It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of Ukrainians are fleeing to Russia: the FSB is weeding them out

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: twistedpuppy

Your theory that Ukrainians became anti-Russian and felt different from the Russians in 2014 after the coup supposedly sponsored by the US is ridiculous.

So you are saying, one day, out of nowhere, people wake up and decided "f... russia, lets be pro west!" without any western influence whatsoever?

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

Ah. so one article from a Russian state sponsored website, with no links to any real evidence to prove your claims. It's got to be an RT post!!!

How about some real news RT?

www.aljazeera.com...

‘I no longer have a country’: Antiwar Russians who fled unlikely to return

Evgeniy Kosgorov, a 38-year-old from Krasnodar, left Russia in June 2022 with his wife and a one-month-old son in his arms.

Since the invasion of Ukraine, he has seen his homeland as a villainous state bound to follow the path of Nazi Germany, a country with no future and one he wanted nothing to do with.

In a new study, based on several rounds of interviews with close to 10,000 Russian political exiles, Russian researchers Ivetta Sergeeva and Emil Kamalov found that 49 percent of respondents felt strong guilt for the war, while 59 percent felt strongly responsible for it.

How about a link to the study?
osf.io...

You Can Leave The Autocracy, But Will The Autocracy Leave You?

By examining the case of Russian emigration following the full-fledgedinvasion of Ukraine in 2022, we demonstrate how the direct and indirect actions of autocratic homecountries can undermine the subjective well-being of migrants. Utilizing a unique panel survey andin-depth interviews, our findings reveal that the actions of autocratic home countries are significantlyconnected to the migrants’ well-being, often more so than traditional determinants like income andemployment. Fears of transnational repression, instilled by the Russian government and widespreadamong Russian migrants, correlate with a reduction in subjective well-being comparable to the effectsof income loss and unemploymen

Here's another article, unlike just your one link to Russian propaganda...
www.independent.co.uk...

Thousands of Russian soldiers are fleeing Putin’s war in Ukraine – they have nowhere to go

If the choice was death or a bullet to the leg, Yevgeny would take the bullet. A decorated hero of Russia’s war in Ukraine, Yevgeny told his friend and fellow soldier to please aim carefully and avoid bone. The tourniquets were ready.

The pain that followed was the price Yevgeny paid for a new chance at life. Like thousands of other Russian soldiers, he deserted.

“I joke that I gave birth to myself,” he said, declining to give his full name for fear of retribution. “When a woman gives birth to a child, she experiences very intense pain and gives new life. I gave myself life after going through very intense pain.”

Yevgeny made it out of the trenches. But the new life he found is not what he had hoped for.

Five officers and one soldier who deserted the Russian military have given interviews. All have criminal cases against them in Russia, where they face 10 years or more in prison. Each is waiting for a welcome from the West that has never arrived. Instead, all but one live in hiding.

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
Ukraine wants to be independent and express their own cultural heritage which was/is suppressed by Russia.

What cultural heritage? They are literally same as russians but are called "ukrainians" nowadays. Their EVERYTHING is basically same except the colors of their flag and the name they are using.

The Irish are their own people and they now chose their own way in life, no-one has any issues with that.
All Ukraine wants is exactly the same.

Weird, "ukrainians" want peace but they've chosen going to war with russia despite not all of "ukrainians" agreeing with that. They must think dying in a meaningless war brings peace to them. I hope that's true, for their sake. Meanwhile, pro-russia "ukrainians" already moved to russia to save their own lives and are far away from their homes, probably living in worse conditions all thanks to "peace wanting ukrainians" who decided peace = war with russia.

And remember, all that happened without any western influence to say for example weaken russia.

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: jofafot

CONVENIENTLY forget russians were living in "ukraine" way before "ukrainians" existed.

You should maybe read a bit of History...

It is uncertain how the state of Kievan Rus' came to be, but the Varangian nobleman Oleg the Wise is generally credited with having established a principality at the city of Kiev somewhere around the year 880. Kiev had already been established, but its origins are nebulous as well. According to archaeologists and historians such as Petro Tolochko (2007), Slavic settlement existed from the end of the 5th century in the area that later developed into the city. Kiev may have paid tribute to the Khazars before Oleg conquered it.

Russia evolved out Kievan Rus', so if you really wanted to bepedantic Kiev owns Russia and not the other way......

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: stonerwilliam

My grandpa's carrier HMS Searcher was all over the Pacific theatre of war.

I loved my grandfather's stories about the war when i was a lad.

I try and tell my own kids the same tales, and i can just about remember my grandpa's accounts word for word.

But they just don't have the same impact.

Props to your grandfather stonerwilliam.

Yip childhood was interesting Andy , Most kids now do not realise or know what Ww2 was about if it's not on Facebook to Tik Tok it never happened .

One story I heard as a kid many times was late one night in Canada my grandfather had nearly been killed by falling gold bars from a cargo net where a wooden box had broken apart inside it as it was being unloaded .

He never made a big thing of the gold bars angle but when he told the story it was how close he came to being killed by them , and when I found information online years ago about how HM government had shifted the countries gold reserve of 30.000 + TONS of gold to Canada and unloading it at 2 am I knew that was not a story .

Where did all that gold go
Then add in the golden lily ,Yama#as gold en.m.wikipedia.org... and what Hitler was up to in the south of France with the troubadour gold stash

Kids would definitely not believe that one or the late queen was turning up at gold vaults in London getting her picture taken in the vaults with all the gold , then off for a cup of builders tea so they could rush the bars to the next vault for a picture while the latè queen kept them occupied.

edit on 4/8/2024 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 07:11 AM
link   

They are literally using the same alphabet, speaking very similar if not the same words, have similar looks, using same vehicles, weapons, equipment...

