It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kamala Harris Picks Tim Walz As Running Mate

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Haha, yeah because banter with his teenage daughter and riding rides at the state fair with her gives off such creepy vibes.
Link
Much prefer candidates who takes his young children around sexual predators, and discusses the daughters breast size and how he would date her. Those are good vibes.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: burntheships

Reminds me of Tim Kaine. HRC's running mate. Another whackjob but not as far left.

This guy let cities burn in his own state. I will share this pic as much as I can.

OMG, exactly read my mind on Tim Kaine.

Kind of makes ya wonder if Obama really wants
her to win, or lose like Hillary. It was Obama
after all that told Hillary to pick Kaine.

Makes total sense to think he told Kamala to
pick Tim Walz. That and his love affair with
China, totally creeped out at the moment.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

I will. Army National Guard. One step away from a deferment. He then retired when his unit was going to Iraq. Thank you for your service but he ran when the time came.

As far as deferring to not go to vietnam, again, who cares. It was not our war and none of this men should have died there.

This was also a long time ago. How about we talk about how he let his state burn for a convict? Took away police training making it harder and he also created a special independent unit at the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension for investigations of fatal police encounters and a community relations advisory council to consult with the Police Officers Standards and Training Board on policy changes..

Nothing to protect his cops. Pandering to criminals. He fits right in.

link   
a reply to: underpass61

No.

Read my posts on the situation over here and say that to my face again?

link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I didn't say he dodged the draft. I don't think I've ever used that term about anyone. I never demonized people who, without legitimate deferments, broke the law and ran away to Canada or things like that. So I certainly am not gonna demonize the millions of people who got out of the draft due to legitimate medical deferments, as Trump did.

I have much more of an issue with ignorant people who demonized our troops, rooted for and supported the enemy, and treated our Vietnam veterans like garbage when they came back. It's something I'll never forgive.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Yep. Nerve touched.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: YourFaceAgain

Touched a nerve?

I'm not "the left".

Yeah, I know, another one of you "not the left"s that just parrots the left's propaganda.

It looks like you really didn't like your leftist propaganda being given context. Whose nerve was hit?

ETA:
also just saw you are telling yourself you "hit a nerve" with another member too. What a child, to have to run around the forum telling yourself you "got" us with your drivel. Talk about a username not matching one's actions. You act an awful lot like a 12 year old for an "old" person.
edit on 6-8-2024 by YourFaceAgain because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: andy06shake
The United States is a democracy.

Or more specifically it is a federal republic and a representative democracy.

It is a Constitutional Republic with the institution of a democratic process within that Constitutional Republic of electing representatives. It is not a democracy. This is taught in 8th grade civics class. Pretty basic stuff.

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all,"

US Constitution Net

The United States operates as a constitutional republic, a form of government that involves representatives elected by the people, who execute their duties under the constraints of a prevailing constitution that specifies the powers and limits of government.

They are systematically erasing/changing what they teach in schools.

They also try to remove the pledge of allegiance.

Can’t have the students saying "and to the Republic, for which it stands" while trying to pretend we are not a Republic.

link   
Lets face it, Walz was the only one that they could bribe to go down with the USS Harris.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Right like he's probably promised to pardon those violent criminals when elected?

Oh I'm sorry, I got him confused with the former President.

And we'll just ignore this too:

The fact is, Walz increased funding for law enforcement twice and came out against the controversial Minneapolis city ballot question defeated by voters last year. The governor lobbied for $300 million in extra police funding this year.

Link
edit on 6-8-2024 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Sure she switched Andy. She switched to being an Indian decent for many years to suddenly "Identifying as Black". Not sure she is even a quarter black at all. So you do you, I will stick with she WAS saying Indian Jamaican and now she embraces the blacks she stomped on in Cali. The Black folks are talking about her on the west coast on tik tok/facebook/youtube and they don't appreciate her as much it seems as you do.

edit on 6000000063120248America/Chicago08pm8 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

Seems to me republics are democratic in that they involve elected representatives and uphold certain democratic principles.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

Right like he's probably promised to pardon those violent criminals when elected?

Oh I'm sorry, I got him confused with the former President.

What's Obama got to do with this? Do we need him to pardon some more drug dealers with felony gun convictions while pretending to care about "gun violence?"

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Again she can be both.

Answer a simply question.

What colour was her dad?

And thats all she wrote by my guess.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze

originally posted by: Justoneman

A true libertarian should be for Gov that is so weak, it only protects us from anarchy and foreign invasions.

We should be for you doing whatever if it doesn't hurt people especially our own persons.

Hell yeah!

Sounds good to me.

Trump promised to end one three letter agency. Hope he appoints Paul to the Fed. Ends both that and more three letter agencies.

Unlikely… but a guy can hope…

My wife went to DC a few years back without me since I had been earlier and her family offered. She said the Dept of Education's building stretched for close to a mile. THAT was our money that they spend on themselves and not our kids. Enough said, I am on board with them going the way of the Dodo Bird.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Nice try. President Trump did pardon drug dealers, war criminals, men who shot 17 people including children and if elected promised to pardon men convicted of fracturing Capitol cops skulls, breaking their bones and trying to gouge out their eyes.
But.."Law and order!" " Back the Blue!" Right?

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Lets face it, Walz was the only one that they could bribe to go down with the USS Harris.

Politico is reporting that Shapiro turned Kamala down LoL
Smart dude.

“Why not Shapiro? By contrast, Pennsylvania Gov. JOSH SHAPIRO’s team felt that his own interview with Harris did not go as well as it could have. There was “not a great feeling” coming out of it, according to a person in touch with Shapiro’s advisers. A person familiar with the selection process told our colleagues that, after their meeting on Sunday, Shapiro called Harris’ team and made clear that he was “struggling with the decision to leave his current job as governor, in order to seek the vice presidency.”
www.politico.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Seems to me republics are democratic in that they involve elected representatives and uphold certain democratic principles.

If we were a democracy everyone would vote for President. The one with most votes win.

We are not remotely close to that.

Each state has variations on method, but basically each state has electors it appoints. Those electors are informed by the popular vote in the state, goto D.C and the electors vote for the President.

These electors can even go against what the popular vote of the state was. They are then called Faithless electors.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

Nice try. President Trump did pardon drug dealers, war criminals, men who shot 17 people including children and if elected promised to pardon men convicted of fracturing Capitol cops skulls, breaking their bones and trying to gouge out their eyes.
But.."Law and order!" " Back the Blue!" Right?

Yeah I've seen who the left said were the "war criminals" he pardoned. Troops who came under hostile fire and defended themselves.

Then ya'll turn around and pretend to care about who did or didn't get sent to Vietnam

Keep the hypocrisy coming, please. This thread has been a monument of it.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 03:52 PM
link   

But you do have a democracy there is no if.

As is evidenced by the various political mechanisms i have already listed.

Do you not want to be in a democracy?

If not why not?
edit on 6-8-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join