It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The emperor still has no clothes

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: quintessentone

Define social changes.

Bottom line is are we better off than we were 4 years ago. The answer is no by the way.

If people are truly being honest with themselves and the political landscape, I don’t think that question had a positive answer for decades.

Not since the 80's prior to now. I was by far a LOT better off 4 years ago than today. I don't count the country being shut down and every avenue for recovery being blocked by the Congress.

Isn’t that what caused all the inflation?

So you’re just going to give Trump and Biden a pass one causing the inflation, or are we going to instead absolve Trump and say COVID is all Biden’s fault.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrGashler

My absolute favorite phrase when it comes to leftists and their rabid hatred for people with more money than them.
"Their fair share".
How about you start by defining what a "fair share" is.

I will leave that to the very capable Kamala Harris and it's easy enough for you to listen to her so you can learn what you need to know about what a 'fair share' a 'fair shake' and the difference between 'survive' and 'thrive'.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I'm absolutely MAGA-cultish! (raising hand)

Anyone who isn't for making America great again needs to have their head examined (not to mention their bank accounts).

I mean seriously, how can you NOT be all for making America great????

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

My absolute favorite phrase when it comes to leftists and their rabid hatred for people with more money than them.
"Their fair share".
How about you start by defining what a "fair share" is.

I will leave that to the very capable Kamala Harris and it's easy enough for you to listen to her so you can learn what you need to know about what a 'fair share' a 'fair shake' and the difference between 'survive' and 'thrive'.

"Non lefty" deems most left leaning candidate ever as "capable."

There just isn't a big enough mirror....

link   

originally posted by: wAnchorofCarp

You do understand that raising taxes for corporations raise prices for the middle class, right?

That is also in conjunction with inflation.

If you could stop projecting your own short comings onto "most people/voters" that would be terrific.

Thanks.

Give the people more money to stimulate the economy and stop government overspending.

That requires a balance. When Trump lowered taxes across the board, businesses were able to give out raises and bonuses across the board. That's how you stimulate an economy but for some reason, democrats hated it. They know how to make the economy good, the blueprint is there, they just don't want to admit Trump's policies were good so they're trying different ways and they're all failing. It's like needing an entire sheet of paper to get the answer for 2+2 when everyone should be smart enough to know it's 4 already.

You know very well what all government administrations do with economic strategies, don't work in the long term or only appear to work for the short term...see: runaway national debt. Some new thinking is needed.

Lowering taxes helped everybody with a job benefit and stimulated the economy. When you have more money, you buy more things. When you buy more things, you grow the economy. The only way that can work is if the rich business owners benefit so they don't have to raise their prices and cause the new costs to break even with the old ones before the tax cuts.

If raising minimum wage to a ridiculous amount wasn't enough evidence then I don't know what to tell you. One couple will spend $25+ bucks to eat at a fast food place now, so that minimum wage increase did nothing. Sure you make more money, but what good is more money when you go from paying $5.99 for a meal to paying $9.99? It's neither logical nor reasonable. Zero common sense was attempted with that.

link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: LSU2018

I'm absolutely MAGA-cultish! (raising hand)

Anyone who isn't for making America great again needs to have their head examined (not to mention their bank accounts).

I mean seriously, how can you NOT be all for making America great????

It's already great, it needs to be saved now.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 10:06 AM
link   

You do understand that raising taxes for corporations raise prices for the middle class, right?

That is also in conjunction with inflation.

If you could stop projecting your own short comings onto "most people/voters" that would be terrific.

Thanks.

Give the people more money to stimulate the economy and stop government overspending.

That requires a balance. When Trump lowered taxes across the board, businesses were able to give out raises and bonuses across the board. That's how you stimulate an economy but for some reason, democrats hated it. They know how to make the economy good, the blueprint is there, they just don't want to admit Trump's policies were good so they're trying different ways and they're all failing. It's like needing an entire sheet of paper to get the answer for 2+2 when everyone should be smart enough to know it's 4 already.

You know very well what all government administrations do with economic strategies, don't work in the long term or only appear to work for the short term...see: runaway national debt. Some new thinking is needed.

Lowering taxes helped everybody with a job benefit and stimulated the economy. When you have more money, you buy more things. When you buy more things, you grow the economy. The only way that can work is if the rich business owners benefit so they don't have to raise their prices and cause the new costs to break even with the old ones before the tax cuts.

If raising minimum wage to a ridiculous amount wasn't enough evidence then I don't know what to tell you. One couple will spend $25+ bucks to eat at a fast food place now, so that minimum wage increase did nothing. Sure you make more money, but what good is more money when you go from paying $5.99 for a meal to paying $9.99? It's neither logical nor reasonable. Zero common sense was attempted with that.

Again, probe Harris' economic plans and if you can find out Trump's economic plans (which don't exist) then compare the two, that should be your mission.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 10:09 AM
link   

From a right leaning or MAGA cult viewpoint, it sure looks that way to some of you here.

see that right there is a left leaning speech, sounds just like lsm talking points. you just can't help yourself.

edit on 25-7-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

From a right leaning or MAGA cult viewpoint, it sure looks that way to some of you here.

see that right there is a left leaning speech, sounds just like lsm talking points. you just can't help yourself.

