It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kamala Harris Picks Tim Walz As Running Mate

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: YourFaceAgain

Nice try.

Witnesses described how the American men ambushed the civilians unprovoked, firing on Baghdad's Nisour Square with heavy gunfire and grenade launchers.

Link

They were convicted of the crime.
And he's still running on pardoning violent cop assaulters.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Lets face it, Walz was the only one that they could bribe to go down with the USS Harris.

Politico is reporting that Shapiro turned Kamala down LoL
Smart dude.

Would have been smarter if he hadn't first made a fool of himself trying to make himself more appealing to her last week. He backtracked on things that got him elected, like school choice. He softened his support for Israel. Then says "nevermind?" Not that smart if you ask me.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 03:53 PM
link   

So much for mature debate on ATS.

Have a nice day.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

While I could care less (for reasons I'll explain) if the words are said, let's be real why the pledge gets attacked. "Under God". And how it's inclusion has aged.

Eisenhower's executive action was done initially to be anti-soviet propaganda. The godless communists vs God Bless America. Bringing god and country to Vietnam! It is now seen as a deliberate cold war infusion of religiousity that went unopposed because the nation was still over 90% Christian.

Now it's coming under pressure and secular society wants it removed.

You can omit the last 4 words of the enlistment oath, you can omit those same four words in court. Not illegal or a violation of the oath, nor does it render testimony invalid.

It's unconstitutional to force divine belief as a prerequisite for civic duty and violation of civil liberties to do so.

The entire pledge of allegiance drama is over two words no one ever has to legally say. God Bless America, Under god, in god we trust, so help me god, and I'm loving it are all slogans.

And as long as that holds, I will see the same constitutional republic or democracy or whatever it's called.
edit on 6-8-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Politico is reporting that Shapiro turned Kamala down LoL

So basically she was stuck with her last choice,
how ironic since she finished last in her first
run. "not a good feeling" LOL.

Yeah thats a nice way to phrase it.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

But you do have a democracy there is no if.

As is evidenced by the various political mechanisms i have already listed.

Do you not want to be in a democracy?

If not why not?

Because a direct democracy is just shy of tyranny.

A few cities with concentrated populations in the whole country could control what happens to everyone else.

They could vote all water to the cities, not for agriculture.

All engines must be electric.

No one can have guns.

Those things might be good for those few cities, but very bad for all of us who detest cities and live in the country.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 04:00 PM
link   

True.
He put the clown suit on, nose and all.
But I give him props for walking off the titanic before it departed.
This democrat ticket is now a throwaway campaign. 😆

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

Nice try.

Witnesses described how the American men ambushed the civilians unprovoked, firing on Baghdad's Nisour Square with heavy gunfire and grenade launchers.

Link

They were convicted of the crime.
And he's still running on pardoning violent cop assaulters.

Oh that one?
yeah I remember that one too.

What the anti-military Democrat rag NPR doesn't tell you in that article is they were protecting themselves from an approaching vehicle that wouldn't heed to commands to stop. They even fired warning shots.

Now, since you're likely unaware, you should know that there have been many instances in war zones of terrorists approaching checkpoints with car bombs. We lost hundreds of servicemembers this way.

And this was in 2007. In a country that's been under occupation for 4 years, everyone knows you don't just approach soldiers in a vehicle. It's dangerous and they are fully justified in opening fire in self defense. This isn't like cops opening fire on a civilian car. This is a war zone. The rules of engagement are totally different. Our troops aren't expected to let themselves get blown up.

There had just been a car bombing earlier that day. Their actions opening fire on the car were 100% justified.

The rest of what happened was an unfortunate accident. Nearby Iraqi police thought this was some kind of insider attack and started shooting at the Blackwater guards. They returned fire of course, as is again their right to defend themselves. Most of the dead were killed in the ensuing firefight.

This was not a war crime. This was the kind of chaotic and unfortunate thing that happens under the fog of war. That's exactly why the military isn't held to the same legal standards as the average civilian, because they're exposed to situations the average civilian never encounters.