Wrong.
Language....
blog.duolingo.com...

So while Ukrainian and Russian are distinct linguistically, there is an important asymmetry to be aware of: even though most Russians don't know or understand Ukrainian because it's a different language, most Ukrainians know and understand Russian.

The rest isn't worth responding to as this is more about capitalism and left overs from the USSR invasion of Ukraine and then collapse.

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 07:16 AM
link   

"Weird, "ukrainians" want peace but they've chosen going to war with russia despite not all of "ukrainians" agreeing with that."

Chose to?

They were invaded.

Jeeezus....

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

"Weird, "ukrainians" want peace but they've chosen going to war with russia despite not all of "ukrainians" agreeing with that."

Chose to?

They were invaded.

Jeeezus....

What you vote for and get can be 2 different things

If only they didn't vote for peace with some actor leading the way ,

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 07:37 AM
link   

So the War was Zelensky's fault?

Reagan was an actor, too. Didn't do a bad job as President, did he?

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 08:17 AM
link   

What cultural heritage? They are literally same as russians but are called "ukrainians" nowadays.

That's because they are Ukrainian - they became an independent country 24th August 1991 - 33 years ago.
Russia was a signatory to The Budapest Memorandum guaranteeing Ukrainian independence.

Yes, there are similarities in their respective cultures but there are also significant differences. And most importantly of all Ukrainians consider themselves to be Ukrainian, they want to be independent and have no desire whatsoever to experience Russian subjugation, again.

Weird, "ukrainians" want peace but they've chosen going to war with russia despite not all of "ukrainians" agreeing with that.

They didn't have any say in the matter - Putin invaded Ukraine, NOT the other way round.
Would you have preferred to see Ukraine roll over onto its back like a spineless coward and just let an invasion force take their country over?
Would YOU do that?

So, again; do you think there are any similarities between The Republic of Ireland and its independence and Ukrainian independence?
Perhaps you may even elaborate and try to explain your answer?

edit on 4/8/24 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Ukrainians wanted to be aligned with Europe rather than Russia. Unsurprising given their history.

The Russian stooge Yanukovych scuppered that which was not exactly popular.

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 08:40 AM
link   

So the War was Zelensky's fault?

Reagan was an actor, too. Didn't do a bad job as President, did he?

He did ride in on a platform for peace initially and did a good job of acting the part but I think their my be more to the mash up photos of him and George Soros than meets the eye considering the bank balance of ZelenskI and the way he is imposing dictatorship powers on Ukraine.

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 08:51 AM
link   

.....and the way he is imposing dictatorship powers on Ukraine.

What 'dictatorship powers'?

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 09:10 AM
link   

considering the bank balance of ZelenskI

So you've got a link to this bank balance other than promoting Russian propaganda?

and the way he is imposing dictatorship powers on Ukraine.

Do you mean a country on a war footing which is under under invasion from an aggrestor?

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Do you think all the Western aid was in cash wired to his bank account?

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Ukraine Is Still Too Corrupt to Join the West

Ukraine’s strategy of defeating Russia by joining the West’s political community and security institutions has been undermined by its continued struggles with corruption, a problem that is still far beyond Western standards. The issue extends to the center of the Ukrainian state. Top judges, politicians, and officials have faced corruption charges, and the Ministry of Defense has been at the heart of many corruption scandals, such as procuring overpriced eggs and winter jackets, buying 100,000 mortar shells that were never delivered, or accepting bribes from men who wanted to escape conscription.

foreignpolicy.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Imhere

Then you will no doubt join me in condemning your boy Yanukovich in corruptly trousering some 70 Billion?

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Then you will no doubt join me in condemning your boy Yanukovich in corruptly trousering some 70 Billion?

“My boy” Yanukovich?

You’re probably jumping to conclusions to when I mentioned that a duly elected president was ousted in the 2014 maidan coup lol.

Which you started calling him “my boy” now. Like I was in Ukraine and voted for him or something lol

Calm down.

Glad you’re acknowledging the rampant corruption with the officials in Ukraine. It’s not a shocker to anyone that Ukraine is considered one of the most corrupt countries in Europe. However I’m guessing you’re going to bring up other corruption in other countries next as an attempt to deflect.

Is Victoria Nuland your “girl”??

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Nope. I can't be bothered.

Anyway, I thought that one had to be in Ukraine at the time to have a view?

As you weren't I shall, using your logic, take your opinions with a very large pinch of salt.

And treat them with any due possible respect.

PS. You forgot to mention Bandera/Azov Nazis.
edit on 4-8-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2024 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Nope. I can't be bothered.

Anyway, I thought that one had to be in Ukraine at the time to have a view?

As you weren't I shall, using your logic, take your opinions with a very large pinch of salt.

And treat them with any due possible respect.

PS. You forgot to mention Bandera/Azov Nazis.

You’re acting aloof now? I’m an American and have been posting on this site for well over a decade.

You might be surprised but there’s a lot of us in the states that have been watching the situation from a full spectrum point of view because it’s complex given the history etc.

Then there’s also a lot of Americans from many different backgrounds etc that can’t locate Ukraine on the map, much less give a rats ass about the situation.

Apparently you’re British lol and not from Ukraine. So any opinion coming from you can be taken with a pinch of salt as well.

edit on 4-8-2024 by Imhere because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join