It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The emperor still has no clothes

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

The original question, which you have yet to answer, is what is the definition of "Their fair share".
Your response was telling me to look at Harris' economic plan. How would that be an appropriate response to me asking you to define a phrase that YOU used, "Their fair share", if you were not deferring to her plan because it contains some sort of definition of what that phrase means. This isn't a discussion about the contrasts between their economic plans. This is a discussion about what the phrase that YOU USED means beyond just being some pretty words.

If you can't define the phrase you used, just say so. I won't judge you any harder than I already do.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrGashler

The original question, which you have yet to answer, is what is the definition of "Their fair share".
Your response was telling me to look at Harris' economic plan. How would that be an appropriate response to me asking you to define a phrase that YOU used, "Their fair share", if you were not deferring to her plan because it contains some sort of definition of what that phrase means. This isn't a discussion about the contrasts between their economic plans. This is a discussion about what the phrase that YOU USED means beyond just being some pretty words.

If you can't define the phrase you used, just say so. I won't judge you any harder than I already do.

My original question, which you have yet to answer. Where are the hyperlinks in Trump's policies that explain in specific detail the 'hows'? Which emperor has no clothes again?
edit on q00000032731America/Chicago5555America/Chicago7 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: watchitburn

Still almost a year after Congress passed a clean border Bill that's still sitting with Schumer.

We all know why, it's a resistance is futile kinda thing at this time.

And you're more of a "gotta pass it to see what's in it" type of gal, amirite?

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: wAnchorofCarp

You do understand that raising taxes for corporations raise prices for the middle class, right?

That is also in conjunction with inflation.

If you could stop projecting your own short comings onto "most people/voters" that would be terrific.

Thanks.

Give the people more money to stimulate the economy and stop government overspending.

That requires a balance. When Trump lowered taxes across the board, businesses were able to give out raises and bonuses across the board. That's how you stimulate an economy but for some reason, democrats hated it. They know how to make the economy good, the blueprint is there, they just don't want to admit Trump's policies were good so they're trying different ways and they're all failing. It's like needing an entire sheet of paper to get the answer for 2+2 when everyone should be smart enough to know it's 4 already.

You know very well what all government administrations do with economic strategies, don't work in the long term or only appear to work for the short term...see: runaway national debt. Some new thinking is needed.

Lowering taxes helped everybody with a job benefit and stimulated the economy. When you have more money, you buy more things. When you buy more things, you grow the economy. The only way that can work is if the rich business owners benefit so they don't have to raise their prices and cause the new costs to break even with the old ones before the tax cuts.

If raising minimum wage to a ridiculous amount wasn't enough evidence then I don't know what to tell you. One couple will spend $25+ bucks to eat at a fast food place now, so that minimum wage increase did nothing. Sure you make more money, but what good is more money when you go from paying $5.99 for a meal to paying $9.99? It's neither logical nor reasonable. Zero common sense was attempted with that.

Again, probe Harris' economic plans and if you can find out Trump's economic plans (which don't exist) then compare the two, that should be your mission.

This article basically says she plans to do the same things Biden did economically but also raise corporate tax rate to 28 or 35 percent? She will extend the Trump tax cuts that are expiring also of course. Hehehehehehehe not kidding that's what it says.

www.usatoday.com...

Also the phrasing of this article makes it seem like she actually has no concrete plans or policy ideas thought out. I mean. "This is what Kamala MAY do". Do you have a link to her policy plans or agenda? Hang on ill grab Trump's agenda 47 plan off his website its pretty comprehensive here ya go. www.donaldjtrump.com... or www.donaldjtrump.com...

By the way what is Harris going to do for the homeless? Because Trump has a plan to help the homeless people. Where's Kamala's plan for that?
edit on 25-7-2024 by Shoshanna because: also

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 12:43 PM
link   

You do understand that raising taxes for corporations raise prices for the middle class, right?

If you could stop projecting your own short comings onto "most people/voters" that would be terrific.

Thanks.

I absolutely understand the borrowing from Peter to pay Paul failing economics in place and ignored by almost all administrations. It does not work.

Give the people more money to stimulate the economy and stop government overspending.

Where does this money come from?

If the answer is taxing and/or printing, youve lost the premise.

I absolutely know where the money comes from, what everyone forgets is government overspending and the debt is where the premise is lost.

Then giving people money comes from more debt, overspending and of course printing.

The question was, where do you think it should come from if not above?

It's supposed to come from taxing the wealthy corportions that are moving their businesses to other countries as fast as they can.

edit on 1/1/1908 by nugget1 because: sp

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

Thanks.

