It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of Ukrainians are fleeing to Russia: the FSB is weeding them out

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

They are creating something CriticalStinker..........

As to partners well where Russia is concerned more like China's bit@h methinks.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Once all of this is over, I’m sure China will look for repayment in the form of fresh water rights or Manchuria.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Well given the paper tiger the Russian forces have become.

They might just take it without the asking part.

And its not like the Russian Federation has much that could stop them short of a nuclear strike.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
a reply to: twistedpuppy

I would agree with you, but neither Russia declared war on Ukraine, nor Ukraine declared war on Russia and did not introduce martial law. This is a legal rationale.

And by the way, I have many relatives in Ukraine, my own people, who are now fighting against Russia. There are a huge number of cases when there are siblings or father and son on opposite sides of the trenches. This is a classic civil war.

It doesn't matter.
Ukraine wasn't a part of Russia when the war started but a separate and internationally recognized country. This is enough to state that it's not a civil war.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Do you remember that Poland experienced 2 divisions among its neighbors, and even for a long time became part of Russia - the Warsaw province?))))
And there was very little independence between these two sections.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Perhaps it's a Civil Special Military Operation?

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

Considering Poland reestablished its independence after World War I.

With the Treaty of Versailles more than 100 years ago.

I'm apt to ponder why that is relevant in today's world, given the current geopolitical climate.

People and history remember lots of things.

It does not mean we wish to see a return to such times.

The Soviet Union fell apart and the Warsaw Pact is a thing of the past.

You and Putin will at some point simply have to accept that fact.

Poland is now part of NATO and chose to join of their own volition.

Same with Sweden and Finland for that matter.

Where Putin pretty much drove them straight into the hands of NATO.

By way of committing his sad act of depravity and invasion of Ukraine.
edit on 29-7-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 11:38 AM
link   

He wanted less NATO on his borders.

Now, he's got more.

Genius 😂 😎!

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 01:04 PM
link   

So, is not War, is just a local "difficulty"?

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The posts were too long for me to read, got through the first and saw two more. My eyes are tired, I could not finish it all to see the conclusions drawn. I suppose I can't say anything, I make long drawn out posts sometimes...well, most times. I will attempt to curtail my long posts in the future, thanks for opening my eyes to this RT.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Dude the BS is all over your post history. The way you behave all the time is just taking ats down the drain imho. Narrow minded leftist I would guess.

Thanks @op for the topic.

originally posted by: andy06shake

Bullsh@t.

And just more Russian propaganda designed to do nothing more than sow division and spread discontent.

It dont work RT and your game rather plain.

Anyhoo, and as always, freedom to Ukraine and down with Putin's piss-poor invasion farce.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Popoll

Oh dear looks like a rattled a cage.

I won't care to speculate as to what you are "dude", manners and all that jazz.

And cheers for the free headspace but probably best to stick to the topic of the thread.

As opposed to your fascination or personal opinion of other members, and/or their post-history, TnC and all that jazz.

Now where you're simplistic and pathetic "narrow minded leftist" comment and attempt at misguided judgment is concerned.

I suggest you take a swig of your own rightwing medicine there, you obviously like the taste, not that it will help you see straight.

Anyhoo and as always.

Freedom to Ukraine and down with Putin's Russian scum invasion farce.

Have a nice day.

edit on 29-7-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

In Russia, more is less?

I don't think Putin cares about the future carpy2 nor the borders that will ultimately materialise anywhere else but Ukraine.

Because he knows fine well, unless he and his forces can win this war, which they clearly cannot.

Or attain peace somehow, whilst making it seem like a win.

Then his days on this Earth are numbered.

Because his own people will slaughter him.

It's not like they dont have form where eating their own is concerned.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Sorry, I tried to read this but….

All I got outa that mess was lace panties, handjobs, and someone got pregnant.

I can’t tell who was going where.

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 02:03 AM
link   

a reply to: stonerwilliam

I agree with you.

I grew up RT with many German people around me not long after WW2 , I always wondered what had brought them to a country that they had just fought a war with and found out later in life that Britain also had a system similar to operation paperclip .

There was Nazi re- education camps close to where I lived after WW2 secretscotland.org.uk...

All the German people I knew as a child were nice people , but I knew even at a young age these people were upper class and had come from rich back grounds by the way they carried themselves and after what we did to the German people after WW2 I do not blame them for not wanting to go home .

In the mid 90s my elderly neighbour Heinz went home for the first time since WW2 and could not remember how to speak German, The men shocked me as they were in their late 80s and looked much younger than their years but they all were productive members of society and decent human beings .

I became good at history in school to get my hand up first in a Nazi salute to my history teacher who had been in charge of a concentration camp , How that man ever put up with a young me doing that is beyond me
edit on 30/7/2024 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

edit on 30/7/2024 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 03:34 AM
link   

What was his name and what was the camp stonerwilliam?

A lot of Jewish people also came here after WW2.

I had an old neighbor, or my grandparents did, called Mr Gooberman.

He used to sit outside with my grandpa in the summers and share some homemade cider.

Some of the stories he would tell along with the visible triangle and letters tattooed on his arm would put the shivers up you and then some.

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 04:39 AM
link   

The reality here is that vulnerable Ukrainians were forced to leave their country perhaps to face the human traffickers or used as migrant workers in other countries, a life most of us would never think about having to live. Is it any wonder these people are still migrating to find any type of life that would offer them hope for their future?

www.migrationdataportal.org...

Edit: In all likelihood it is desperation that leads them to Russia nothing else.
edit on q00000055731America/Chicago0505America/Chicago7 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Thanks for the amazing story!

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Or maybe it would be better to ask the Ukrainians themselves what they are guided by when they emigrate en masse to Russia?

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 09:17 AM
link   

a reply to: quintessentone

Or maybe it would be better to ask the Ukrainians themselves what they are guided by when they emigrate en masse to Russia?

Any Ukrainian at the Russian border trying to migrate there will have no free press asking them anything, even if press was there asking them, what do you think those people would say? They would say anything to get in because it may mean certain death if they said the wrong thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join