It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The emperor still has no clothes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: quintessentone
The very rich have to pay their fair share...and their fair share is substantial.

Spoken like a true lefty with their hand in everyones pocket ... 'soak the rich' .... tax and spend liberalism.

I am not a leftie so I guess I am a middle of the road common senser.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Ok, so you tax corporations.

Then whatever they are selling goes up in price to compensate for those taxes (and I'm sure a little extra for the trouble).

So the consumer (middle class, its in the name) buys the more expensive product at a higher rate with their inflated dollars.

This is very, very basic economics.

You'd know that if you weren't regurgitating platitudes and talking points.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 09:10 AM
link   

The very rich have to pay their fair share...and their fair share is substantial.

Spoken like a true lefty with their hand in everyones pocket ... 'soak the rich' .... tax and spend liberalism.

Citation required...

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Could you please provide me a source of where anyone has won against big pharma?

Unless you just mean the lawsuits for the death and damage they have caused?

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: wAnchorofCarp

Then whatever they are selling goes up in price to compensate for those taxes (and I'm sure a little extra for the trouble).

So the consumer (middle class, its in the name) buys the more expensive product at a higher rate with their inflated dollars.

Sometimes solutions are simple. They can't keep doing what they've been doing, that is one truth nobody can argue.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

My personal take?

They don't need the votes, voters or EC.

They need enough of the public to believe she can beat Trump so the final numbers don't appear suspect.

Yes, it's a blackpill. But it's honestly my opinion.

link   

Sometimes solutions are simple. They can't keep doing what they've been doing, that is one truth nobody can argue.

Agreed.

Yet your proposal is exactly what they've been doing.

link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: DAVID64

Define social changes.

Bottom line is are we better off than we were 4 years ago. The answer is no by the way.

If people are truly being honest with themselves and the political landscape, I don’t think that question had a positive answer for decades.

Not since the 80's prior to now. I was by far a LOT better off 4 years ago than today. I don't count the country being shut down and every avenue for recovery being blocked by the Congress.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 09:16 AM
link   

You are NOT 'middle of the road'. You are left.
Everything you post drips of left wing rhetoric.
It's very clear. Go ahead and embrace it.
Admitting the problem is the first step in recovery ....

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

It's actually quite interesting that that one doesn't see themselves as "left."

Kind of articulates exactly how far left the left is...

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 09:19 AM
link   

you might not admit it, but you posts sure do. middle of the road folks don't support 2/3 of the lefts ideas.

Yahoo article citing a Wall Street Journal article that 's behind a paywall,

In fact, 63% of new audits as of Summer 2023 targeted taxpayers with income of less than $200,000, according to figures compiled by The Wall Street Journal’s editorial board, which then dubbed the $200,000 man the “IRS’s most wanted.”
IRS’s Most Wanted: The $200,000 Man Sixty-three percent of new audits last year were aimed at middle-class filers.

edit on 25-7-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 09:22 AM
link   

. Denials a beach, nothing you post has anything to do with common sense. You derail every single thread you post on with your spam trolling.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: KrustyKrab

. Denials a beach, nothing you post has anything to do with common sense. You derail every single thread you post on with your spam trolling.

That's your opinion and you are allowed to spew it out here. Thank the site's owners.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

you might not admit it, but you posts sure do. middle of the road folks don't support 2/3 of the lefts ideas.

Yahoo article citing a Wall Street Journal article that 's behind a paywall,

In fact, 63% of new audits as of Summer 2023 targeted taxpayers with income of less than $200,000, according to figures compiled by The Wall Street Journal’s editorial board, which then dubbed the $200,000 man the “IRS’s most wanted.”
IRS’s Most Wanted: The $200,000 Man Sixty-three percent of new audits last year were aimed at middle-class filers.

As I stated over and over, I vote depending on the issue and there are many issues that I flip flop on. You all fail to realize, ATS is decidedly right leaning or even MAGA cultish, so, of course, it would appear that way to some of you.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 09:25 AM
link   

You do understand that raising taxes for corporations raise prices for the middle class, right?

That is also in conjunction with inflation.

If you could stop projecting your own short comings onto "most people/voters" that would be terrific.

Thanks.

Give the people more money to stimulate the economy and stop government overspending.

That requires a balance. When Trump lowered taxes across the board, businesses were able to give out raises and bonuses across the board. That's how you stimulate an economy but for some reason, democrats hated it. They know how to make the economy good, the blueprint is there, they just don't want to admit Trump's policies were good so they're trying different ways and they're all failing. It's like needing an entire sheet of paper to get the answer for 2+2 when everyone should be smart enough to know it's 4 already.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

You do understand that raising taxes for corporations raise prices for the middle class, right?

That is also in conjunction with inflation.

If you could stop projecting your own short comings onto "most people/voters" that would be terrific.

Thanks.

Give the people more money to stimulate the economy and stop government overspending.

That requires a balance. When Trump lowered taxes across the board, businesses were able to give out raises and bonuses across the board. That's how you stimulate an economy but for some reason, democrats hated it. They know how to make the economy good, the blueprint is there, they just don't want to admit Trump's policies were good so they're trying different ways and they're all failing. It's like needing an entire sheet of paper to get the answer for 2+2 when everyone should be smart enough to know it's 4 already.

You know very well what all government administrations do with economic strategies, don't work in the long term or only appear to work for the short term...see: runaway national debt. Some new thinking is needed.

link   
Not a MAGA site, just a logic and common sense group.

If the left would do something valuable and worthwhile and put up candidates that weren't far left Marxist, globalist lunatics, maybe the atmosphere would be different here.

And I think people have lost sight about what the role of the federal government is. We are light years away from its purpose.

link   

originally posted by: rigel4
a reply to: network dude

Is ATS just a far right echo chamber for the MAGA crowd now?

Im not seeing the point of coming here anymore.

Shame really

People are opening their eyes to what the left is bringing to the table. Can't be mad about that. I know republicans were supposed to all be old white people and dying off, but that wasn't true in 2009 and it's not true today. More and more youngsters are seeing the light.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: rigel4
a reply to: network dude

Is ATS just a far right echo chamber for the MAGA crowd now?

Im not seeing the point of coming here anymore.

Shame really

People are opening their eyes to what the left is bringing to the table. Can't be mad about that. I know republicans were supposed to all be old white people and dying off, but that wasn't true in 2009 and it's not true today. More and more youngsters are seeing the light.

Does everyone notice Kamala's Vice President picks, they all will appeal to the older white male, just saying.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: wAnchorofCarp
They have a BLM problem now:

President @JoeBiden Today:

🎤 “I am dropping out of the presidential race to defend democracy.”

🎤 “We must unite to protect democracy.”

🎤 “Nothing should stand in the way of saving our democracy.”

🎤 “In a democracy, the people, not kings or dictators, rule.”

@DNC Today in a Smoke-Filled Room:

“We will create an open, fair, inclusive and transparent process to select the next Democratic nominee.” However:

•The American people will not get a chance to vote for the Democratic nominee and their VP.
•DNC party bosses will vote instead of the American people.
•While a virtual primary for the American people isn’t possible, we will make it possible for DNC party bosses to vote virtually.

BUT, none of that even really matters because nearly 2,000 DNC party bosses have already told the Associated Press that they are committed to Kamala Harris and her unknown VP as the Democratic nominee, so Harris already won the open, fair, inclusive and transparent process, which is really just for show.

BLM X Account

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join