It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The emperor still has no clothes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 08:06 AM
link   
As we watch in amazement of the democratic party implode, and then burst out like a fiery phoenix, we are reminded that nothing has changed. The same people who were running the show before, are still running the show, and will continue to run the show. A change in leadership of the democratic party is just a façade. Sure the face is younger, and more DEI like, but the policies won't change.

The percentage of American's who feel the country is doing well is at 21%.
news.gallup.com...

So since nothing has actually changed, will the appearance of change be enough? I'd say it depends on how much it can be sold. They will have to erase all the previous mistakes, and paint things in a glorious new light, and hope like hell the masses are as easily led as they have been in the past. Throw some tick-tock videos up and keep the content short, like the attention spans of those who consume that version of news, get the Hollywood DERP brigade to pretty up that pig a bit, and there might be a chance. But only if people don't look for the facts. If folks dig into this a bit and realize that the same problems caused by this administration, will be the same policies the new face will maintain.

In a couple years we will celebrate 250 years of the nation being a nation. That's kind of a record for nations.
katv.com...

Studies show that an empire survives, on average, a mere 250 years. Did you know that? To put that into context, the world's oldest person recently died at 124 years old; so, she lived nearly half as long as most empires do. Most Americans are unaware of this small but crucial statistic, which may suggest much about our country's future. It is past time for Americans to confront the painful reality that our time as a world superpower may be limited, and it is time to explore how to slow down what, frankly, is an inevitability at some point — that the United States' global domination will not persist indefinitely. This may be difficult to grasp and accept, but it has never been true for any civilization in the past, and it will never be true for any society in the future.

if we don't find a way to change the direction we are in, Klaus will be serving bugs for dinner. It was a joke until it wasn't.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Most people/voters really don't have a good or any grasp on national economics and how government spends their money, so of course the percentage of people who feel 'they' are not doing well feel that way will be a high percentage.

Social changes have been made by Biden's Administration but nobody here wants to acknowledge it.
edit on q00000010731America/Chicago1414America/Chicago7 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Kamala is stuck between Bidens policies and her 2020 rhetoric. It provides plenty of fodder.

Yet, there also remains a possibility of pulling Kamala late in the game for someone completely different.

I mean it worked once...

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

Most people/voters really don't have a good or any grasp on national economics and how government spends their money, so of course the percentage of people who feel 'they' are not doing well feel that way will be a high percentage.

Social changes have been made by Biden's Administration but nobody here wants to acknowledge it.

diversity hires are being noticed, and when the failures cascade, as they will, it will be hard to ignore it. I have no doubt you will try, but you can't keep running things with sub par leadership and not have abject failures. Life doesn't work like that.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Most people don't care how the national economy is doing and how the government spends our money. They are wrapped up in how to keep a roof over their head and how to feed their family. Both becoming much harder by the national economy and how the government spends our money.

It is not a question of the people don't see how good the economy is. It is a question of the top of the government not seeing how bad the economy is. Also who is in charge of this economy.

Our government leadere shot themselves in the foot with the economy and they just keep reloading.
edit on 25-7-2024 by BeyondKnowledge3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: wAnchorofCarp

Kamala is stuck between Bidens policies and her 2020 rhetoric. It provides plenty of fodder.

Yet, there also remains a possibility of pulling Kamala late in the game for someone completely different.

I mean it worked once...

I'm waiting to see Harris implode as her accomplishments are shown to all, and a new face emerge, only to have the same adulation from the MSM when (insert new woman of color here) is ushered in a few weeks from now. And the DERP brigade will lap that up like they are now.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 08:20 AM
link   

This will be one of the most interesting elections IMO.

Before they picked Kamala, it was tracking to be a blowout. If you look at the odds with people taking bets, Trump still has a lead, but it’s been cut in half from his biggest favored position against Biden (at one point being 3 to 1 odds).

The left is going to have to energize their base. I think a lot of them just wrote this cycle off.

I think it’s going to be tough for either side to sell themselves to independents seeing as the two parties pretty much doubled our debt in two terms, each at the helm.

Then we have a wild card that could tip the scale a few points off of either side, RFK.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 08:22 AM
link   
What exact social changes are you referring too.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Define social changes.

Bottom line is are we better off than we were 4 years ago. The answer is no by the way.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Define social changes.

Bottom line is are we better off than we were 4 years ago. The answer is no by the way.

If people are truly being honest with themselves and the political landscape, I don’t think that question had a positive answer for decades.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 08:33 AM
link   

She doesn't hold up to scrutiny very well.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 08:35 AM
link   

I mean it worked once...

I don't think it matters...
but it looks like someone wants Trump to win lol.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: imitator

If they didn't care that Kamala was installed as the nominee, why would they care if they certify?

The fact that the Democrat nominee is someone no one voted a single vote for should be universally troubling.

...yet it's not.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 08:39 AM
link   

"Social changes" ... yeah right ... like men playing in womens sports and when people point out how that is bad for REAL women, they are cancelled by the woke left.

You say you aren't a leftie cuz' you voted for a conservative in the past .. but every post you make says otherwise. You've got it bad.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: DAVID64

Define social changes.

If people are truly being honest with themselves and the political landscape, I don’t think that question had a positive answer for decades.

Exactly, most people/voters do not have a grasp on national economics. So Kamala promises to lower taxes for the middle class and raise taxes for corporations, along with affordable day care. Right there affordable day care will change people's lives hand over fist. Just that one social change.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Huh? I think most Americans are aware that we have men in women’s bath and locker rooms, men competing in women’s sports, illegals killing and committing criminal acts agains citizens, illegals taking resources from citizens, illegals bankrupting cities and states, more families going to funerals because of the fentanyl epidemic, more homeless than ever before, children being sexualized in school, etc….etc….

Yeah I think we all see how this administration and the democrats are trying to change the social landscape and it hasn’t been for the good. You trying to be the smartest one in the room again? So tiresome and boring 🙄
edit on 25-7-2024 by KrustyKrab because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

"Social changes" ... yeah right ... like men playing in womens sports and when people point out how that is bad for REAL women, they are cancelled by the woke left.

You say you aren't a leftie cuz' you voted for a conservative in the past .. but every post you make says otherwise. You've got it bad.

Bwaaa you beat me to it sis😂

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Winning against big pharma is a biggie and don't think people/voters will go backward from there.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 08:41 AM
link   

You do understand that raising taxes for corporations raise prices for the middle class, right?

That is also in conjunction with inflation.

If you could stop projecting your own short comings onto "most people/voters" that would be terrific.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 08:43 AM
link   

You do understand that raising taxes for corporations raise prices for the middle class, right?

That is also in conjunction with inflation.

If you could stop projecting your own short comings onto "most people/voters" that would be terrific.

Thanks.

I absolutely understand the borrowing from Peter to pay Paul failing economics in place and ignored by almost all administrations. It does not work.

Give the people more money to stimulate the economy and stop government overspending.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join