It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The emperor still has no clothes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: wAnchorofCarp
a reply to: imitator

If they didn't care that Kamala was installed as the nominee, why would they care if they certify?

The fact that the Democrat nominee is someone no one voted a single vote for should be universally troubling.

...yet it's not.

I think Biden and Harris are bottom of the barrel. Though, that’s par for course with the left.

But I don’t see much difference in a VP taking over in the middle of a term, or the middle of a race.

People know there’s a chance the VP may have to lead, it’s why their name is on the ticket too.

I think the left has been a constant sh** show, but I don’t see the big deal about them changing their candidate when it was clear Biden has no place with another term.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Is ATS just a far right echo chamber for the MAGA crowd now?

Im not seeing the point of coming here anymore.

Shame really
edit on Thu, 25 Jul 2024 08:47:32 -0500478America/ChicagoThursday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Few things.

The idea that the VP taking over is inherent, yes. Trouble is, Biden ran out the clock on running in 2024 and that's who the Democrats voted for.

The primaries are not a "ticket." They are an individual. They can promote a ticket and even change that ticket at any point the candidate wishes.

I like your OG position the best. The left will stoop to any level, break any rule and screw over their own voters. Do anything and everything possible to win.......except run a better candidate.

link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

a reply to: quintessentone

You do understand that raising taxes for corporations raise prices for the middle class, right?

That is also in conjunction with inflation.

If you could stop projecting your own short comings onto "most people/voters" that would be terrific.

Thanks.

I absolutely understand the borrowing from Peter to pay Paul failing economics in place and ignored by almost all administrations. It does not work.

Give the people more money to stimulate the economy and stop government overspending.

no, provide a way for people to EARN more money to stimulate the economy and stop government overspending. It's like you don't grasp what causes inflation. And you are so close to the right answer.

link   

originally posted by: rigel4

Shame really

Be the change you want to see.

If you provided anything of value, that value would appreciate.....

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Shame really

you always have the choice to find somewhere else to be.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 08:51 AM
link   

You do understand that raising taxes for corporations raise prices for the middle class, right?

If you could stop projecting your own short comings onto "most people/voters" that would be terrific.

Thanks.

I absolutely understand the borrowing from Peter to pay Paul failing economics in place and ignored by almost all administrations. It does not work.

Give the people more money to stimulate the economy and stop government overspending.

Where does this money come from?

If the answer is taxing and/or printing, youve lost the premise.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 08:51 AM
link   

The exact opposite of what the tax and spend liberals do.
And Harris is the most liberal person in the senate.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Shame really

That's your choice, of course, but this site does have some common sense posters too and reading some MAGA cult posts can be viewed as comic relief.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 08:54 AM
link   

It's always good for laugh though. If you have a strong stomach.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kallipygywiggy

It's always good for laugh though. If you have a strong stomach.

Absolutely, I can't count how many times I've spit out my coffee reading posts here.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: wAnchorofCarp

The people will still have the opportunity to vote for or against Kamala.

I think they’re going to suffer for how they handled this.

They were tone deaf for positioning Biden in 2020. They were tone deaf and negligent for humoring him this time around. The party finally listening to the country he has no business at even a slim chance of a second term is too little too late.

I think it would have been more problematic if they waited until after Election Day to pull a candidate and replace them. Doing so after primaries means people still get to vote.

If the left has to pay for their mishandling of their party, so be it. Their actions have been on full display.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Most people/voters really don't have a good or any grasp on national economics and how government spends their money, so of course the percentage of people who feel 'they' are not doing well feel that way will be a high percentage.

Social changes have been made by Biden's Administration but nobody here wants to acknowledge it.

Social changes aren't a solution to a failing economy, high interest rates, and inflation so big that the middle class is barely above water. Who gives a damn about social changes, there are far more important things most of this country is concerned with.

Biden claims he ran for president so he could make this country better, then he said he'd work on it over the next 6 months, then he said he'd pass the torch to Kamalla so she could make this country better. This after he claimed he made the country better. A massive amount of Americans aren't better off today than they were when Trump was in office and there aren't any democrat policies that will move us in a better direction. That's why they run on bashing Trump, their policies suck.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Thanks.

I absolutely know where the money comes from, what everyone forgets is government overspending and the debt is where the premise is lost.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

The people will still have the opportunity to vote for or against Kamala.

I think they’re going to suffer for how they handled this.

I'm not yet convinced. There's not much activity yet to back it up but I'm optimistic.

They were tone deaf for positioning Biden in 2020. They were tone deaf and negligent for humoring him this time around. The party finally listening to the country he has no business at even a slim chance of a second term is too little too late.

I think it would have been more problematic if they waited until after Election Day to pull a candidate and replace them. Doing so after primaries means people still get to vote.

If the left has to pay for their mishandling of their party, so be it. Their actions have been on full display.

They wanted Sanders in 2016. I can't remember who the front runner in 2020 was but it certainly wasn't the two that "won" the office.

As usual, I appreciate your rationed and optimistic general outlook but the facts thus far do not support it.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Shame really
I think it boils down to people with common sense and those that buy into the insanity and lunacy of the left. I think most of the people here you consider right wing are not hardcore conservatives as you may label them. I get tired of hearing the MAGA this MAGA that bs just because I don’t want men in the shower with my granddaughter. YMMV

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Thanks.

I absolutely know where the money comes from, what everyone forgets is government overspending and the debt is where the premise is lost.

Then giving people money comes from more debt, overspending and of course printing.

The question was, where do you think it should come from if not above?

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Thanks.

Then giving people money comes from more debt, overspending and of course printing.

The question was, where do you think it should come from if not above?

It needs to come from the very wealthy and corporations through higher taxes and lowering the middle class taxes will stimulate the economy. The very rich have to pay their fair share...and their fair share is substantial.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 09:08 AM
link   

The very rich have to pay their fair share...and their fair share is substantial.

Spoken like a true lefty with their hand in everyones pocket ... 'soak the rich' .... tax and spend liberalism.

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Kamala is stuck between Bidens policies and her 2020 rhetoric. It provides plenty of fodder.

Yet, there also remains a possibility of pulling Kamala late in the game for someone completely different.

I mean it worked once...

I honestly don't think democrats care enough about this country to notice how horrible Harris is. She couldn't pull 1% of the average vote 4 years ago, suddenly she's gonna save the country democrats previously said Biden saved. It's willful ignorance.

When McCain and Romney both ran against obummer, I didn't vote. The reason I didn't vote was because both of them would've been just as bad as obummer and I'd rather see the bad policies reflect on the left. But, I also vote with common sense and not just because the candidate is a certain color or sex, that's the dumbest reason ever and it's the only reason democrats like harris.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join