It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kamala Harris Picks Tim Walz As Running Mate

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
What if I said this foreshadows a complete wipe out of Harris, except for Minnesota something like Reagan 1984.
Impossible you say, not if the 2020 results are counted accurately and a bunch more people jump in for Trump and a miracle prevents all cheating from the DNC, due to a October surprise that decimates the DNC and demoralizes the entire turnout across the country for the DNC.

Seems like very wishful thinking.

We had two October surprises last time, the laptop and the Bubolinksy press conference. The media and Big Tech simply whitewashed both of them and enough voters were unaware of it that Biden still won.

It'll be worse this time. They know what works and have likely refined their methods.
edit on 6-8-2024 by YourFaceAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
The United States is widely recognised as a democracy.

And those people are wrong.

And as is evidenced by regular, free elections, a constitution guaranteeing civil liberties, an independent judiciary, checks and balances among government branches, political pluralism, and mechanisms for accountability.

All of which are part of a Constitutional Republic.
A 'democracy' is something different.

US Constitution Net

One fundamental principle of a constitutional republic is the protection of minority rights against the potential tyranny of the majority. This design counters direct democracy, where majority rules could potentially ride roughshod over minority interests. The U.S. Constitution outlines various checks and balances intended to prevent any single branch of government from gaining absolute power, thereby protecting individual rights from being infringed upon by majority vote.

Another key element of this governance style is the separation of powers among branches of the government, a system meant to foster a balance of power. The legislative branch makes laws, the executive branch enforces these laws, and the judiciary interprets them. Each branch operates independently from the others to prevent any accumulation of power, adhering to the principles laid out by the framers of the Constitution.

The electoral process distinctly forms the basis of the U.S. as a republic. Citizens do not vote directly for laws and policies but instead elect representatives who make these decisions on their behalf. This filter theoretically places an informed decision-making body between the populace's desire and the law, which aligns with the characteristics of a republic.

The rule of law also serves as a cornerstone in a constitutional republic. Unlike monarchies of the past where rulers were law unto themselves, in a constitutional republic such as the U.S., every citizen, irrespective of their status or authority, is subject to the law. This adherence to codified laws confirms the U.S.' attachment to the abstract principles of democracy and to a rational legal framework that governs society's functioning.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: YourFaceAgain

True.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Wait till they go after Walz's military records. 😀

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Wait till they go after Walz's military records. 😀

I'd love to see the change log on his Wikipedia page the last few weeks.

To be clear, my natural inclination is to believe he served honorably unless otherwise demonstrated. I served with plenty of people with whom I have profound political disagreements, but whom I know were outstanding servicemembers.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

You're still a democratic nation FlyersFan.

There is not really any doubt.

And 1 of approximately 20/30 nations classified as "full democracies" around the globe.

Norway
Iceland
Sweden
Finland
Denmark
Switzerland
Netherlands
New Zealand
Canada
Australia
Ireland
Germany
Austria
Luxembourg
Malta
United Kingdom
Estonia
Belgium
Portugal
Spain
Slovenia
Japan
South Korea
Taiwan
Chile
Uruguay
Costa Rica
France
Italy.

Being the rest.
edit on 6-8-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Semantics FlyersFan.?

Sorry, I disagree.
I think it's important to get the words right on this.
Democracy means one thing.
Constitutional Republic means something else.
Simply saying 'democracy' takes away from the Constitution
and that's what holds the country together.

Chins is a constitutional republic but not a democracy.

The UK is a democracy but not a republic.

It's not an either/or situation.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

He served for 24 years.

Whereas DJT dodged the draft.

Probably best you hadn't had a go at Walz' record

It smacks of double standards:

www.businessinsider.com...

"President Donald Trump received military draft deferments five times — once for bad feet and four times for college.
Thanks in part to the deferments, he did not serve in Vietnam.
The president has received criticism for dodging the draft, including from members of Congress. Democratic Sen. Tammy Duckworth, a Purple Heart recipient, once called him "Cadet Bone Spurs."

Hmmm...

edit on 6-8-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: xuenchen

He served for 24 years.

Whereas DJT dodged the draft.

