It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of Ukrainians are fleeing to Russia: the FSB is weeding them out

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

So, did Cuba commit terrorist attacks in the USA for 10 years? Cuba is a sovereign state, and the United States still occupies part of Cuban territory and maintains a military base in the occupied territory.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

So, did Cuba commit terrorist attacks in the USA for 10 years? Cuba is a sovereign state, and the United States still occupies part of Cuban territory and maintains a military base in the occupied territory.

Eh, that’s a fair critique.

Though I’d offer the Black Sea naval base was comparable, and arguably what started the conflict with Russia taking Crimea out of fear they’d lose the lease after Ukraine joined the EU.

Edit: what terrorist attacks did Ukraine commit inside or Russia?
edit on 29-7-2024 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

But for us, this is a civil war between relatives.

Don't call it a civil war. This is not Hutus vs Tutsis dysfunctional family war although it might look the same. Ukraine has been a sovereign state with internationally recognized borders. Russia was among other countries that recognized its independence. At least be honest enough to admit that your country is at war with another country.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Until 2022, a huge number of terrorist attacks were committed against Russia by Ukraine. All information is easy to Google. If you are lazy, then I can do it, although it will take some time.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: twistedpuppy

I would agree with you, but neither Russia declared war on Ukraine, nor Ukraine declared war on Russia and did not introduce martial law. This is a legal rationale.

And by the way, I have many relatives in Ukraine, my own people, who are now fighting against Russia. There are a huge number of cases when there are siblings or father and son on opposite sides of the trenches. This is a classic civil war.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 09:34 AM
link   
After getting my thumb tired from scrolling his repetitive message in its several parts and seeing no responses, it is clear that he knew he had no adequate response to his "copy and hit send" form of "communication and was simple showering us with BS. In other words, he is mocking Putin. --Was that intentional or a drastic mistake?

reply to: RussianTroll

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

a huge number of terrorist attacks were committed against Russia by Ukraine.

My understanding being most documented violence occurred within Ukraine.

Where were there terrorist attacks on Russian soil prior to invasion of Crimea?

Im sure there may be some all the same.

But if you are making the claim you probably should indeed present the evidence to support such and "do it" like you suggest.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 09:37 AM
link   

But for us, this is a civil war between relatives, ....

It's NOT a civil war.
This is Russia invading the sovereign country of Ukraine.
This is Russia slaughtering Ukrainians.
This is a war of aggression and Russia is the bad guy.

Any Russian calling this a civil war is brainwashed by Putin.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Russia's targeting of civilians is by definition, terrorism:

www.theatlantic.com...

"According to the U.S. criminal code, terrorist acts are “violent acts” with these goals:

(i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population;

(ii) to influence the policies of a government by intimidation or coercion; or

(iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination or kidnapping."

"If you haven’t heard of Serhiivka, that’s not surprising. A very modest vacation community—resort is too grand a word—it sits in the Dniester River delta, alongside a lagoon that opens up into the Black Sea. If you haven’t heard of the bombing of Serhiivka, that’s not surprising either. Random attacks on random places, far from the front lines and with no military significance whatsoever, are now a daily occurrence in Ukraine. According to Oleksander Chechytko, a prosecutor who was collecting evidence in Serhiivka when I visited, three Kh-22 bombs hit the town on the night of July 1. The Kh-22 is an anti-ship missile produced in the 1960s. It was designed to hit warships, but there are no warships in Serhiivka. There are no military objects in Serhiivka at all, Chechytko told me. The nearest military installation, he said, is at least five kilometers away."

edit on 29-7-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-7-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Until 2022, a huge number of terrorist attacks were committed against Russia by Ukraine. All information is easy to Google. If you are lazy, then I can do it, although it will take some time.

I googled it, but I imagine you’re using loaded language to make that case.

If you won’t come out and show some of the instances, I assume you’re speaking of Ukraines conflict in the East post 2014 and pre 2022.

Russia kind of stirred the pot by sending Russian separatists to instigate the area to succeed. Many believe this was so Russia could get a land bridge to the newly acquired Crimean peninsula.

I’m open to see where Ukraine directly sponsored terrorism inside of Russia though. Because if not… Saying Ukraine was committing terrorism against Russia by trying to maintain control of that region would open the door for saying Russia is committing terrorism against Ukraine by trying to take said regions.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan
I'll wait until you run out of slogans. After all, we are not at a rally, but at a discussion forum among adequate people.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I'll wait until you run out of slogans.

That's not slogans .. thats the truth.

It's NOT a civil war.

edit on 7/29/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 09:42 AM
link   

They invaded a sovereign nation.

That Russia recognised and promised never to invade.

To call it a civil war is quite frankly ludicrous as RT well knows.

Just more clown shoes Russian propaganda and sad pathetic justification FlyersFan.

Plain as day and for all to see.

Hence the international condemnation from just about every nation on Earth.
edit on 29-7-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 09:45 AM
link   

If I start, like you, throwing out slogans about what your countries are doing to entire nations, it will take up 100 times more space than you do.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Russia's targeting of civilians is by definition, terrorism:

www.theatlantic.com...

"According to the U.S. criminal code, terrorist acts are “violent acts” with these goals:

(i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population;

(ii) to influence the policies of a government by intimidation or coercion; or

(iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination or kidnapping."

I think Russia lost any chance at moral footing when they purposefully targeted grain (that was destined for third world countries) and infrastructure like electricity in the dead of winter.

Ukraine isn’t without their blemishes in this war. But if we look, it all started in 2014 with the Russian annexation of Crimea followed by their presence in the Donbas.

On one hand Russia wants to tell the world that we have to respect their sphere of influence, and certain countries aren’t allowed self determination in what trade deals they’re apart of. On the other hand, they want to say they have more right to another sovereign nations land than they do.
edit on 29-7-2024 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Civil War

noun A war between factions or regions of the same country.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 09:47 AM
link   

If I start, like you, throwing out slogans...

I have posted no 'slogans'. I'm posting the truth.
YOU are posting a Russian slogan by claiming this is a civil war.
That's a boldfaced LIE.

It's NOT a civil war.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Civil War

noun A war between factions or regions of the same country.

Yeah ... and Russia and Ukraine are separate sovereign nations.

So the Russian propaganda calling this a 'civil war' is bullsh!t.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Hence the international condemnation from just about every nation on Earth.

That’s not fair Andy.

Russia has strong support from countries who strongly believe in self determination of their own people. Like Iran, North Korea, China, and Belarus.

They’re creating a partnership to combat authoritarianism of the west.

posted on Jul, 29 2024 @ 09:49 AM
link   

That is, indeed, the correct terminology for it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join