It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The emperor still has no clothes

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: MrGashler
a reply to: quintessentone

My absolute favorite phrase when it comes to leftists and their rabid hatred for people with more money than them.
"Their fair share".
How about you start by defining what a "fair share" is.

I will leave that to the very capable Kamala Harris and it's easy enough for you to listen to her so you can learn what you need to know about what a 'fair share' a 'fair shake' and the difference between 'survive' and 'thrive'.

There's that conservatism you were talking about, you're not a lefty at all. Heh.

Kamala can't even talk without cackling, hard to take her serious. Especially the way she tries to make everything she says some sort of philosophical riddle.

Again, I am not, I feel Harris' economic plan will help the middle class and that is not left thinking, it's all people thinking.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 10:44 AM
link   

You did though. You're literally telling me to look at someone elses definition of what their fair share is.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Again, could you please stop projecting your short comings onto others?

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: wAnchorofCarp

You do understand that raising taxes for corporations raise prices for the middle class, right?

That is also in conjunction with inflation.

If you could stop projecting your own short comings onto "most people/voters" that would be terrific.

Thanks.

Give the people more money to stimulate the economy and stop government overspending.

That requires a balance. When Trump lowered taxes across the board, businesses were able to give out raises and bonuses across the board. That's how you stimulate an economy but for some reason, democrats hated it. They know how to make the economy good, the blueprint is there, they just don't want to admit Trump's policies were good so they're trying different ways and they're all failing. It's like needing an entire sheet of paper to get the answer for 2+2 when everyone should be smart enough to know it's 4 already.

You know very well what all government administrations do with economic strategies, don't work in the long term or only appear to work for the short term...see: runaway national debt. Some new thinking is needed.

Lowering taxes helped everybody with a job benefit and stimulated the economy. When you have more money, you buy more things. When you buy more things, you grow the economy. The only way that can work is if the rich business owners benefit so they don't have to raise their prices and cause the new costs to break even with the old ones before the tax cuts.

If raising minimum wage to a ridiculous amount wasn't enough evidence then I don't know what to tell you. One couple will spend $25+ bucks to eat at a fast food place now, so that minimum wage increase did nothing. Sure you make more money, but what good is more money when you go from paying $5.99 for a meal to paying $9.99? It's neither logical nor reasonable. Zero common sense was attempted with that.

Again, probe Harris' economic plans and if you can find out Trump's economic plans (which don't exist) then compare the two, that should be your mission.

Trump's plan already worked once, I trust it to work again. Harris' is just words to get a vote like every politician since Bush I and his "read my lips, no more taxes" speech.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4
a reply to: network dude

Is ATS just a far right echo chamber for the MAGA crowd now?

Im not seeing the point of coming here anymore.

Shame really

People are opening their eyes to what the left is bringing to the table. Can't be mad about that. I know republicans were supposed to all be old white people and dying off, but that wasn't true in 2009 and it's not true today. More and more youngsters are seeing the light.

Does everyone notice Kamala's Vice President picks, they all will appeal to the older white male, just saying.

Am I'm just saying that we don't vote on appearance, color, or sex. I base my vote on policies because I'd like to see this country flourish. No candidate will ever have policies that attract all of their supporters, but at least Trump has policies.

Are you being serious right now?

Yup.

2nd

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

I am not a leftie so I guess I am a middle of the road common senser.

you might not admit it, but you posts sure do. middle of the road folks don't support 2/3 of the lefts ideas.

Yahoo article citing a Wall Street Journal article that 's behind a paywall,

In fact, 63% of new audits as of Summer 2023 targeted taxpayers with income of less than $200,000, according to figures compiled by The Wall Street Journal’s editorial board, which then dubbed the $200,000 man the “IRS’s most wanted.”
IRS’s Most Wanted: The $200,000 Man Sixty-three percent of new audits last year were aimed at middle-class filers.

As I stated over and over, I vote depending on the issue and there are many issues that I flip flop on. You all fail to realize, ATS is decidedly right leaning or even MAGA cultish, so, of course, it would appear that way to some of you.

Yes, me also.

What gets me is the Right is completely blind to the fact they are all about control.

The irony.... It's..... It's...... It's almost too much with..... This........ One.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: SourGrapes
a reply to: wAnchorofCarp

With donations falsely made in their names. You WILL donate money and support this candidate, even if you dont know you do!

Talk about control!

Just remember, we're the "blind" ones.