I absolutely understand the borrowing from Peter to pay Paul failing economics in place and ignored by almost all administrations. It does not work.

I absolutely know where the money comes from, what everyone forgets is government overspending and the debt is where the premise is lost.

Then giving people money comes from more debt, overspending and of course printing.

It's supposed to come from taxing the wealthy corportions that are moving their businesses to other countries as fast as they can.

What I see that is needed more than anything else for success is bipartisan cooperation and not division. It's about the people not about the politician nor the party.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Thanks.

That, and The Kampaign isn't telling anybody that increasing the rich tax rates won't bring in enough revenue to cover much of any debt. It's a ruse to keep the economy reeling with inflation. 😃

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Thanks.

That, and The Kampaign isn't telling anybody that increasing the rich tax rates won't bring in enough revenue to cover much of any debt. It's a ruse to keep the economy reeling with inflation. 😃

What is Trump's plan to combat the debt. Oh right, it does not exist.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Thanks.

What I see that is needed more than anything else for success is bipartisan cooperation and not division. It's about the people not about the politician nor the party.

Coming from you, who cheered the Trump assisanation attempt and expressed remporse that it was unsuccessful,all I have to say to you is:

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Muddying the context waters is all you can do, is why debate is dead here.

That’s all you do here is troll and derail threads and you never shut up, just keep talking in circles, spewing nonsense post after post like you have to be the center of attention. You’re either a paid shill or a troll sitting in mommy’s basement.

Were you neglected as a child? Is that what makes you cry out for constant attention?

You’re the one that’s literally killing debate here.
edit on 25-7-2024 by KrustyKrab because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Thanks.

What is Trump's plan to combat the debt. Oh right, it does not exist.

How long can you play dense? Or are you not playing?

Trump's plan has been posted numerous times, it's the same plan that worked in his 1st term.

You know, the one that Biden overturned when he got in office that started the ball rolling on track to the dumpster fire where we are now.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Have you been drinking or something? Normally you're not quite this bad.

You do realize you never asked me for that, right?

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: KrustyKrab

That’s all you do here is troll and derail threads and you never shut up, just keep talking in circles, spewing nonsense post after post like you have to be the center of attention. You’re either a paid shill or a troll sitting in mommy’s basement.

Were you neglected as a child? Is that what makes you cry out for constant attention?

She's actually The Artist Formerly Known As "Sillyolme".
Look her up - new name, same idiotic M.O.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

She's actually The Artist Formerly Known As "Sillyolme".
Look her up - new name, same idiotic M.O.
Oh I know who she is. I actually reference her from time to time. Matter of fact I almost did in my last post🤣

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 01:43 PM
link   

To be fair, by spinning in his own logical circles, we get another bite of the apple every time it comes around.

Actually promoting debate and discussion (just not from the principal).

Remember, he's winning!

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

I am not a leftie so I guess I am a middle of the road common senser.

you might not admit it, but you posts sure do. middle of the road folks don't support 2/3 of the lefts ideas.

Yahoo article citing a Wall Street Journal article that 's behind a paywall,

In fact, 63% of new audits as of Summer 2023 targeted taxpayers with income of less than $200,000, according to figures compiled by The Wall Street Journal’s editorial board, which then dubbed the $200,000 man the “IRS’s most wanted.”
IRS’s Most Wanted: The $200,000 Man Sixty-three percent of new audits last year were aimed at middle-class filers.

As I stated over and over, I vote depending on the issue and there are many issues that I flip flop on. You all fail to realize, ATS is decidedly right leaning or even MAGA cultish, so, of course, it would appear that way to some of you.

Yes, me also.

What gets me is the Right is completely blind to the fact they are all about control.

Hey, nice to see you contribute here and I hope you are well.

Thanks, I'm still perusing.

But same old - same old with their insult attempts and preaching to the choir gets old -- ya gotta take breaks now and then.

Well, they are in total control of their confirmation bias and no other truth shall pass.

So, true.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Say, Annee.

What do you think of the placement of Kamala Harris as the democrat nominee?

Was it right for Biden to step down after as soon as last week he was still telling his supporters, and supposed voters, that he was still running?

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Was it right for Biden to step down after as soon as last week he was still telling his supporters, and supposed voters, that he was still running?

He didn't just say that he was still running ... he said he'd only get out of the race if GOD ALMIGHTY HIMSELF came down from Heaven and personally told him to.

So ... who is 'God Almighty' to Biden? Obama? Pelosi?

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

"Pardon" me.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Just remember, you're dealing with the mindset of a vegan, crossfitting fourth wave feminist. They're going to screech their opinion in everyone's face whether it's wrong or not.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join