It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kamala Harris Picks Tim Walz As Running Mate

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yep. Nervous about your rabidly polarised politics and how this might affect the rest of us poor sods.

But carry on.

It's beyond childish.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Trump had college deferments.

He had both college and medical deferments. I really couldn't care less about either. Like I've said, the army set the standards by which people could get out of service. He met them, as determined by the army, not by some hack doctor that his dad paid off.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
a reply to: YourFaceAgain

Dispute whether you think they should have been convicted or not. They were. For shooting 31 people and killing 14 including children.

BBC better? UN Criticizes Trump Pardon of Black Water Guards

Or another source? What's acceptable to you?

And Trump is still running on pardoning men on video convicted of violently assaulting the police who were protecting our Capitol.

No, that's not even BBC they're just reporting what the UN said.

The UN thinks it's a war crime if you sneeze on somebody in a war zone. After all the lies they've spread about Israel, they have no credibility either. Not to mention the UN is one of the biggest perpetrators of ACTUAL war crimes, like raping children during "peacekeeping" missions.

The UN just had to fire a bunch of staffers who participated in the Oct 7 massacre with Hamas, where numerous war crimes were committed.

You trust them? You really worship the wrong people. You've got a Michael Brown shrine in your bedroom don't you?
edit on 6-8-2024 by YourFaceAgain because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: burntheships

Can you show me it?

I've honestly not seen that.

I mean modify it maybe after all it is an "amendment" which in itself is a minor change or addition designed to improve the laws/rights.

She is on record stating she will enact mandatory
buyback programs.

Walz already lost support from the NRA.

www.youtube.com...

link   

originally posted by: burntheships
a reply to: andy06shake

Kamala is already on record saying she will take
away the 2nd amendment, and use an executive
order to do so.

This is on record, on video so she owns it.

Even Biden never went that far, probably the
only thing that made him viable.

Yup she’s a full on gun grabber and anti 2A Marxist.
Part of her California story is she also trampled all over their first amendment rights when she went after private donors.
She has shown only disdain for the people and people’s rights she lords over.

Eta: Here is a great video of her bragging about the power she holds with her mighty authoritarian pen…
x.com...
edit on 6-8-2024 by Vermilion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: xuenchen

Yep. Nervous about your rabidly polarised politics and how this might affect the rest of us poor sods.

But carry on.

It's beyond childish.

Well please excuse the rest of us. 😊

This Candidate Walz will be Kamala's downfall. Watch and see. 🍖

link   

But you do have a democracy there is no if.

As is evidenced by the various political mechanisms i have already listed.

Those are not the 'political mechanisms' of a democracy.
They are of a Constitutional Republic

US Constitution Net

One fundamental principle of a constitutional republic is the protection of minority rights against the potential tyranny of the majority. This design counters direct democracy, where majority rules could potentially ride roughshod over minority interests. The U.S. Constitution outlines various checks and balances intended to prevent any single branch of government from gaining absolute power, thereby protecting individual rights from being infringed upon by majority vote.

Another key element of this governance style is the separation of powers among branches of the government, a system meant to foster a balance of power. The legislative branch makes laws, the executive branch enforces these laws, and the judiciary interprets them. Each branch operates independently from the others to prevent any accumulation of power, adhering to the principles laid out by the framers of the Constitution.

The electoral process distinctly forms the basis of the U.S. as a republic. Citizens do not vote directly for laws and policies but instead elect representatives who make these decisions on their behalf. This filter theoretically places an informed decision-making body between the populace's desire and the law, which aligns with the characteristics of a republic.

The rule of law also serves as a cornerstone in a constitutional republic. Unlike monarchies of the past where rulers were law unto themselves, in a constitutional republic such as the U.S., every citizen, irrespective of their status or authority, is subject to the law. This adherence to codified laws confirms the U.S.' attachment to the abstract principles of democracy and to a rational legal framework that governs society's functioning.

link   

And how does a mandatory buy-back program constitute taking away your guns or the Second Amendment?

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 04:24 PM
link   

And how does a mandatory buy-back program constitute taking away your guns or the Second Amendment?

Did you see the word 'mandatory' ....
There ya' go.

link   

originally posted by: burntheships
[
Walz already lost support from the NRA.

He had the NRA's support?

link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

That's because they are the same thing or something very very similar.

Are you really going to try and tell me America is not a democratic nation?

Because if it quacks like a duck and looks like one well..............

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Odd that the same standards don't apply when it comes to attacking Walz' service record but never mind.

link   

Tell me this is sarcasm, please.

link   
a reply to: Vermilion

Full on, and you know she would go as far as
she can if that is her platform before if she
were to be elected.

We would be just like Australia, imagine how
they would go door to door and take them.

She is full on with her Marxist ideology.

link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I see and hear lots of words none of them being her saying I'm going to take away your second amendment.

link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Odd that the same standards don't apply when it comes to attacking Walz' service record but never mind.

I've defended his service record at least two, maybe three times in the last few pages.

Are you even reading the thread?

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Donald seems a little rattled this afternoon. Not sure why he's implying Biden will want to take the nomination back. I mean of course Trump wishes he was running against Biden, but uh, his wishful thinking I guess?

Truth Social

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 04:26 PM
link   

"Mandatory" may mean you must sell your gun(s), or ELSE!! 😀

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Nope, just a simple query?

Will people still be allowed to legally and responsibly own guns?

If that answer is yes then I'm to ponder how its taking away your Second Amendment.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Can you describe what a mandatory buy back program means in your own words please?

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join