It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of Ukrainians are fleeing to Russia: the FSB is weeding them out

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone
Free press in the West????
I had a long Homeric laugh))))

Julian Assange won't let me lie))))

edit on 30-7-2024 by RussianTroll because: Add

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

Of course, if a whistleblower in Russia was to release State secrets and stuff critical of your Govt he'd be perfectly free to do so?

No. Gulag for treason.

Try harder.

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
a reply to: quintessentone

Or maybe it would be better to ask the Ukrainians themselves what they are guided by when they emigrate en masse to Russia?

Many Ukrainians from occupied territories were evacuated to Russia by the Russian troops and helped by Russian volunteers. Their houses were destroyed so they had no other choice. Moving west would require crossing the front line, which would be dangerous. The refugees, especially those with little or no money end up being sent to remote and impoverished parts of Russia. Some escape to to the West from Russia if they have enough money.

"The mouth of a bear": Ukrainian refugees sent to Russia

Another reason might be having relatives or friends in Russia.

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: twistedpuppy

That makes sense. Unlike the OP.

"Any port in a storm"?

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
a reply to: twistedpuppy

I would agree with you, but neither Russia declared war on Ukraine, nor Ukraine declared war on Russia and did not introduce martial law. This is a legal rationale.

And by the way, I have many relatives in Ukraine, my own people, who are now fighting against Russia. There are a huge number of cases when there are siblings or father and son on opposite sides of the trenches. This is a classic civil war.

It is absolutely NOT a civil war. Familial relationships have nothing to do with wether or not it is a civil war. Russia invaded the sovereign nation of Ukraine. No matter how you want to rationalize it.

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DoubleDNH

I posted the definition of Civil War.

This is not one.

It's a War. Disguising it with weasel words like "Special Military Operation " fools no one.

It's a War and an invasion of another country with the intent to conquer it.

The conquering bit ain't going so well.

edit on 30-7-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Lol why do we allow russian propaganda here? This is completely untrue. 90% of people in the east are refusing russian passports and licenses. Russia is losing. The war is illegal. First it was about rooting out nazis, then it was about freeing ethnic russians, which is laughable. There are no ethnic russians. Go away.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Iconic

As you may have noticed, I have often called out RT's blatant propaganda and lies.

He's not speaking to me.

But I fully support his right to post on here and certainly would not want to see him banned.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Iconic

Yes, a lot of what RT posts is Kremlin fuelled propaganda but he is a member here of a site that supports freedom of speech and as such has every right.
I passionately disagree with him with regards to the Russian invasion of Ukraine and will continue to voice that whenever I see fit - just as he and others have every right to voice their support of Putin etc.

Censorship, of any kind, should be opposed - even inside Russia.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

It's ironic that some of us from England fully support the right of a Russian to freedom of speech even though he has no such freedom in his own country.

This just shows how civilized and supportive of freedom we are here and on ATS.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Well given the paper tiger the Russian forces have become.

They might just take it without the asking part.

And its not like the Russian Federation has much that could stop them short of a nuclear strike.

The Wagner group goes all “paper tiger” in Mali.

The body count appears to be over 80 now, including the leader of Wagner.

ETA: a graphic video of the aftermath, if you can endure the opening advertisement…

www.bitchute.com...

edit on 31-7-2024 by NorthOS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 11:35 PM
link   
youtu.be... eng title

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: peretc96

No summary - as is generally expected on ATS - but against my better judgement I tried to watch.....but its in Russian.

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: NorthOS

The Tuaregs are a tough people.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: stonerwilliam

What was his name and what was the camp stonerwilliam?

A lot of Jewish people also came here after WW2.

I had an old neighbor, or my grandparents did, called Mr Gooberman.

He used to sit outside with my grandpa in the summers and share some homemade cider.

Some of the stories he would tell along with the visible triangle and letters tattooed on his arm would put the shivers up you and then some.

