increase the risk of serious injury or death.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:07 PM
link   
If the army does deploy, just make sure they're not spread so thin that Isandlwana plays out again.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Nobody does, why he does not have the army(or whatever remains of such) on the streets with at least water cannons is quite frankly beyond me.

Because we don't need them to be, or want them on the streets, there are in fact policies and laws in place that prevent that eventuality and for extremely good reasons. If the army were called in, they can only take over the police's security details, they would not be on the actual streets policing. The police appear confident that they can manage and Starmer seems to be respecting and to be showing confidence in that appraisal.

In other news, he is still running the country and the country is still running, and there are signs that Starmer is finding his direction and leaving some of the vaguaries behind.

And, it's a change at least.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:10 PM
link   

How can it be a small minority when the riots are taking place all over England?

And if they are mobbing and rioting BedevereTheWise serious injury or death are on the cards.

Or would you rather wait until they are raping and pillaging?

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:11 PM
link   
What makes you think that the violence was committed by right wing factions. These demonstrations are nothing like the riots, oops sorry, peaceful demonstrations when the George Floyd followers where everybody was burning and looting.
As I've said, look at the footage, it's only a very small group at the front of these gatherings and stop with this racist excuse because that is what that is. If the perpetrator is of a different race then it is about race no question.

Now something for you to think about. What if I were a section of people, knowing this is what was going to happen, just how could I make the best opportunity to swing the narrative in my favour. Well I'd get a few "friends" to act as agent provocateurs' at every gathering, cause mayhem and get the whole gathering labelled as a riot.
Don't you think that that doesn't happen. Too absurd heh, think again.

link   

How can it be a small minority when the riots are taking place all over England?

And if they are mobbing and rioting BedevereTheWise serious injury or death are on the cards.

Or would you rather wait until they are raping and pillaging?

I would rather the appropriate authorities, the police, continue to deal with it.

link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Such a response is also affected, profoundly, by timing. Done swiftly, it can tamp things down. Done too late, it only mightily inflames the situation.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: BedevereTheWise

originally posted by: crayzeed
No! Stop deflecting. What would YOU do if this happened to you and your family and the police and your own government do not or will not stand up and protect you? Sooner rather than later it will get to you then you have to decide and you'd better hope that your community stands with you. Because the hundreds of peaceful demonstrators being labelled as rioter because a very very small minority decide to cause trouble are not going to stop.

The protests aren't peaceful. The are targeting people who had nothing to do with the murder of those children and are being organised by far right groups.

Stop defending racist violence.

You know there are other migrants protesting/rioting as well with those "far right" groups?

Problems the oh so "far" right have raised for decades are ignored, protests are called protests by racists and nothing gets done. People get more angry if theyre ignored or worse painted as racists for their genuine concerns for such a long time.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BrucellaOrchitis

They are not following the law any longer BrucellaOrchitis.

And the ones who choose to commit these serious offenses have no intention of doing so or stopping anytime soon.

Its a game to them you see silly little neds that they are.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Breaking news.

The King has asked to be kept updated daily on protests planned around the UK, Sky News understands.
He is said to be engaging privately in the issues it has generated.
news.sky.com...

"Off with his head , Sir."

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:15 PM
link   

And how's that working out thus far?

100 protests are planned for this evening across England according to the radio.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:15 PM
link   

What makes you think that the violence was committed by right wing factions. These demonstrations are nothing like the riots, oops sorry, peaceful demonstrations when the George Floyd followers where everybody was burning and looting.
As I've said, look at the footage, it's only a very small group at the front of these gatherings and stop with this racist excuse because that is what that is. If the perpetrator is of a different race then it is about race no question.

Now something for you to think about. What if I were a section of people, knowing this is what was going to happen, just how could I make the best opportunity to swing the narrative in my favour. Well I'd get a few "friends" to act as agent provocateurs' at every gathering, cause mayhem and get the whole gathering labelled as a riot.
Don't you think that that doesn't happen. Too absurd heh, think again.

Or simplest explanation it's far right groups committing acts of violence.

edit on 7-8-2024 by BedevereTheWise because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

How could it inflame the situation further?

Its not like there are spare neds not willing to riot yet F2d5thCavv2.

The ones that are out there causing it are the ones that need to be dealt with.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:19 PM
link   

And how's that working out thus far?

100 protests are planned for this evening across England according to the radio.

Since no deaths and damage has been fairly minimal and contained reasonably well so far. Hopefully as the arrests continue it will work even better.

Let's see what happens tonight but I doubt the presence of teenage squadies would help matters.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Gasoline on a fire.

Mind, it may not be too late at this point. But that is indeed a difficult call even for those with access to the most accurate reports and data.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElitePlebeian2

originally posted by: BedevereTheWise

No! Stop deflecting. What would YOU do if this happened to you and your family and the police and your own government do not or will not stand up and protect you? Sooner rather than later it will get to you then you have to decide and you'd better hope that your community stands with you. Because the hundreds of peaceful demonstrators being labelled as rioter because a very very small minority decide to cause trouble are not going to stop.

The protests aren't peaceful. The are targeting people who had nothing to do with the murder of those children and are being organised by far right groups.

Stop defending racist violence.

You know there are other migrants protesting/rioting as well with those "far right" groups?

Problems the oh so "far" right have raised for decades are ignored, protests are called protests by racists and nothing gets done. People get more angry if theyre ignored or worse painted as racists for their genuine concerns for such a long time.

In this case people attacking migrants unconnected with the murders are getting called racists.

Seems accurate to me.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:22 PM
link   

So because nobody has died yet they should be allowed to continue as they please?

Sounds like insurmountable logic to me. LoL

Let's see indeed what happens tonight, but with 100 occasions to kick off.

Good luck getting the bookies, or anybody else to take a bet that it all calms down and everyone goes home happy.

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

He's being kept updated because he knows he and the Royal family are targets too.
If he comes on TV calling for peace, he better chose his words carefully!
Remember the drama done on the play Charles III?
Link
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:26 PM
link   

So because nobody has died yet they should be allowed to continue as they please?

Sounds like insurmountable logic to me. LoL

Let's see indeed what happens tonight, but with 100 occasions to kick off.

Good luck getting the bookies, or anybody else to take a bet that it all calms down and everyone goes home happy.

I'm since I didn't say that and specifically mention more arrests the fail is in your part.

This isn't the first time the UK has seen riots and it won't be the last. The history of deploying the military against civilians rarely ends well

posted on Aug, 7 2024 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: gortex

They are not saying where, which is perhaps understandable.

Dispersal orders have been put in place in a number of locations where intel shows high likelyhood of violence/arson (i.e plans to attack hotels and lawyers houses and offces). The Law Society have serious concerns for safety of solicitors in England and Wales after a list of tonights targets were posted on an extremist Telegram chat but hopefully just keyboard warriors.

The main threats are meant to be in Greater Manchester, North East and North West with MET officers redeployed to those forces with total number being downgraded to a couple of dozen protests with public transport being rerouted to avoid the main targets.

I don't see it being that major myself as only around 20 turned up at the local one and left after five minutes of holding up a Tommy Robinson banner.
edit on 7-8-2024 by bastion because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join