Ha!

Haaa!

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 10:55 AM
link   

How exactly do you think providing free housing, healthcare, and schooling to 20+ million illegal immigrants is going to help the middle class?

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

How exactly do you think providing free housing, healthcare, and schooling to 20+ million illegal immigrants is going to help the middle class?

How did Trump making GOP leaders reject the border bill help anybody else besides Trump?
edit on q00000056731America/Chicago5050America/Chicago7 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

The emporer is naked as a jay bird (what is a jay bird by the way?) and people seem to be eating it up. I'm actually concerned that kackling kammy will be the next potus based on what I am seeing. Throw out some mind-bending logic with some big laughs and smiles...mix in a healthy dose of "yay, things are great! positivity", put it out there and people fall for it in droves. They don't want to know the truth, they want to do what they want and feel that everything is going to be great. Not all people are like this (many of us for example) but sadly it sure looks like the world is jumping on the red pill wagon and I am literally having to walk away from my computer more and more to keep from even having to see what's happening.

The way I am interpreting everything going on...they have already stolen another election and it's not even past the conventions this time.

Please, please...somebody post something to try and help me see how kamoo isn't really going to be the next CIC

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Because Ukraines borders are not our borders....

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 10:59 AM
link   

MAGA cultish?

If "MAGA cultish" defines a person who was happier paying $1.50 for gas, happier with a more secure border, happier with a booming economy, happier with foreign nations paying equal tariffs. happier with businesses coming back to America, happier with low interest rates, happier with lower prices at the grocery store, happier with no wars, happier with their country having peace through strength, then you can go ahead and call me a MAGA cultish or whatever you want to even though nothing Trump supporters do is actually cultish by definition. We show up to rallies and/or social media to support the president we're voting for, that's what normal people do.

Not sure what exactly you expect, the other side has zero policies that help this country.

You know very well the issues that define a MAGA cultish poster vs. a right leaning poster vs. a far right leaning poster here.

No I don't. Trump supporters are people like I explained above. There's nothing cultish about that.

How do you feel about the people who called Trump a threat to democracy and instantly started supporting Harris when she was pushed up to the DNC candidate without a single vote? Biden isn't just a threat to democracy, he eliminated it and now those who love democracy follow lockstep with Harris, who was not democratically elected as the candidate. Now look up cultist and tell me who fits it more.

Definitely some cultish behaviour out there, but I've learned not to argue with anyone that could be considered a fool because then we both would be indistinguishable as fools.

This is a debate, not an argument. I do appreciate the fact you're sticking around to defend yourself even though you aren't seeing the forest for the trees and are being contradictory.

link   

Not that border, the south border.

link   

Another BS deflection.

I expected nothing less.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Same bill.

..thus the comment.

But please, do go on.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Same bill.

..thus the comment.

But please, do go on.

Read and learn.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Again, thanks for making my point.

From your link:

The proposed changes to the immigration system are tied to foreign aid for Ukraine and Israel.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrGashler

My absolute favorite phrase when it comes to leftists and their rabid hatred for people with more money than them.
"Their fair share".
How about you start by defining what a "fair share" is.

I will leave that to the very capable Kamala Harris and it's easy enough for you to listen to her so you can learn what you need to know about what a 'fair share' a 'fair shake' and the difference between 'survive' and 'thrive'.

There's that conservatism you were talking about, you're not a lefty at all. Heh.

Kamala can't even talk without cackling, hard to take her serious. Especially the way she tries to make everything she says some sort of philosophical riddle.

Again, I am not, I feel Harris' economic plan will help the middle class and that is not left thinking, it's all people thinking.

That's left thinking because you're forgetting about relief for the lower class and upper class. They deserve relief, too. Plus, let's not forget the politicians always say they're gonna help the middle class but they continually twist that knife in our back and try to keep their boot on our necks the way they've kept their boot on the neck of the black community. The only one who has helped the American people, all of them, is Trump and his policies.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Again, thanks for making my point.

From your link:

The proposed changes to the immigration system are tied to foreign aid for Ukraine and Israel.

Sure, but the context of my post is specific to the southern border and immigration and you just want to muddy the waters.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I'm not muddying anything.

You said:

How did Trump making GOP leaders reject the border bill help anybody else besides Trump?

Which is muddying the topic of the thread by the way...

To which my reply stems.

Sorry you were proven wrong, yet again.

Only you can break this pattern.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join