It was a disgrace they were even prosecuted, but this was when we were starting to tuck our tail between our legs and beg the world's forgiveness for Iraq, so the government wanted to make an example of them.
edit on 6-8-2024 by YourFaceAgain because: minor edits for clarity, making paragraphs shorter for the low-attention-span people

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Trump had college deferments.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 04:06 PM
link   

What nerve? You threw down the gauntlet. You are defending him.

Now, this guy, Walz, is a huge POS. I could care less about what he did before he was in office. DUI. Pffft. Don't care. Being in the military to get an education. Again, cannot fault him.

His political record? He is as far left as Kamala. They did not pick a moderate leaning left. He is full on Progressive all the way.

So no, I do not want his guy anywhere near the White House.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Freedom does have its price pianopraze.

And i dont see anyone taking away your guns.

Also, people dont vote in tyrannies where it counts hence the difference really.

Again through like it or lump it you're still on the democracy list.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

So much for mature debate on ATS.

Have a nice day.

What debate? You lie, you get called out on it. That's never gonna be a debate. Post like an adult and don't lie if you wanna actually discuss the issues. I am treating the children on here like children anymore.

link   

So I say "They" will go after him, and YOU say I better not go after him. 😀 You're already nervous about something.

link   
a reply to: Vermilion

I think he was the last one and the only one to agree. I would have gone Corey Booker or Hakeem Jeffries. Strong. May not agree but they are at least semi-alpha. Walz has leather he wears on the weekend without his wife.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 04:10 PM
link   

True.
He put the clown suit on, nose and all.
But I give him props for walking off the titanic before it departed.
This democrat ticket is now a throwaway campaign. 😆

That's not what the numbers say. I know you guys don't believe polls, but even the betting odds are almost dead even.

All the "Never Trump, Never Biden" people are jumping on board, regardless of how bad of a president she'd be.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Kamala is already on record saying she will take
away the 2nd amendment, and use an executive
order to do so.

This is on record, on video so she owns it.

Even Biden never went that far, probably the
only thing that made him viable.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33

While I could care less (for reasons I'll explain) if the words are said, let's be real why the pledge gets attacked. "Under God". And how it's inclusion has aged.

Eisenhower's executive action was done initially to be anti-soviet propaganda. The Evil Empire. The godless communists vs God Bless America. Bringing god to Vietnam. It is now seen as a deliberate cold war infusion of religiousity that went unopposed because the nation was still over 90% Christian.

Now it's coming under pressure, but here's what critics miss. No one forces you to say it, nor would anyone try that had a constitutional mind.

You can omit the last 4 words of the enlistment oath, you can omit those same four words in court. Not illegal or a violation of the oath, nor does it render testimony invalid.

It's unconstitutional to force divine belief as a prerequisite for civic duty.

The entire pledge of allegiance drama is over two words no one ever has to legally say. God Bless America stuff is a virtue slogan!

And as long as that holds, I will see the same constitutional republic or democracy or whatever it's called.

You completely ignore my point and prove it at same time.

They do not want people to understand civics and our Republic. They want mindless sheep, npcs, who they can change the chip and boom, everyone regurgitates new crap. 1984 on steroids.

They do not want well educated, self thinking individuals.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Now, this guy, Walz, is a huge POS. I could care less about what he did before he was in office. DUI. Pffft. Don't care. Being in the military to get an education. Again, cannot fault him.

I'll even give him that. He may have joined to get his GI Bill benefits, but he stayed for 23 years. Most people who join just for the education skate for 4 years and bolt.

His political record? He is as far left as Kamala. They did not pick a moderate leaning left. He is full on Progressive all the way.

So no, I do not want his guy anywhere near the White House.

Agreed. This is what they should focus on. I wouldn't say one word about his military service or the DUI. The guy has supposedly been sober since. Good for him.

He has plenty of red meat to attack. Don't nibble around the edges.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Can you show her saying that?

I've honestly not seen that.

I mean modify it maybe after all it is an "amendment" which in itself is a minor change or addition designed to improve the laws/rights.

It is after all 233 years old.
edit on 6-8-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Dispute whether you think they should have been convicted or not. They were. For shooting 31 people and killing 14 including children.

BBC better? UN Criticizes Trump Pardon of Black Water Guards

Or another source? What's acceptable to you?

And Trump is still running on pardoning men on video convicted of violently assaulting the police who were protecting our Capitol.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join