It was that long ago i cam across a old black and white documentary on television about the camp and the person standing in front of this hut was definitely my old history teacher as a younger man .

I was told as a kid by my grandfather and the ww2 vets that were about that this man was a Gestapo B#*****d and during a lesson one day he told us while at university the students there had cooked some human skin and got other students to taste it unknowingly and they thought it was bacon ??

The black and white documentary I saw Andy panned out and showed you small groups of people around camp fires with the statement that cannibalism had broken out there !!

This man had also taught my mother at the school and she also remembered him being there years before that , He left school suddenly and went down hill rapidly with Atltzimers/Parkinsons ( sp ) , One morning as I was flying down the village in my bike he stepped out in front of me looked at me weirdly as announced, I was only a guard ?? ,9 or so years later I would see the black and white documentary one afternoon on the television and it all made sense , But who ever wrote the part of Herr Flick in Alo Alo must have known Herr Fleck who trained Scottish fencing champions for decades .

A lot of foreign servicemen stayed on over here Polish and Canadian etc but also a lot of Germans who were given/bought refuge status as they were definitely upper class people in the way they acted and dressed
edit on 1/8/2024 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Cheers for the story stonerwilliam.

My thinking being mate, and considering what they perpetrated, god knows what would have happened if one of the Jewish people who also came here after WW2 came across one of these ex-Nazi German immigrants on the streets?

I suppose it may even have happened small world and all that jazz.

Take what they get would be my thinking on the matter.
edit on 1-8-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

It was the hatred of the Japanese that I remember being the worst among the ww2 vets , they even refused to have anything mamufactured in Japan in the house .

Yet I did not hear them ever call German people anything bad bar my history teacher who was called a Nazi B under their breaths .

My grandfather had served until 47-48 and had ferried many men from that part of the world and seen horrors and nuke explosions and all the stories I heard as a small kid all checked out when I started looking into them

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 04:45 AM
link   

My grandpa's carrier HMS Searcher was all over the Pacific theatre of war.

I loved my grandfather's stories about the war when i was a lad.

I try and tell my own kids the same tales, and i can just about remember my grandpa's accounts word for word.

But they just don't have the same impact.

Props to your grandfather stonerwilliam.

edit on 1-8-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn press translate subtitles, I was bothered by the number of questions in the questionnaire there are 33 of them. by the way the colors of the flag have meaning including apprentice, journeyman, master

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 06:13 PM
link   
An interesting fact, people who think all of palestine belongs to jews because "jews were living in there for a long time so its their land" CONVENIENTLY forget russians were living in "ukraine" way before "ukrainians" existed. And, as if that is not enough, none of those people even know about "ukrainian" coup in 2014.

Russian people brainwashed by west rose up against their government, hundreds of people died, thousands got injured but atleast they got their so called "freedom" and "democracy", right? They can thank the western propaganda for that. Oh wait, they are still dying because they forgot they are russians, not "ukrainians". They are literally paying the price of falling for the western propaganda with their lives. Meanwhile, "the west" is busy with selling them weapons, profitting from "ukrainian" misery in multiple ways. Yes, I said multiple ways. For example, testing their new equipment, weapons and vehicles in a war without ever putting themselves in danger. Seriously, is there a better way to do it? I doubt there is. "ukrainians" Shouldn't have believed all that non-sense from the west.

Russians are right about this "war". And they were right to call it an operation rather than a war. They weren't expecting western propaganda to be this effective, they weren't expecting their fellow people would fall for it so badly. I guess promises of "democracy" and "freedom" works wonder on some people, even if they don't actually get any of them in the end. Now, "ukrainians" are farthest from democracy and freedom, all thanks to western influence. But it doesn't matter, who cares about "ukrainians", am I right? It is just yet another proxy war between usa and russia, except this time russia is fighting for their own land, rather than fighting for preventing usa from taking over yet another country and turning it into its puppet.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join