Probably best you hadn't had a go at Walz' record

It smacks of double standards:

www.businessinsider.com...

"President Donald Trump received military draft deferments five times — once for bad feet and four times for college.
Thanks in part to the deferments, he did not serve in Vietnam.
The president has received criticism for dodging the draft, including from members of Congress. Democratic Sen. Tammy Duckworth, a Purple Heart recipient, once called him "Cadet Bone Spurs."

Hmmm...

You guys are still clinging to that?

I've looked into this from a variety of sources, but From your own link:

David Cortright, a scholar and peace activist, found that more than half of the 27 million American men eligible to be drafted during the Vietnam era were deferred, exempted, or disqualified.

It wasn't "rich boy paid his doctor to get out of service" as the left often likes to pass it off.

The army was giving exemptions left and right because we had such a large population that they really didn't need to take anyone who had any defects.

The army set the standards by which Trump was deferred.

The army also selected the doctor who evaluated him in at least one of those deferments.

He had a legitimate disqualification, as determined by the army. For this veteran, it's a non-issue. And disingenuous since, not that long ago, the left was making heroes out of draft dodgers who had NO legitimate exemptions.

Go ahead, do his bankruptcies next. I love the left's simplistic child thinking on that one too.

Or just pretend you care about free speech and other stuff the Left doesn't actually give a # about anymore. The hypocrisy is truly hysterical to watch.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I get the worst vibes from this man...

Its like he is a character out of the Movie
Deliverance. Just kind of a very bad, weird
kind of feeling coming off of him.

edit on 6-8-2024 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Kind of explains why Democrats want Democracy and Republican want a Republic?

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Our constitutional Republic is the bases of our democracy making US a very exclusive and unique country.

link   

Touched a nerve?

I'm not "the left".

link   

You're still a democratic nation FlyersFan.
There is not really any doubt..

We are a Constitutional Republic with a democratic institution of voting within it. But we are not a 'democracy'. I already gave the information showing the difference. The term 'democracy' is misused.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Shhh...

As the top comment says, "God Bless the best American President of all Time - Donald Trump" I don't think irony is really something that gets readily identified. Unless that itself was irony.
edit on 6-8-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Reminds me of Tim Kaine. HRC's running mate. Another whackjob but not as far left.

This guy let cities burn in his own state. I will share this pic as much as I can.

And when Omar supports you I definitely do not want you near the White House.

He also changed the state flag....this is the worst one....notice anything?

This is the Somali Flag

This is the new state Flag

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Kind of explains why Democrats want Democracy and Republican want a Republic?

Like I keep saying, Democrats don't seem to care about democracy. Democrat voters haven't gotten to select their candidate without interference from the party elites since Obama in 2008. The elites actually tried to meddle in that one too, they were just unsuccessful. I couldn't tell you when the last time was that the party leadership completely took their thumb off the scale in the primary.

This time around they tried to have a general election where all opposition was toppled ala a dictatorship. They blackballed Kennedy, tried to jail Trump, and now they're even trying to jail Kennedy.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Big difference between a deferment and quitting once you find out you’re deploying.
Plenty of guys went to college instead.
Stop acting like Trump went to Canada like some sissies did.

Walz took a promotion and signed an extension as part of that promotion.
When he found out he was deploying he quit.
Reneging on his service contract and was rightfully demoted because of it.
He wasted a spot some good soldier should have had and wasted government resources being a pussy.
As a veteran myself, I have respect for most of his service time.
Let’s have a go at Walz record.

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Donald Trump didn't really 'dodge the draft', he made use of the laws at the time in order not to go to war. His college deferments are completely legitimate. I find his deferment because of bone spurs to be very questionable.

Walz did fine with his National Guard service until the end when he found out they were deploying to war and he 'slithered' out (the words of those who were in the military with him .. not my words). He got out and started his career in politics when war broke out. So is that the same as Donald Trump and his "bone spurs" excuse to get out of war? Could be.

BTW ... I"m a veteran and I'm not a democrat (nor am I a republican).

posted on Aug, 6 2024 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Touched a nerve?

I'm not "the left".

Would you prefer, "Defender of the Left"? Because that's literally all that you do here.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join