It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kamala Harris Picks Tim Walz As Running Mate

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Forbes

Vice President Kamala Harris has chosen Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz to serve as her running mate in the 2024 presidential race, CNN and the Associated Press reported Tuesday, citing unnamed sources—as Harris tries to gain ground on former President Donald Trump with just over three months until the November election.

I was expecting Obama.

Not a very inspiring pick but only way they are winning is dominion imho.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

Safe bet IMO, but also there is a grassroots plan to legalize marijuana...that will bring in votes too.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 08:20 AM
link   
SHOCKED. Guess Shapiros pro-Israel stand was too much for Hamas hugging Harris to handle.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

Safe bet IMO, but also there is a grassroots plan to legalize marijuana...that will bring in votes too.

If Trump were smart he would say he will decriminalize it.

Then contrast that vs Kamala putting untold numbers of black people in jail for it… while doing it herself.

But I don’t think this pick will matter either way to most voters.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I think he will play well here in the Midwest. Veteran, teacher, dad, hunter, he was reelected 5x in the House before he became Governor. Plain, straight forward, no nonsense speaker.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Marijuana is the younger generations' drug of choice, or one of them.

57% of Americans are in favor of the full legalization of marijuana. Also, over half of the country admitted that they have tried marijuana at least once as of 2016. It appears to be just a matter of time before marijuana joins the list of legal drugs that are regulated by the government.

behavioralhealth-centers.com...#:~:text=Similar%20to%20the%20generations%20before%20them%2C%20m illennials%20use,as%20much%20as%2012%25%20of%20millennials%20abuse%20painkillers.

Harris and Walz may be checking all the voter boxes.
edit on q00000025831America/Chicago5555America/Chicago8 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I was leaning toward Kelly on name recognition.

Wrong timing for Shapiro.

So, I read up on Walz. He’s got some pros.

And he doesn’t seem to be overly religious.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Marijuana is the younger generations' drug of choice, or one of them.

57% of Americans are in favor of the full legalization of marijuana. Also, over half of the country admitted that they have tried marijuana at least once as of 2016. It appears to be just a matter of time before marijuana joins the list of legal drugs that are regulated by the government.

behavioralhealth-centers.com...#:~:text=Similar%20to%20the%20generations%20before%20them%2C%20m illennials%20use,as%20much%20as%2012%25%20of%20millennials%20abuse%20painkillers.

Harris and Walz may be checking all the voter boxes.

First of all I'm for the federal legalization of marijuana, but Im not sure I want that as the largest plank in my government's platform. Most states that lean hard toward legalization are already there, not sure it's voter draw it once was.

Right now states are hashing it out pun intended, but with all thats going on, nationally most worry about other issues.

Minnesota was going blue regardless, not sure it will help her win any states she wasn't going to win already, she needs help in Arizona and probably Pennsylvania too

FWIW here's WaPo's take on the most important voter issues, if we believe the polls and I know some of us do. Marijuana legalization might fall under civil liberties at best

edit on p000000318am086 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Most Leftist ticket in US history.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Yea, the economy and the border seem to be a bit higher on the list. Pun also intended.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: CarlLaFong

Yep and it doesn't help her at all in grabbing a swing state

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
SHOCKED. Guess Shapiros pro-Israel stand was too much for Hamas hugging Harris to handle.

Shapiro is a Joo who was in the IDF and is pro-Israel.
Like Nazis...Leftist democrats are hugely anti-Semitic...so this choice was obvious.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: CarlLaFong

Yea, Waltz was the guy Bernie Sanders and the squad were backing.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 08:41 AM
link   

A large part of his base would not like Trump to decriminalise marijuana.

They were simply brought up and taught grass was the demon.

edit on 6-8-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Waltz was the guy Bernie Sanders and the squad were backing.

Yeah .. could the Harris/Walz ticket be any more communist? Geeeze ..

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: putnam6

Yea, the economy and the border seem to be a bit higher on the list. Pun also intended.

LOL, seriously the other two issues make me want to cop a buzz,

have you seen the crap going on in the migrant riots in the UK? Forget the madness that absolutely kills retail businesses in those areas for a long time.

We have areas in the US hit hard by riots that still haven't fully recovered, they were hit by riots and then COVID.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 08:43 AM
link   
She picked? Or did the corporate firms she is being funded by assign him to her? Pretty sure she has no say in it. If she had a say she probably would have just cackled and said a name. There is a strategy to all of this but we we will not know it until election night.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheTardis2
She picked? Or did the corporate firms she is being funded by assign him to her? Pretty sure she has no say in it. If she had a say she probably would have just cackled and said a name. There is a strategy to all of this but we we will not know it until election night.

Likely a few days after, when all the "extra" ballots are counted.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
A large part of his base would not like Trump to decriminalise marijuana.

They were simply brought up and taught grass was the demon.

It's a states rights issue.

Legality of Cannabis

In the United States, cannabis is legal in 38 of 50 states for medical use and 24 states for recreational use

Marijuana isn't really an election year issue, IMHO.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TheTardis2

Sounds rather paranoid.

But if that's the case.

And on the flip side.

Who has their proverbial fist up Trump's behind.

Making his decisions, and/or pulling the strings from behind the curtain?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join