No it is not, it is an observation gleaned from the many many years of being on ATS. Experience, man.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: SideEyeEverything1
Not a MAGA site, just a logic and common sense group.

If the left would do something valuable and worthwhile and put up candidates that weren't far left Marxist, globalist lunatics, maybe the atmosphere would be different here.

And I think people have lost sight about what the role of the federal government is. We are light years away from its purpose.

That's no longer possible without a total separation of this country. The democrats you're referring to have moved so far left that they're pushing out moderate to left of moderate voters away. The DNC has completely abandoned the party that they used to be and the collapse began when they started coddling to the faction of people who represent less than 3% of this country. They've completely revamped their platform to attract transexuals, pedophiles, perverts, man girls, and open borders. I'd give anything to go back in time and let 1992 Bill and Hillary see what they become 20 years later. I didn't like them then but at least Slick Willy was opposed to open borders, crime ridden inner cities, etc.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The entire dem party is currently a raging dumpster fire - it's bizarre how they think a quick pivot to Kamala fixes everything when she's actually the millstone around their necks.

Fun to watch though

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 10:15 AM
link   

then you do it again, straight out of the left playbook. talking about saving our democracy. again you just can't help yourself no matter how hard you protest and deny it.

edit on 25-7-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

then you do it again, straight out of the left playbook.

That's your perception, my perception is that it needs to be saved from itself in many areas.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4
a reply to: network dude

Is ATS just a far right echo chamber for the MAGA crowd now?

Im not seeing the point of coming here anymore.

Shame really

People are opening their eyes to what the left is bringing to the table. Can't be mad about that. I know republicans were supposed to all be old white people and dying off, but that wasn't true in 2009 and it's not true today. More and more youngsters are seeing the light.

Does everyone notice Kamala's Vice President picks, they all will appeal to the older white male, just saying.

Am I'm just saying that we don't vote on appearance, color, or sex. I base my vote on policies because I'd like to see this country flourish. No candidate will ever have policies that attract all of their supporters, but at least Trump has policies.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I absolutely love putting you on the spot. You never disappoint when it comes to trying to worm your way out of statements you make or positions you take.

"They should pay their fair share"
-What is their fair share exactly?-
"Uhh......I'll let someone else define that so I don't put my foot even further in my mouth"

I genuinely don't understand how you can look yourself in the mirror with some of the stuff you believe, but thankfully I don't really have to understand it because I'm not you trying to look myself in the mirror. Goebbels would be so proud of you. You're a walking example of "if you repeat a lie loud enough long enough people will start to believe it".

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4
a reply to: network dude

Is ATS just a far right echo chamber for the MAGA crowd now?

Im not seeing the point of coming here anymore.

Shame really

People are opening their eyes to what the left is bringing to the table. Can't be mad about that. I know republicans were supposed to all be old white people and dying off, but that wasn't true in 2009 and it's not true today. More and more youngsters are seeing the light.

Does everyone notice Kamala's Vice President picks, they all will appeal to the older white male, just saying.

Am I'm just saying that we don't vote on appearance, color, or sex. I base my vote on policies because I'd like to see this country flourish. No candidate will ever have policies that attract all of their supporters, but at least Trump has policies.

Are you being serious right now?

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I absolutely love putting you on the spot. You never disappoint when it comes to trying to worm your way out of statements you make or positions you take.

"They should pay their fair share"
-What is their fair share exactly?-
"Uhh......I'll let someone else define that so I don't put my foot even further in my mouth"

I genuinely don't understand how you can look yourself in the mirror with some of the stuff you believe, but thankfully I don't really have to understand it because I'm not you trying to look myself in the mirror. Goebbels would be so proud of you. You're a walking example of "if you repeat a lie loud enough long enough people will start to believe it".

I didn't say let someone else define it, I said listen to Kamala Harris speak on her economic plan then try to find Trump's economic plan (explained in detail) then get the true picture.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

a reply to: imitator

If they didn't care that Kamala was installed as the nominee, why would they care if they certify?

The fact that the Democrat nominee is someone no one voted a single vote for should be universally troubling.

...yet it's not.

It's astounding how the Dem supporters are OK with the higher ups installing Kamala like a toilet without so much as a roll call from anyone , let alone a legitimate vote.

I don't care who they try to shove out into Trump's lions den wearing pork chop panties, but the fact that they are cheating again is the problem.

They are con artists.

They're doing it to save democracy, but completely passed democracy over so they could get their money that was held up. I mean, you literally can't make this # up!

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 10:21 AM
link   

The most hilarious part about it is that in one breath you talk about the issue with government overspending, which is probably the only thing you and I agree on in any capacity, but then you talk about how the rich need to pay "their fair share"(which is just code for we need to tax them much more than we already are)

You don't even realize that you're advocating against your own position. Giving the government more money isn't going to help eliminate the overspending problem.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 10:24 AM
link   

a reply to: RazorV66

The cheating is inherent.

What is new is that the spewers of "tHrEaT t0 dEmOcrAcY!11!!" crowd are silent.

Yep, they claimed Trump was a threat to democracy and obliterated democracy in the same breath. How do people NOT see that? Is the ignorance willful or are they really just that stupid (like Joy Reid)?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join